Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 289 of 294 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 7340

Thread: Joo Carvalho

They see me trollin'

Default Re: Joo Carvalho

This thread epitomises the need for even the hope of attacking football. We aren't asking alot, or are we?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This thread epitomises the need for even the hope of attacking football. We aren't asking alot, or are we?
    I would say (with the greatest respect) that perhaps a more accurate summary would be that the majority of fans are desperate for winning football first ahead of attacking flair per se. Of course we have to score more goals to make that happen but personally I'd be happy with a solid looking side, that knows its self both defensively and has a clear idea of how it is going to try and score goals. That will build confidence both in the team and the fans and confidence of course will hopefully lead to a period of stability...

It's all about mid-table...

At the end of the day folks YOU KNOW we're getting neither.

We are entrenched in mediocrity.

I know it, you know it, the agents know it (the most important).

FORGIVE.

Last edited by Raymondo Ponte'; 12-06-21 at 20:13.

oopsy daisy!

This thread epitomises the need for even the hope of attacking football.
    What's that?

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    What's that?
    Something other teams do.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

<<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con pi calore e correre pi veloci doman>>

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Something other teams do.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    They do it better than we do. In fact, we did attack teams an awful lot last season. We were just ultimately shit at the final hurdle, Grabban, Taylor and Murray must have been three of the most chance-starved strikers in the division last season.

Even in the early days under Lamouchi when we lost every week, the matches often followed the pattern of a team getting an early goal, then us spending the rest of the game throwing successively the sink, kitchen and house at them unsuccessfully.

It'd be interesting to see how many crosses our wingers and full backs put into the box last season and how many shots we had from range simply out of desperation.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I really hope fans temper expectations with him. 0 goals and a club not wanting to buy him, hardly screams "star player"

Even if Hoots gets something out of him, I doubt it will be Championship-dominating.

"Enjoyable bonus player" are my expectations. I'll settle for that.
    Can I interest you in videos of Carvalho running games in a Forest shirt in his first season?

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Can I interest you in videos of Carvalho running games in a Forest shirt in his first season?
    Go on then, lets have a look at the videos of him doing that.

Would be stronger evidence than that video of him doing 8 minutes of turns and dragbacks in the middle of the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Go on then, lets have a look at the videos of him doing that.

Would be stronger evidence than that video of him doing 8 minutes of turns and dragbacks in the middle of the pitch.

This is one:

https://youtu.be/DxMpy5D3Oo8

Its not a highlights reel so youll have to look out for what hes doing. But watch the space hes creating with his runs off the ball, the passes into Lolley and Cash making opportunities for them to attack their full backs.

Nigel Clough

Default Joo Carvalho

Its not a highlights reel.
    Title is extended highlights

First Team

Default Joo Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Title is extended highlights

For Carvalho I meant. The full match replay is on YouTube also if youd prefer

This is one:

https://youtu.be/DxMpy5D3Oo8

Its not a highlights reel so youll have to look out for what hes doing. But watch the space hes creating with his runs off the ball, the passes into Lolley and Cash making opportunities for them to attack their full backs.
    Good video Matt. I'm glad you posted that as it definitely shows examples of what he's good at. But to me it also highlights how dependent his game is on circumstance too.

The thing I take away from that vid is that Carvalho is suited to a counterattacking team with plenty of movement, and which hits teams so quickly that they barely have time to put a tackle in on him.

I don't think that's gonna be Hughton's week-in, week-out MO.

That's not saying I don't think the kid has any value, but he isn't a player to impose himself on the opposition regardless of circumstance.

And the biggest thing which stands out from that vid is a reminder of how much of a fucking gimp Figs can be at times

I truly, genuinely hope and prey he gives you and us all enough to lift the side this year. I really like the kid, but I just don't buy into the hype that he's someone you should build a team around or undroppable, as many claimed in the past.

If Andy Reid was Indian Jones - a brilliant all-round one-off masterclass with everything needed for success, Carva would be Short Round - a likeable kid who's a handy option to have with a few fancy trick, but you wouldn't bet your sankara stones on him.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 13-06-21 at 09:40.

Viv Anderson

That was never a red card though, the ball got toe ended away from a clumsy challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    That was never a red card though, the ball got toe ended away from a clumsy challenge.
    Yeah, it just reminded me of Figs' general cursed nature

First Team

Whilst I agree that game was a counter attacking joy to watch, there were others that season when we looked good in possession.

Personally, however, I think having Colback and Watson as CDMs was the reason we looked pedestrian when building play from the back. Neither of those really showcased the passing ability or movement to allow Carvalho space in and around the opposite box when trying to break teams down. Having someone like Garner as well as Cafu/Yates/Fornah making runs around him and/or playing incisive passes to forward players would mean Carvalho gets more room to work in.

My earlier comment was saying how when he had bad games it usually, to me at least in the stadium, looked like teams would pin either our CDMs or our wingers back giving Joao no option to play. We did the same to Derby last season w Rooney - we didnt need to mark him out the game, we just needed to make sure he had no one to pass to.

I believe in the system Hughton plays, Carvalho can offer the same defensive output as Krovinovic did whilst offering a much higher attacking output both in goal threat and assists - because he has an 8 and a CDM with passing range behind him.

Matchday Squad

Matt-I think we have got your drift-you really like Carvalho. Thats fine, I dont think anyones denying hes got skill and technique. The fact is were way beyond videos and the like in judging this kid-he has to do it on the pitch now and by that I think we all would agree not just looking pretty but consistently making contributions that lead to us winning games. If he does that I think even his critics will get behind him.
    The good news is hes back and will have a full preseason, largely behind closed doors to work with the coaching staff so there can be no confusion in terms of what were trying to do and our approach in the pitch. I think we all hope it works out for him and by extension the club whove invested mind blowing amounts of money on a player that despite 3 seasons frustratingly hasnt nailed it down

Viv Anderson

If anybody ever wonders why I chunter on so much on topics which are alien to thread titles, I think this thread epitomises why I have those random thoughts.

You would think that a player who has not had that much of an impact at NFFC would not need 289 pages exploring his abilities and failings. You might think we've explored every point sevenfold.

So I get a bit bored. Sorry if anyone thinks they have made a killer point and won the argument, I don't think you have.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    If anybody ever wonders why I chunter on so much on topics which are alien to thread titles, I think this thread epitomises why I have those random thoughts.

You would think that a player who has not had that much of an impact at NFFC would not need 289 pages exploring his abilities and failings. You might think we've explored every point sevenfold.

So I get a bit bored. Sorry if anyone thinks they have made a killer point and won the argument, I don't think you have.
    I have some videos for you to watch Richard

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post

46,000 per page..

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    46,000 per page..
    Boring.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    I would say (with the greatest respect) that perhaps a more accurate summary would be that the majority of fans are desperate for winning football first ahead of attacking flair per se. Of course we have to score more goals to make that happen but personally I'd be happy with a solid looking side, that knows its self both defensively and has a clear idea of how it is going to try and score goals. That will build confidence both in the team and the fans and confidence of course will hopefully lead to a period of stability...
    I haven't playing FM for quite some time as it pisses me off, but surely to win a football match would require an attack at some point? The whole point is the game is a spectacle, people put up with Sabris hard fought boringness because they thought it was a springboard to maybe something more. It wasn't.

And honestly, maybe i'm in the minority but if Forest just went for the throat, and still lost...it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. This shutting up shop and hoping one of our clearances makes into their net is draining. I'm exaggerating i know but we're crying out for a little excitement, not always results.

I know i'm clutching at straws ere but do you think carvalho could play that phil foden, Jack grealish type of role, wide in a 433..

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    I know i'm clutching at straws ere but do you think carvalho could play that phil foden, Jack grealish type of role, wide in a 433..
    No

Matchday Squad

And honestly, maybe i'm in the minority but if Forest just went for the throat, and still lost...it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    It would if we lost 30 games as a result and were relegated....

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    It would if we lost 30 games as a result and were relegated....
    maybe I'm exaggerating i know but we're crying out for a little excitement, not always results.
    Deliberately ignore some of my point?

Considering our defensive solidarity last season is that realistic? It's not a stretch to change SOME of our focus to attacking instead camping in our own half?