Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Kieran Dowell

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama Gulf Coast via Grantham Lincs.
    Posts
    591

    Default Kieran Dowell

    Is he back in the fold at Everton?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Stuck in Ryan's shorts
    Posts
    5,225

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    What, the year 8s team?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    17,592

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Yes, been used a few times in pre-season. Has given a good account of himself by all accounts.

    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,791

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    I wish the lad well. Did decently enough for us.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,955

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Absolutely. Form trailed off towards the end but he has a bright future ahead of him.


  7. #6
    Sabri > CH
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,370

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Absolutely. Form trailed off towards the end but he has a bright future ahead of him.
    Think AK didnt really like him, idk.


  8. #7
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,248

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I wish the lad well. Did decently enough for us.
    You could see he has all the talent in the world. The lad has a huge future ahead if he carries on as he is.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    16,292

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Absolutely. Form trailed off towards the end but he has a bright future ahead of him.
    He was very up and down even early on in the season.

    He played some absolute belters but also had plenty of stinkers. Expected from a young player.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Stuck in Ryan's shorts
    Posts
    5,225

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    You could see he has all the talent in the world. The lad has a huge future ahead if he carries on as he is.
    Provided he puts on a few stone as he looks about 7 stone wet, so he's not going to get anywhere in a physical battle.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay.
    Posts
    12,912

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Thomas View Post
    Think AK didnt really like him, idk.
    It wasn't a case of Karanka not "liking him", he merely recognised that Dowell's first season of regular first-team football in a relentless, uncompromising league was (quite naturally) catching up with him.


  12. #11
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    40,767

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    You could see he has all the talent in the world. The lad has a huge future ahead if he carries on as he is.
    Agree with this. When I think back to last season, he was the outstanding player.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,520

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Everton have such a bloated squad at the moment.

    They've already paid for the Koeman & Allardyce tenure with Lookman wanting to leave and return to Leipzig.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,616

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    He seemed eager to play and to learn with us. If he continues with this attitude, he'll be alright.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Everton have such a bloated squad at the moment.

    They've already paid for the Koeman & Allardyce tenure with Lookman wanting to leave and return to Leipzig.
    Yeah they do. They've been looking for a successor to Baines at left back and seem not quite ready to give Antonee Robinson his chance. He's one I had hoped we might be in for this summer. Loads of talent and definitely one for the future.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    26,840

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It wasn't a case of Karanka not "liking him", he merely recognised that Dowell's first season of regular first-team football in a relentless, uncompromising league was (quite naturally) catching up with him.
    Not really. Dowell got better towards the latter stages of 2017 and certainly wasn't going through a rough patch of form like McKay.

    He clearly didn't think he was up to the job, that's why he barely played again for the rest of the season. That's also why Smith, Worrall and now seemingly Cash are down the pecking order too, because Karanka thinks he has better.

    Let's not sugar coat it with anything else. Let's just hope Karankas judgement is the correct one.


    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,772

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Dowell started most of Karanka's early games and wasn't very good (although playing slightly wider). Tomlin & Lolley then signed, so he featured less.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    26,840

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Dowell started most of Karanka's early games and wasn't very good (although playing slightly wider). Tomlin & Lolley then signed, so he featured less.
    A number of players weren't very good in the early Karanka era.

    The solution seemingly was to use a bucket tonne of money to replace everyone.

    Let's hope we don't need to resort to such extreme measures again at any point in the near future because in that scenario we'd won't be able to.

    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,520

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    I know you can't read into pre-season results but I think players are always trying to impress managers.

    Everton have been thumped every game almost. Silva has a massive job to do.

    Reading some stuff on Dowell. It seems like his and every player of theirs has been shit.

    I hope when we get to the Prem we don't forget to enjoy the small things as a club.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,772

    Default Re: Kieran Dowell

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    A number of players weren't very good in the early Karanka era.

    The solution seemingly was to use a bucket tonne of money to replace everyone.

    Let's hope we don't need to resort to such extreme measures again at any point in the near future because in that scenario we'd won't be able to.

    I wouldn't class replacing poorly performing players as 'extreme'.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •