Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 294 of 308 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 7692

Thread: Joo Carvalho

Matchday Squad

Default Re: Joo Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Im always ambivalent about him because he has so much talent but not sure if it's really suited to this division or indeed if we could even use him right or have done.

His price tag isn't his fault though and he's a young lad so we shouldn't really hold that against him.

Hughton knows his stuff so if anyone can get a tune out of him, it's probably him.
    Same for me Statto, although he had a chance in a nice, slow technical division last year-and they didn't't take up the option on him, so you begin to wonder what. is the division he's suited to?.
    As I've said, I think the problem is in his head, its not as simple as "manning up" but he's got to impose himself on games more-sometimes its something as simple a tackle that sparks a good player in a match or a tracking run that stops an opposition play. He should take a look at a few YouTube clips of Nigel, who was his peer (easily) in terms of the use of the ball, vision and passing but was as tough as teak and didn't get knocked out of games or have the day off because it got tough....
    If he can't add a bit of that then I fear he's done in England and its then a very long way back for him even elsewhere....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Same for me Statto, although he had a chance in a nice, slow technical division last year-and they didn't't take up the option on him, so you begin to wonder what. is the division he's suited to?.
    As I've said, I think the problem is in his head, its not as simple as "manning up" but he's got to impose himself on games more-sometimes its something as simple a tackle that sparks a good player in a match or a tracking run that stops an opposition play. He should take a look at a few YouTube clips of Nigel, who was his peer (easily) in terms of the use of the ball, vision and passing but was as tough as teak and didn't get knocked out of games or have the day off because it got tough....
    If he can't add a bit of that then I fear he's done in England and its then a very long way back for him even elsewhere....
    Carvalho is so frustrating, you can see there's a quality player in there. I don't know if it's style of lge, money, home sick or hungry enough..
    Today's players get there arse wiped & everything handed on a plate unlike players from nigel's era...

Viv Anderson

He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ian Storey-Moore

Me personally I think he does a lot more for the team then he gets credit for. I would like him to be rested for the next match as he has played all friendlies at the moment, just so we can try and assess what he does for the team.

We are only playing friendlies but we do seem to be scoring with a lot more ease and from around the team compared to last season. Krovanovic and Knockaert were a lot more busy and the total opposite of disinterested or lazy but couldn't provide many assists or score between them, not saying all the positives are down to him, not by a long shot but would be nice to see him rested so we can figure out where we are in terms of progress

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.
    Or that we don't have the midfield numbers to choose anyone else?

I think Hughton will give Carvalho the opportunity to impress given that without him we'll be needing to sign a #10, but I wouldn't necessarily assume minutes in pre-season = he's definitely in Hughton's plans.

Maybe, but not guaranteed yet.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    You sound as if you're spaced out, Rocka.
    I feel cosmic.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

I think Hughton will give Carvalho the opportunity to impress given that without him we'll be needing to sign a #10, but I wouldn't necessarily assume minutes in pre-season = he's definitely in Hughton's plans.

It'll be interesting if we sign Flemming, he seems more of a goalscoring 10/8, same with Johnson: more of a goalscoring 10/ winger. Would leave Carvalho as the playmaker option in that position, if we don't sign someone who can playmake from deeper he'll have to get a fair bit of football.

It's all about mid-table...

Hoots wont leave Yates out for Carvz.

Yates is going to be King.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Well hes clearly going to be given another go so lets see
    The proof will be in the pudding abd despite my concerns I hope to be proven wrong and wish him
    Well.

Ian Storey-Moore

Remember when Velios scored 5 in pre-season and we didn't see him play a game after that!

Viv Anderson

Well hes clearly going to be given another go so lets see
    The proof will be in the pudding abd despite my concerns I hope to be proven wrong and wish him
    Well.
    Nothing personal, but actually mate, you're wrong, because "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Nothing personal, but actually mate, you're wrong, because "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".
    Harry Arter ate all the pudding before Carvalho even got into the canteen for his breakfast.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    Remember when Velios scored 5 in pre-season and we didn't see him play a game after that!
    Yes,pre-season can be misleading.
    I remember playing poorly against Notts County in the County Cup 5 days before our Championship winning season
    started in 1977/8.

Matchday Squad

After last season's performance in Spain, I'm pretty sure we are stuck with Carvalho until his contract runs out. Unless some obscure team offers to take him on loan and pays a small percentage of his wages.

These things happen in football, there was promise of talent there 3 or 4 years ago.

Viv Anderson

Means very little tbh mate, could be trying to assess him to see his value in selling/playing etc.

It wouldn't be the first time a Forest player has played every preseason game to no get any game time in the real season.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

First Team

Cant wait for the highlights to come out

Viv Anderson

Near perfect return. What a boost it would be if he continues this form here onwards.

Grenville Morris

Quality never in doubt.

Confidence, consistency yes - but playing him in the right position, regularly, might help that.

Opportunity for him after tonight to lock a place a down.

Matchday Squad

Completely agree, no one, even his doubters would be upset if this guy starts to look the player we wanted, needed and paid for.....

I do think he's a lad that needs confidence to play well so this isn't a bad start for him.

First Team

Completely agree, no one, even his doubters would be upset if this guy starts to look the player we wanted, needed and paid for.....

I do think he's a lad that needs confidence to play well so this isn't a bad start for him.
    Oh no. His doubters will double down on their position that its just a purple patch/hes not contributing enough defensively/he goes missing in games. Just you wait. Im sure theres someone whos gonna say that the guy whos just run the game in a team of academy grads that have never played together has found his level and cant do it in the championship, and when he does theyll give the above reasons why he isnt good enough.

Hence why I like to bring out the actual. video. evidence. of him being a generational talent.

Tbf, he could have done better for the goal we conceeded.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 11-08-21 at 22:05.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Tbf, he could have done better for the goal we conceeded.

He could, and should, have scored a hat trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post