Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First Team

Default Re: [BUPA] Josh Maja

he actually hasn’t posted decent numbers anywhere, even at Sunderland on the face of it.

Perhaps a case of the Oli Burke’s?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by HBB View Post
    Source seems very reputable....
    He is.

Viv Anderson

Is he actually any good? I know he was ok for Sunderland but that was in League One.

4.5m's a bit ouchy.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    he actually hasn’t posted decent numbers anywhere, even at Sunderland on the face of it.

Perhaps a case of the Oli Burke’s?
    16 in league one as teenager is decent, no?

Matchday Squad

He scored 1 goal in 18 Championship matches so far, still somehow better than some of our strikers.....

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Bordeaux fans are not exactly sad at the prospect of his departure. And that's a polite understatement.
    We felt the same about Bouchalakis when he left here, yet he has gone on to be an important part of the Oly team. Players perform differently depending on circumstances. He may be unhappy in France, the style may not suit him, any number of reasons.

We should all know that a team not fussed about a player leaving means nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post
    He scored 1 goal in 18 Championship matches so far, still somehow better than some of our strikers.....
    Interestingly, Brereton's bagged 3 for the season already

First Team

He's not played much since leaving Sunderland but 31 goals & 8 assists in 5799 minutes of senior Football is decent going.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post
    Or we can view it as 3 goals scored in 15 prem games last season for a struggling Fulham side. (scored a couple on debut against Everton and looked decent)

He's still only 22, so has a lot more to offer.

We wrote Brerton off too early too didn't we!

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    He's not played much since leaving Sunderland but 31 goals & 8 assists in 5799 minutes of senior Football is decent going.
    Had an Injury in first season with Bordeaux which limited him to less than 10 games all season.

A. Trialist

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    Or we can view it as 3 goals scored in 15 prem games last season for a struggling Fulham side. (scored a couple on debut against Everton and looked decent)

He looked good at Sunderland and from the Fulham games I saw last year he looked a very good player. Potentially a very good signing

A. Trialist

So with this and the Paraguay kid we're splashing 9 million around? Interesting.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by apondaway View Post
    So with this and the Paraguay kid we're splashing 9 million around? Interesting.
    more like 5

Matchday Squad

We should make the money back on shirt sales and price per letter as his full name is Joshua Erowoli Orisunmihare Oluwaseun Maja

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by apondaway View Post
    £2m for Ojeda and £4.5m for Maja. Plus we are looking to add another winger as well, according to Paul Taylor.

I somehow doubt we've found £6.5m+ of FFP friendly money down the back of the sofa. Either we are selling someone or (IMO more likely) Maja's club or agent are using our name to drum up interest.

Formerly Gandalfthered

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I somehow doubt we've found £6.5m+ of FFP friendly money down the back of the sofa. Either we are selling someone or (IMO more likely) Maja's club or agent are using our name to drum up interest.
    Or the deals could be structured favourably, €4.5m over three years for example is a lot easier to account for. With a lot of players wages coming off, and crowds back, Forest could be in a much stronger position financially next year and the year after.

Viv Anderson

Offer accepted, heading over today to negotiate:

Ian Storey-Moore

This will be just under 4M in £. I can’t see this being paid up front and will probably have clauses all over the shop.

Matchday Squad

Surely, his name, its just a big joke isn't it?........

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    This will be just under 4M in £. I can’t see this being paid up front and will probably have clauses all over the shop.
    Don't forget fees are amortised now days as well, even if we do pay it at once (which I agree it wont be) it'll be spread over the length of the contract as far as the books are concerned.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Or the deals could be structured favourably, €4.5m over three years for example is a lot easier to account for. With a lot of players wages coming off, and crowds back, Forest could be in a much stronger position financially next year and the year after.
    Most deals are structured nowadays. Unfortunately for us, we'll still be paying instalments (and wages) for the likes of Jenkinson, Da Costa and Arter, so it's still unlikely we have much financial wiggle room without a sale.

I'd love to be wrong, but I really don't see this happening without a sale.

Viv Anderson

£2m for Ojeda and £4.5m for Maja. Plus we are looking to add another winger as well, according to Paul Taylor.

We have been bidding money for players all window.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post

He was about 17 when he was last playing in this division.

He got as many goals as Mitrovic last season in half as many games. He has been playing at a higher level than we have and still has a respectable goal record.

For me it is not even about his goal record, he is a very busy forward and offers things neither of our current 2 strikers do. It would be a good signing.

Ian Storey-Moore

Most deals are structured nowadays. Unfortunately for us, we'll still be paying instalments (and wages) for the likes of Jenkinson, Da Costa and Arter, so it's still unlikely we have much financial wiggle room without a sale.

I'd love to be wrong, but I really don't see this happening without a sale.
    I really think we will be fine. We’ve spent nothing so far this window and would of cut a good chunk off our wage budget during the summer with players leaving.

Spread the fee over a few years and we’re good to go, especially with all of the current bomb squads contract ending within 2 season.