Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 2986

Thread: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLDS OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Viv Anderson

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLDS OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Evidence please Mr Redding?

It wont happen ! (Imo)
    I know you've been long-convinced that the whole idea of the new development is an elaborate hoax Ray, but if you're right, you have to admit that spending 2m (so far) is an impressive committment by the Big Man in order to pull-the-wool over the fans' eyes.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 28-07-21 at 21:04.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLDS OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I've never moaned about living close to a major football ground because I'm not stupid enough to buy a house near one
    Exactly-Forest have been based at the City Ground since 1898, so it's a fair bet that the complaining resident moved to Lady Bay knowing that there was a Football Ground in the vicinity.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I wonder how Mr Angry of Lady Bay would have coped in the days of regular 40,000-plus attendances at the CG?
    Why doesnt he just go for a row during Forest home games? Silly old tart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Why doesn’t he just go for a row during Forest home games? Silly old tart

Too busy farting on Wayne's head for anything else obviously

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Why doesn’t he just go for a row during Forest home games? Silly old tart

Why doesn't the vice Chair of the Lady Bay Complaints Association buy a season ticket and go and watch the matches then he would barely notice the match day fans.

A. Trialist

Money talks. It’ll happen

I wonder how Mr Angry of Lady Bay would have coped in the days of regular 40,000-plus attendances at the CG?
    Not as many people came by car back then, or even owned one, so it wasn't as disruptive to people living nearby as it would be now. Even so, I've never had much time for people who move near a stadium and then complain about disruption on match days, unless it's crowd trouble which you wouldn't expect people to put up with.

Inequity & hypocrisy

If the complaint is about disruption on matchday, what does it have to do with the ground redevelopment? Whether the ground is redeveloped or not that will not change.

Matchday Squad

Did he have the same issues when Trent Bridge was developed

Ian Storey-Moore

As you also have to leave your address when commenting, I think it's safe to assume Mrs Lady Bay is miffed about fans using the curbs of Trent Boulevard and the surrounding streets as free parking on matchdays.

Ian Storey-Moore

For me, one of the perks of living in Lady Bay was the proximity to Trent Bridge, my youth was shaped around the cricket and Forest, its a special place to call home because of it, but some locals will never understand that the only reason Bridgford is special is because of these incredible global sporting arenas, steeped in history, soul and character...the traffic isn't even that bad down Trent Boulevard on Match Day...in fact the small queues of traffic going out to adbolton Lane are gone within 20 minutes and always adds to the banter and atmosphere after a match...of course there are some folk who just want a mundane life where nothing upsets their flat existence.

This jumped up committee tod is probably the same joke of a human who would complain about a coop being built or new bus shelters installed

I still have the absolute pleasure of walking to the ground via a couple of pints at the Poppy, as my Dad still lives in the area, the floodlights through the mist and the buzz of the ground when you approach Radcliffe Road, then post match the fish and chips on Trent Boulevard and exchanges with the Forest old boys who saw the glory days... its a tradition that many who support clubs with flat pack out of town arenas will never be able to experience...shaggers I'm looking at you.

Its these little things that make supporting Forest a unique and worthwhile pursuit, one which Committee Charlie will never have the pleasure to understand.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by TommyT; 29-07-21 at 08:56.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest_Grump View Post
    Not as many people came by car back then, or even owned one, so it wasn't as disruptive to people living nearby as it would be now. Even so, I've never had much time for people who move near a stadium and then complain about disruption on match days, unless it's crowd trouble which you wouldn't expect people to put up with.
    Its not disruptive to Lady Bay in the slightest, its a massive benefit and even the open minded non football fans who live there recognise that

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    For me, one of the perks of living in Lady Bay was the proximity to Trent Bridge, my youth was shaped around the cricket and Forest, its a special place to call home because of it, but some locals will never understand that the only reason Bridgford is special is because of these incredible global sporting arenas, steeped in history, soul and character...the traffic isn't even that bad down Trent Boulevard on Match Day...in fact the small queues of traffic going out to adbolton Lane are gone within 20 minutes and always adds to the banter and atmosphere after a match...of course there are some folk who just want a mundane life where nothing upsets their flat existence.

This jumped up committee tod is probably the same joke of a human who would complain about a coop being built or new bus shelters installed

I still have the absolute pleasure of walking to the ground via a couple of pints at the Poppy, as my Dad still lives in the area, the floodlights through the mist and the buzz of the ground when you approach Radcliffe Road, then post match the fish and chips on Trent Boulevard and exchanges with the Forest old boys who saw the glory days... its a tradition that many who support clubs with flat pack out of town arenas will never be able to experience...shaggers I'm looking at you.

Its these little things that make supporting Forest a unique and worthwhile pursuit, one which Committee Charlie will never have the pleasure to understand.

Summed up perfectly Tommy. The football and cricket are the reasons I would love to live there - just can't bloody afford it

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    As you also have to leave your address when commenting, I think it's safe to assume Mrs Lady Bay is miffed about fans using the curbs of Trent Boulevard and the surrounding streets as free parking on matchdays.
    Well that really isn't her issue as if there are no permit holders/residents only restrictions (and parking doesn't cause an obstruction) if a vehicle is taxed, insured, and MOT it can park anywhere on a public road.

And like the others, the football ground has been there for decades - even in its current form with the Trent End opening in the early 90s - so they have likely moved into the area with the ground there first. If you live near something which attracts any number of people let alone tens of thousands once or twice a week you have to expect some disruption.

Parking near the ground is a big issue though, clearly, as the club doesn't really have any. Not sure where you could park 40,000 cars if you did provide it, though it would probably be a fair amount less than that as away fans would probably come by coach, and a lot would walk or use public transport as they wanted some tins as well, and some would be families or others lift sharing, but it's still a lot of cars, the onstreet parking is the only real option aside from the odd place nearby which opens up their yards or something for matchday parking.

Ian Storey-Moore

Being an out of towner I used to use Holme Road religiously. Getting there early I'd find the same spot and ended up on greeting terms with the bloke living closest. He didn't have an issue at all with my parking there.

What was always a problem though was getting back out through the match day traffic. Since the Clifton South station opened I've parked up there and got the tram in for a short walk across The Meadows. A much less stressful trip in and out plus the added bonus of getting the Trents Bridge view in en route.

Ian Storey-Moore

I tend to park on one of the side streets by Asda in WB which usually means a swift get away back to Loughborough. Never had any issues with residents who seem to understand that part of the reason for the inflated price of their large Victorian terraced houses is because of the nearby sporting attractions. There's usually plenty of parking as long as you get there by around 2pm.

Viv Anderson

I'm gonna buy a house in Hounslow and then whinge like a bitch because the aeroplanes are noisy

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I'm gonna buy a house in Hounslow and then whinge like a bitch because the aeroplanes are noisy
    They've been doing that in Melbourne (Derbys) for the last 10 years. The Yuppies and the newbies.

Complaining about the planes and the noise from Donington race track. Why f***ing move there! F**k off back where you came from if you don't like it!

F**K 'em! That's what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    They've been doing that in Melbourne (Derbys) for the last 10 years. The Yuppies and the newbies.

Complaining about the planes and the noise from Donington race track. Why f***ing move there! F**k off back where you came from if you don't like it!

F**K 'em! That's what I say.
    I agree with you about racetracks, stadiums, that kind of venue which are only used intermittently. Airports are a bit different, and if an airport owner decides to, say, dramatically increase night-flights, that's an environmental and public health issue. If folk just wave that kind of stuff through without raising concerns and pressing for mitigation measures for example, they're just bending over for capitalism.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Googler View Post
    Did he have the same issues when Trent Bridge was developed
    If he did, he'll be beside himself when/if the proposed footbridge linking Trent Lane and Lady Bay is constructed, allowing all of us undesirables from Sneinton easier access on a matchday!

First Team

If he did, he'll be beside himself when/if the proposed footbridge linking Trent Lane and Lady Bay is constructed, allowing all of us undesirables from Sneinton easier access on a matchday!
    Silly.

Everyone knows we need a road bridge between Lady Bay and Gunthorpe. I'd say carrying the A52 north at Gamston to the A612 by the racecourse is the best line. Of course it should have a cycle path and footway too to cater for all transport.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Silly.
    You may consider my comment "silly", but the fact is that a lot of planning and funding work by the County Council has gone into the footbridge proposal, linking the Trent Basin development and West Bridgford.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 29-07-21 at 13:04.

First Team

You may consider my comment "silly", but the fact is that a lot of planning and funding work by the County Council has gone into the footbridge proposal, linking the Trent Basin development and West Bridgford.
    Nope, not your comment - the idea in general that we need another footbridge, no matter how far down the planning stage it is.

A footbridge between Sneinton and Lady Bay may well have a purpose, but it isn't going to unblock the traffic on Lady Bay Bridge during rush hour...

Viv Anderson

Nope, not your comment - the idea in general that we need another footbridge, no matter how far down the planning stage it is.

A footbridge between Sneinton and Lady Bay may well have a purpose, but it isn't going to unblock the traffic on Lady Bay Bridge during rush hour...
    The lack of sufficient road access across the river has been a problem for decades, so don't hold-your-breath in anticipation of a new road bridge during the next twenty-years at the earliest.

I was merely adding to the conversation regarding the angry bloke in Lady Bay objecting to the new Main Stand development.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 29-07-21 at 13:15.

Viv Anderson

Silly.

Everyone knows we need a road bridge between Lady Bay and Gunthorpe. I'd say carrying the A52 north at Gamston to the A612 by the racecourse is the best line. Of course it should have a cycle path and footway too to cater for all transport.
    They are building a lot of new places at Colwick, I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up soon.