Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamil Grosicki

First Team

Default Re: Kamil Grosicki

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    100% agree. Got to be aware on the full-back/winger match-up.

There is so much to like about the 3-4-2-1 system I feel but we also need to be adaptable and I think MON is always been open to that.

I think Carvalho is such an important player. Say we start him wide of the front 3 but he could also be behind a front 2. We expect that. But I still reckon as he is getting stronger and used to the league he definitely becomes a tactical change during a match where he can drop into the 2 midfielders (have Colback/Yates etc next to him & you got the 3 CB protection and we can use his passing and we can bring on new attacker/Appiah).
    I see what you’re saying but it’s such a waste having his imagination at the base of midfield. His strengths are the intricate passes in and around the 16 yard box rather than smashing 40 yards to feet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I see what you’re saying but it’s such a waste having his imagination at the base of midfield. His strengths are the intricate passes in and around the 16 yard box rather than smashing 40 yards to feet
    ONeill wouldnt go for it in a million years anyway. That screen is always gonna be two big lads.

It's all about mid-table...

MoNaRK ulsort it.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    ONeill wouldnt go for it in a million years anyway. That screen is always gonna be two big lads.
    I think we're going to see a lot of Ryan Yates in there personally.

I have no issue with seeing Yates, Worrall, Richardson and Appiah getting a lot of minutes to bring them on. I'm not a promotion or bust type person. Cos I can see giving those guys and a few others a full season of exposure could place them and us really well for the following season. But I don't think EM... etc think like that.

So it'll make for an interesting year this one.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I think we're going to see a lot of Ryan Yates in there personally.
    I agree, which is why my enthusiasm for the upcoming season barely has a pulse.

That Yates position is the vehicle from defense to attack, and he's a Morris Minor.

That Yates position is the vehicle from defense to attack, and he's a Morris Minor.
    I'm not as downbeat on him as you. I think he success will depend on who he is partnered with. Because i think you can have success at this level with someone in the middle who fights, competes, wins battles, pops up with the odd important goal and provides that extra physicality and height. But it's who's around him that will matter.

Don't get me wrong, I want all players to be able to take the ball on the back foot and turn into space and play through the lines. But I accept it isn't going to happen.

I'd like to see us sign two new CM's. Colback and Reed would be amazing. But there is a role for Yates in the squad I think.

But if we're going to be relying on him for 35+ games, then I think we might as well also really look to get Appiah, Worrall and Richardson in too, and use the season to bring them all on. Which won't happen.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I'm not as downbeat on him as you. I think he success will depend on who he is partnered with. Because i think you can have success at this level with someone in the middle who fights, competes, wins battles, pops up with the odd important goal and provides that extra physicality and height. But it's who's around him that will matter.

Don't get me wrong, I want all players to be able to take the ball on the back foot and turn into space and play through the lines. But I accept it isn't going to happen.

I'd like to see us sign two new CM's. Colback and Reed would be amazing. But there is a role for Yates in the squad I think.

But if we're going to be relying on him for 35+ games, then I think we might as well also really look to get Appiah, Worrall and Richardson in too, and use the season to bring them all on. Which won't happen.
    That's why I'd prefer Gueds over Yates in that position as he does the battling and turnover of play but has more drive and the ability to get things moving forward.

Obviously Gueds can be inconsistent and he's aging a bit now but to still have him preferable to Yates shows that we do need to strengthen in that area.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    That's why I'd prefer Gueds over Yates in that position as he does the battling and turnover of play but has more drive and the ability to get things moving forward.

Obviously Gueds can be inconsistent and he's aging a bit now but to still have him preferable to Yates shows that we do need to strengthen in that area.

Gued's got the change of play down that Yates will never have. That ability to turn on the edge of our box and set someone off with a 40yard cross field ball. However I think he's another who's on a downward trajectory and looks to have lost his sharpness big time.

I'd move Gued on if we could.

First Team

Apart form Guedi's early season spell of form, our ball progression from defensive midfield wasn't good enough all season. Harsh to blame it all on Yates.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Apart form Guedi's early season spell of form, our ball progression from defensive midfield wasn't good enough all season. Harsh to blame it all on Yates.
    Pound for pound the Colback/Guediura partnership seemed to yield the best results. Certainly not perfect in transition, but the mix was better.

Yates isn't in the chair, its the manager, he clearly overused him at a crucial time. Yates cant shoulder the offensive burden from the base next season, he simply aint ready for it. His passing needs a huge amount of work.

Matchday Squad

Its the least enthused ive ever been for a season starting in my lifetime supporting this club. I have zero hope of us going up under the current manager or the football even being remotely entertaining.

Which probably means we'll romp it.

It's all about mid-table...

Yuv never adit so good you just don't realise it yet.

Not long now.

Viv Anderson

Polish news reckons we're still interested:

https://www.rmf24.pl/sport/news-kami...-h,nId,3076132

Viv Anderson

Oddly enough played in France and Rennes before coming to England.

Says something about who's been doing the purchasing in recent windows if we're still under Mouch and after him.

Looks like the DOF-coach structure is finally in place. Fingers crossed it has the desired effect

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Ale ape.

Trading Donkeys for Kamils...I'm ok with that.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Trading Donkeys for Kamils...I'm ok with that.
    I could soon get the hump with it.

EXACT SAME BENEFITS

Nigel Clough

Lolley, Carvalho, Grosicki, Grabban is a cracking front 4 at this level.

Get Colback in as well and we’re only 2 or 3 players away from a very good starting eleven I reckon.

Plenty of decent squad players there, but it’s the likes of Grosicki and Colback that will push us forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Lolley, Carvalho, Grosicki, Grabban is a cracking front 4 at this level.

Get Colback in as well and we’re only 2 or 3 players away from a very good starting eleven I reckon.

Plenty of decent squad players there, but it’s the likes of Grosicki and Colback that will push us forward.
    Last two seasons:

18 goals 17 assists.

The more I look at this fella, the more I hope we sign him. Theres a ton of goals in that front four.

Ian Storey-Moore

Last two seasons:

18 goals 17 assists.

The more I look at this fella, the more I hope we sign him. Theres a ton of goals in that front four.
    Add the potential of this new lad Thiago Silva and we are looking frightening going forward.

It probably makes an even bigger case for us bringing in another striker to support Grabban, he's the only one that is on their wavelength. It all goes up the shitter if he gets injured and we're relying on Daryl Murphy to make intelligent runs off the shoulder and into channels.

Up-Front

Add the potential of this new lad Thiago Silva and we are looking frightening going forward.

It probably makes an even bigger case for us bringing in another striker to support Grabban, he's the only one that is on their wavelength. It all goes up the shitter if he gets injured and we're relying on Daryl Murphy to make intelligent runs off the shoulder and into channels.
    Not sure what Oliveiras up to, he might be overkill, but he'd be ideal for the role. Really versatile striker.

Ian Storey-Moore

Not sure what Oliveiras up to, he might be overkill, but he'd be ideal for the role. Really versatile striker.
    He's one of few players I've actually seen very little in order to form an opinion of him. I didn't get to many games whilst we had him.

Nigel Clough

With talk of us looking to offload Daryl Murphy and Tyler Walker perhaps going out on loan, I think there would be a space for Nelson in the squad. Grabban, Karim and Nelson wouldn't be too shabby a set of options upfront at all.

Up-Front

He's one of few players I've actually seen very little in order to form an opinion of him. I didn't get to many games whilst we had him.
    Loved him when he was here, dead easy on the eye, lone striker, secondary striker, No.10 you name it he could probably do a job there. Decent in the air, plays with his back to goal. Folk might take issue with his goals output, but Im sure conditions would be more conducive to goalscoring second time round.

Spiky fucker with a bit of an edge to him, he'd be a great signing.

Nigel Clough

Loved him when he was here, dead easy on the eye, lone striker, secondary striker, No.10 you name it he could probably do a job there. Decent in the air, plays with his back to goal. Folk might take issue with his goals output, but Im sure conditions would be more conducive to goalscoring second time round.

Spiky fucker with a bit of an edge to him, he'd be a great signing.
    I've been wanting us to sign him in pretty much every window since he left. Not a 15-20 goal a season striker granted, but more than capable of scoring his fair share and bring a lot to the table. Quality player, I'd love to see him back here.