Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default [BUPA] Ivan Toney

Good in the air, banging them in at Posh, 22.

On paper the ideal striker to add to the Grabban & Murphy mix. Gives us a different option, prob more suited to MON's style of play, won't expect to walk into the first team, and he'll start hitting his peak as Grabbans' career starts to tail off in a few years.

Thoughts?

Congo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Ivan Toney

I'd be very happy with him.

Good age, bit of experience for his young years. Can hold it up and win battles, but has a turn of pace too.

I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I'd be very happy with him.

Good age, bit of experience for his young years. Can hold it up and win battles, but has a turn of pace too.

I'm a fan.
    Pretty much my thoughts. Dare say a step up won't be the easiest, but now would be a great time to have him as a bench option whilst he adapts.

Be a great signing if we decided to go back towards that strategy, same as the Irish lad Curtis I mentioned last night on the transfer thread.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this lad a target for us?

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Are Posh friends with us at the moment?

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Good in the air, banging them in at Posh, 22.

On paper the ideal striker to add to the Grabban & Murphy mix. Gives us a different option, prob more suited to MON's style of play, won't expect to walk into the first team, and he'll start hitting his peak as Grabbans' career starts to tail off in a few years.

Thoughts?

Congo?
    Be very happy to see him here. In fact I think I suggested him a few weeks ago as a long-term replacement for Murphy. Has all the attributes to be a great 'target-man' style striker with the added bonus that he has decent feet and ...whisper this...quick thinking - unlike his at his previous clubs he's putting it all together now.

Posh would want an absolute wedge to part with him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this lad a target for us?
    Not that I know of. Just putting his name forward as someone who probably should be.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Be very happy to see him here. In fact I think I suggested him a few weeks ago as a long-term replacement for Murphy. Has all the attributes to be a great 'target-man' style striker with the added bonus that he has decent feet and ...whisper this...quick thinking - unlike his at his previous clubs he's putting it all together now.

Posh would want an absolute wedge to part with him though.
    If the club can invest 13m in Carva, then I'd like to see us at least consider this lad.

How on Earth do Peterborough keep churning out these class strikers?

Dwight Gayle, Assombolonga, Connor Washington, now this guy.

Not in Forest transfers, has he singed already?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    How on Earth do Peterborough keep churning out these class strikers?

Dwight Gayle, Assombolonga, Connor Washington, now this guy.
    They don't drop them so shite like Ansarifart can get a game instead.

Amazing how well you're own do when you actually nurture them instead of another club's players.

Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

Posh play the lottery game.

The numbers of failed strikers and players they've had in recent years is insane. I bet they have had an even bigger turnover than us, which is why they've flattered to deceive for years despite having a lot of quality pass through.

Made DMAC some money though.

Is he fit enough to lick Jack Marriott’s boots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

These are the type of players we should be looking at, not signing Journeyman dropping down the Leagues last Big Contract players, we need Hungry young players on the way up not down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiacre Red View Post
    These are the type of players we should be looking at, not signing Journeyman dropping down the Leagues last Big Contract players, we need Hungry young players on the way up not down.
    Think you've got to have a good balance between experienced players and good talented younger players to get out of this division.

I think mentality of incoming players is as important as anything, if you sign someone older or in their prime and they're either coming in for a last payday or they think they're bigger than the club and they're doing the manager a favour it's not likely to work. Equally if you sign a young player and they feel the weight of expectation straight away or they become a Billy big bollocks after the step up it's also likely to fail.

Rumoured to be in line for a 7m move to Preston. 14 goals in 20 games in L1 this season.

Shame we didn't try and grab him in Jan for 3-4m. Think he'd be ideal to take over from Grabs in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Rumoured to be in line for a 7m move to Preston. 14 goals in 20 games in L1 this season.

Shame we didn't try and grab him in Jan for 3-4m. Think he'd be ideal to take over from Grabs in a year or two.
    Who does Peterborough’s scouting? They always find strikers for piss all cash and turn a huge profit. Can we just sign them instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Who does Peterborough’s scouting? They always find strikers for piss all cash and turn a huge profit. Can we just sign them instead ?
    Here you go........

https://www.theposh.com/teams/official-scouts/

No chance them getting the gig with names like "England" & "Nottingham"

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Here you go........

https://www.theposh.com/teams/official-scouts/

No chance them getting the gig with names like "England" & "Nottingham"
    Get Ben and Kyle Nottingham here and January is sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They have certainly found a few gems.

But if you look at the numbers they sign every season, I think they probably even blow us out of the water for the amount of duds they sign too.

I do like Toney though, wanted him last season.

I can only imagine the meltdown on here if we radically changed policy to go down the lower and non-league route. As SSM comments above, the unearthed gems are far outweighed by lads who sadly can't make that step-up.

There are less than a handful of players in our modern history who have made it directly from non-league, Garry Birtles, Gary Crosby and Ian Woan being the obvious ones - although I'm more-than-happy for that number to be corrected.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 22-12-19 at 18:47.

there's definite gems out there in the lower league but toney isn't one of them. peterborough want 13m for the lad and with that kind of price tag, unless he can play like collymore, we shouldn't be looking at his direction

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I can only imagine the meltdown on here if we radically changed policy to go down the lower and non-league route. As SSM comments above, the unearthed gems are far outweighed by lads who sadly can't make that step-up.

There are less than a handful of players in our modern history who have made it directly from non-league, Garry Birtles, Gary Crosby and Ian Woan being the obvious ones - although I'm more-than-happy for that number to be corrected.
    A certain Roy Keane !

Quote Originally Posted by psycho3a View Post
    A certain Roy Keane !
    There’s a left back outside that wants a word as well

Peter Davenport as well - from wiki: "spotted by scouts from Nottingham Forest while playing for Cammell Laird in the West Cheshire league. Forest offered Cammell Laird a brand new football kit if they could sign Davenport, to which they reluctantly agreed"

Now that's value for money.