Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 294 of 308 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 7692

Thread: Joo Carvalho

      
  1. #7326
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Im always ambivalent about him because he has so much talent but not sure if it's really suited to this division or indeed if we could even use him right or have done.

    His price tag isn't his fault though and he's a young lad so we shouldn't really hold that against him.

    Hughton knows his stuff so if anyone can get a tune out of him, it's probably him.
    Same for me Statto, although he had a chance in a nice, slow technical division last year-and they didn't't take up the option on him, so you begin to wonder what. is the division he's suited to?.
    As I've said, I think the problem is in his head, its not as simple as "manning up" but he's got to impose himself on games more-sometimes its something as simple a tackle that sparks a good player in a match or a tracking run that stops an opposition play. He should take a look at a few YouTube clips of Nigel, who was his peer (easily) in terms of the use of the ball, vision and passing but was as tough as teak and didn't get knocked out of games or have the day off because it got tough....
    If he can't add a bit of that then I fear he's done in England and its then a very long way back for him even elsewhere....


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #7327

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Same for me Statto, although he had a chance in a nice, slow technical division last year-and they didn't't take up the option on him, so you begin to wonder what. is the division he's suited to?.
    As I've said, I think the problem is in his head, its not as simple as "manning up" but he's got to impose himself on games more-sometimes its something as simple a tackle that sparks a good player in a match or a tracking run that stops an opposition play. He should take a look at a few YouTube clips of Nigel, who was his peer (easily) in terms of the use of the ball, vision and passing but was as tough as teak and didn't get knocked out of games or have the day off because it got tough....
    If he can't add a bit of that then I fear he's done in England and its then a very long way back for him even elsewhere....
    Carvalho is so frustrating, you can see there's a quality player in there. I don't know if it's style of lge, money, home sick or hungry enough..
    Today's players get there arse wiped & everything handed on a plate unlike players from nigel's era...


  4. #7328
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,626

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  5. #7329
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Me personally I think he does a lot more for the team then he gets credit for. I would like him to be rested for the next match as he has played all friendlies at the moment, just so we can try and assess what he does for the team.

    We are only playing friendlies but we do seem to be scoring with a lot more ease and from around the team compared to last season. Krovanovic and Knockaert were a lot more busy and the total opposite of disinterested or lazy but couldn't provide many assists or score between them, not saying all the positives are down to him, not by a long shot but would be nice to see him rested so we can figure out where we are in terms of progress


  6. #7330
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,903

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.
    Or that we don't have the midfield numbers to choose anyone else?

    I think Hughton will give Carvalho the opportunity to impress given that without him we'll be needing to sign a #10, but I wouldn't necessarily assume minutes in pre-season = he's definitely in Hughton's plans.

    Maybe, but not guaranteed yet.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  7. #7331
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    23,041

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    You sound as if you're spaced out, Rocka.
    I feel cosmic.


  8. #7332
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,503

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Or that we don't have the midfield numbers to choose anyone else?

    I think Hughton will give Carvalho the opportunity to impress given that without him we'll be needing to sign a #10, but I wouldn't necessarily assume minutes in pre-season = he's definitely in Hughton's plans.

    Maybe, but not guaranteed yet.
    It'll be interesting if we sign Flemming, he seems more of a goalscoring 10/8, same with Johnson: more of a goalscoring 10/ winger. Would leave Carvalho as the playmaker option in that position, if we don't sign someone who can playmake from deeper he'll have to get a fair bit of football.


  9. #7333
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    20,834

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Hoots wont leave Yates out for Carvz.

    Yates is going to be King.


  10. #7334
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Or that we don't have the midfield numbers to choose anyone else?

    I think Hughton will give Carvalho the opportunity to impress given that without him we'll be needing to sign a #10, but I wouldn't necessarily assume minutes in pre-season = he's definitely in Hughton's plans.

    Maybe, but not guaranteed yet.
    Well hes clearly going to be given another go so lets see
    The proof will be in the pudding abd despite my concerns I hope to be proven wrong and wish him
    Well.


  11. #7335
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Remember when Velios scored 5 in pre-season and we didn't see him play a game after that!


  12. #7336
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,594

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Well hes clearly going to be given another go so lets see
    The proof will be in the pudding abd despite my concerns I hope to be proven wrong and wish him
    Well.
    Nothing personal, but actually mate, you're wrong, because "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".


  13. #7337
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,393

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Nothing personal, but actually mate, you're wrong, because "the proof of the pudding is in the eating".
    Harry Arter ate all the pudding before Carvalho even got into the canteen for his breakfast.


  14. #7338
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    Remember when Velios scored 5 in pre-season and we didn't see him play a game after that!
    Yes,pre-season can be misleading.
    I remember playing poorly against Notts County in the County Cup 5 days before our Championship winning season
    started in 1977/8.


  15. #7339
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada/Mexico
    Posts
    632

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    After last season's performance in Spain, I'm pretty sure we are stuck with Carvalho until his contract runs out. Unless some obscure team offers to take him on loan and pays a small percentage of his wages.

    These things happen in football, there was promise of talent there 3 or 4 years ago.


  16. #7340
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,177

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    He's started every pre-season game so far, hasn't he? You have to assume that means he's in the manager's plans.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Means very little tbh mate, could be trying to assess him to see his value in selling/playing etc.

    It wouldn't be the first time a Forest player has played every preseason game to no get any game time in the real season.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk


  17. #7341
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Cant wait for the highlights to come out


  18. #7342
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,503

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho




  19. #7343

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Near perfect return. What a boost it would be if he continues this form here onwards.


  20. #7344
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,903

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quality never in doubt.

    Confidence, consistency yes - but playing him in the right position, regularly, might help that.

    Opportunity for him after tonight to lock a place a down.


  21. #7345
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,340

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Completely agree, no one, even his doubters would be upset if this guy starts to look the player we wanted, needed and paid for.....

    I do think he's a lad that needs confidence to play well so this isn't a bad start for him.


  22. #7346
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Completely agree, no one, even his doubters would be upset if this guy starts to look the player we wanted, needed and paid for.....

    I do think he's a lad that needs confidence to play well so this isn't a bad start for him.
    Oh no. His doubters will double down on their position that its just a purple patch/hes not contributing enough defensively/he goes missing in games. Just you wait. Im sure theres someone whos gonna say that the guy whos just run the game in a team of academy grads that have never played together has found his level and cant do it in the championship, and when he does theyll give the above reasons why he isnt good enough.

    Hence why I like to bring out the actual. video. evidence. of him being a generational talent.


  23. #7347

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Tbf, he could have done better for the goal we conceeded.










    Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 11-08-21 at 22:05.

  24. #7348
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Tbf, he could have done better for the goal we conceeded.








    He could, and should, have scored a hat trick!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  25. #7349

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post
    He could, and should, have scored a hat trick!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk



  26. #7350
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: Joo Carvalho

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post
    He could, and should, have scored a hat trick!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk



 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •