Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 3,026 to 3,048 of 3048

Thread: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD‘S OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

13th Duke of Wybourne

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD‘S OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Where's the bod shit?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD‘S OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Multi millionaires/billionaires can do what they want if the egos big enough.

Look at what the last guy wasted his money on
    This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. What exactly was the message?
    That Abdulaziz and Fawaz are saviours on parallel with Clough?

The fact that Clough would have hated Fawaz makes it even better lmao, what a nob.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post
    Also in other WFCG news - Forest are hoping to break the attendance record in the Women’s Northern Premier league, which is currently held by Derby County at just over 2000.

The match is on Sunday 3rd October, at the WFCG, vs Derby County. This will be the first time the Women’s team have played there.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...e-City-Ground/
    I popped in to shop today with my daughter to get her the away shirt. 5 of the Forest ladies were in there and made a fuss of my little girl and gave her signed autographs. She was absolutely made up. Credit to Forest max the girls in question. Hope they break that record.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    In other EM- and sporting facilities-related news, we are building an entirely new watersports complex (water-polo, swimming, diving etc.), mostly with money by EM, on public property next to the stadium the basketball team uses. Lease for 50+50 years.

Plans unveiled in August, the final deal, including all legal, technical, planning, legislative details, was struck today, before the end of September.
    So as not to give the wrong impression, Greek bureaucracy can be even worse than the British one. Five years ago, EM bought a plot in Piraeus and announced he would fund the construction of a football stadium, which he would donate to the Municipality of Piraeus, for use by all amateur clubs of the area (there's an incredible shortage of available venues in the area). All the local authorities had to do was give permission for the plot to be used for sports activities. The municipality announced only today that construction begins.

The funny thing is EM is a member of the local council.

Last edited by GreeksBearingGifts; 07-10-21 at 18:58.

Ian Storey-Moore

This new stand just isn't happening is it.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Nope. It was always a pipe dream.

A. Trialist

It'll happen. Don't give up hope.

Viv Anderson

It can't until planning permission is granted

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    So as not to give the wrong impression, Greek bureaucracy can be even worse than the British one. Five years ago, EM bought a plot in Piraeus and announced he would fund the construction of a football stadium, which he would donate to the Municipality of Piraeus, for use by all amateur clubs of the area (there's an incredible shortage of available venues in the area). All the local authorities had to do was give permission for the plot to be used for sports activities. The municipality announced only today that construction begins.

The funny thing is EM is a member of the local council.

In otherwords, everyone has now received their brown envelopes!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    It can't until planning permission is granted
    I know, that's what I mean. The council would clearly prefer that were somewhere else and the fur coat no knickers brigade want rid as well.

Can't Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    In otherwords, everyone has now received their brown envelopes!
    More often a case of dealing with every shit tiny objection till the anti-brigade having nothing left to moan about.

Oh FFS.

Viv Anderson

I often used to tell my wife, after a few minor household tasks had been dodged for some months, "It'll get done". And it was.

Same with the ground, stop fretting, it'll get done when everything is in place and everyone has the time, money and inclination to go ahead.

Ian Storey-Moore

I know, that's what I mean. The council would clearly prefer that were somewhere else and the fur coat no knickers brigade want rid as well.
    I disagree re the council. The City council would love to have the club in the city and Rushcliffe Borough council would prefer us to stay. It directly impacts the local economy in their area.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Aren't the council supposed to be putting some of the money up for it?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I disagree re the council. The City council would love to have the club in the city and Rushcliffe Borough council would prefer us to stay. It directly impacts the local economy in their area.
    Absolutely, the prospect of NFFC relocating will have a significant financial impact on local businesses and employment, something that RBC is well aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Aren't the council supposed to be putting some of the money up for it?
    No Razar, none of the local authorities are involved in the funding.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 09-10-21 at 12:21.

A. Trialist

And what with those lovely new flats across the trent hitting trouble why would the council not want the local economy given a huge boost with supposedly local builders involved in building a stand that in the end will bring more employment to the area after it's done. Itll happen unless nffc change their minds and they've laid out enough money already to ditch it now

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I often used to tell my wife, after a few minor household tasks had been dodged for some months, "It'll get done". And it was.

Same with the ground, stop fretting, it'll get done when everything is in place and everyone has the time, money and inclination to go ahead.
    The City Ground wasn't redeveloped in a day, then again Valspoodle's wife wasn't involved in that job!

In the latest interview with Dane Murphy, it doesn't sound like much progress has been made. I'm more concerned though at a lack of commitment to actually build the thing when they have planning permission. This "we will build at the right time" is irrelevant as it should have be done 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    In the latest interview with Dane Murphy, it doesn't sound like much progress has been made. I'm more concerned though at a lack of commitment to actually build the thing when they have planning permission. This "we will build at the right time" is irrelevant as it should have be done 20 years ago.
    As I commented earlier, the hold-up over the last 18-months has been the planning permission for the primary source of funding for the stand - the two adjoining apartment blocks.

As for timing, deciding on the exact juncture to demolish the existing structure (and the issues involved with asbestos and the nearby residential area) before even thinking of putting a shovel in the ground is an important consideration. Also - and although I'm sure the issues will have been fully explored - given that the business-side of the stadium will be unoccupied for the best part of 18-months, sorting out the logistics of re-locating 4-5000 fan within the remaining three sides, temporary dressing-rooms, media-facilities etc, etc for a period that will have the least impact on the club's effectiveness to carry-on as usual.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 10-10-21 at 12:03.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    As I commented earlier, the hold-up over the last 18-months has been the planning permission for the primary source of funding for the stand - the two adjoining apartment blocks.

As for timing, deciding on the exact juncture to demolish the existing structure (and the issues involved with asbestos and the nearby residential area) before even thinking of putting a shovel in the ground is an important consideration. Also - and although I'm sure the issues will have been fully explored - given that the business-side of the stadium will be unoccupied for the best part of 18-months, sorting out the logistics of re-locating 4-5000 fan within the remaining three sides, temporary dressing-rooms, media-facilities etc, etc for a period that will have the least impact on the club's effectiveness to carry-on as usual.
    True.
    There are “fans” who believe that the new stand can be thrown up over a long weekend.

Impressive member

I have to regularly view land registry deeds of properties in my job. Some houses purchased 18 months ago still haven't been registered because of delays caused by Covid, so I expect other conveyancing delays such as planning permission, etc, are also backlogged.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post

Oh I agree with all of the above.

Let hope at least some of those plans are being made now rather than waiting for the planning permission to be granted.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Oh I agree with all of the above.

Let hope at least some of those plans are being made now rather than waiting for the planning permission to be granted.
    I fully expect that Benoy will have all arrangements in place.