Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 313 of 326 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 8136

Thread: Joo Carvalho

Default Re: Joo Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Lolley still gets a starting place. He's produced nothing so far this season.
    And Carvalho still can't replace him.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

I surprised that there is even a discussion about GKs on the bench now that we have seven subs. Given that you can only use three of them and most players that make the bench are therefore not used, why not?

How many of us take out insurance, but never use it?

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    And Carvalho still can't replace him.
    Must mean he's really gone downhill then, 'cos the Carvalho who played half a season under Karanka was a far superior player to what Lolley currently is. Although playing slightly different positions, it must be said.

Maybe I should post this n the Lolley thread but I am completely amazed by the number of chances he's getting, it's a very long while since he did anything positive with the ball, his work rate cannot be criticised but his positive output is appalling these days. Even his one through ball on Tuesday to Taylor was overhit meaning the striker was forced wide onto his lesser foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Must mean he's really gone downhill then, 'cos the Carvalho who played half a season under Karanka was a far superior player to what Lolley currently is. Although playing slightly different positions, it must be said.

Maybe I should post this n the Lolley thread but I am completely amazed by the number of chances he's getting, it's a very long while since he did anything positive with the ball, his work rate cannot be criticised but his positive output is appalling these days. Even his one through ball on Tuesday to Taylor was overhit meaning the striker was forced wide onto his lesser foot.
    But the Lolley that played under Karanka and Lamouchi was far superior than Carvalho has ever been.

Neither look like making a miraculous come-back any time soon. But at a quick glance (stand to be corret if wrong) one's got 24 league goals for us in Lolley, those other 5 league goals for us in Carvalho. So if you're gonna give on a chance, then I can see why it's the one who's got nearly 5 times as many goals as the other.

I'm disappointed neither looks like being able to contribute to a playoff push when we're ready for one. Hopefully Murphy's clocked this and is already looking at other players so we don't have to rely on either. Lolley I'll always like for what he has given us, and a snip at 500k. If Carvalho leaves without improvement he'll be the worst value signing we've ever made.

But there is still time for both.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I surprised that there is even a discussion about GKs on the bench now that we have seven subs. Given that you can only use three of them and most players that make the bench are therefore not used, why not?

How many of us take out insurance, but never use it?
    I have to also admit it was much better last season when you could use 5 subs not 3. Being able to name 7 subs and only use 3 means you can't even use half your subs.

That includes his loan spell. Here's the stats to FB ref.....

https://fbref.com/en/players/36b76751/Joao-Carvalho

So, provided I've done my sums right, that's 493 minutes after the QPR goal in the same season. 1,817 minutes with Almeria the following season. And 150 minutes this season.

So 2,460 minutes since he last scored a league goal. That's 27.3 full games played.

So it's a total myth that he's not had any game time. The reason people think he hasn't is because he's been so anonymous when he's played.

Who knows, Carvalho might still come good. But the myths that he's not had the chance to do better is false.
    Context ways helps though or you end up voting Boris Johnson into power.

7 minutes against Bournemouth, 26 minutes against Blackburn, 71 minutes at Stoke away, and a half against Derby where he was no way the worst Forest player on the pitch, doesn't really give him much chance especially when we were in the middle of our worst ever start to a season and we had a manager who was afraid of his own shadow.
    At Almeira he played more in central midfield by all accounts. None of us got to see him play so its hard to make a judgement.
    And Sabri didn't play with a 10 so stuck him on the wing when our wingers were expected to run with the ball at pace, not exactly his game.

So yes he has been a let down, but there needs to be context to it. What a truly Forest thing to do in signing a highly promising youngster for a record fee and the doing everything we can to stall his development.

I might be in a minority but I think he's got lots to offer still, I just don't think he'll ever get the chance with us now.

Wally Ardron

But the Lolley that played under Karanka and Lamouchi was far superior than Carvalho has ever been. ..........

But there is still time for both.
    Lolley's fall you can put down to his injury. Not sure what happened to Carv, maybe he was never "that" good in the first place, though I struggle to believe that having seen some of the stuff he was capable of. We all know the fee was a joke.

I doubt either will get back to that half season under Karanka, where for two months we scored goals and looked truly threatening. Lolley has looked mainly rubbish since lockdown yet has had many, may chances. At what point do you just give up? Going on your theory we'd be playing Harewood and Johnson because they once scored goals? Hey, let's get Robbo back, he'd create more than Lolley does!

First Team

Lolley has looked a lot better recently, but still hasn't created much, I think he lacks the confidence he once had to take his man on. Maybe that's partially physical but I can't think his injury (which is made worse by running) has helped.

Ian Storey-Moore

Be nice to see Carvalho just once more before his 50th birthdayjust in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    I have to also admit it was much better last season when you could use 5 subs not 3.
    Nope. That gave yet another advantage to the richer clubs, who can afford quality in depth that other clubs cannot.

Glad it went back to 3.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Grenville Morris

Someone link the highlights

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    Someone link the highlights
    Highlights of Joo Carvalho's Nottingham Forest career 2020-2021 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guf_FTQvjYA

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Context ways helps though or you end up voting Boris Johnson into power.

7 minutes against Bournemouth, 26 minutes against Blackburn, 71 minutes at Stoke away, and a half against Derby where he was no way the worst Forest player on the pitch, doesn't really give him much chance especially when we were in the middle of our worst ever start to a season and we had a manager who was afraid of his own shadow.
    At Almeira he played more in central midfield by all accounts. None of us got to see him play so its hard to make a judgement.
    And Sabri didn't play with a 10 so stuck him on the wing when our wingers were expected to run with the ball at pace, not exactly his game.

So yes he has been a let down, but there needs to be context to it. What a truly Forest thing to do in signing a highly promising youngster for a record fee and the doing everything we can to stall his development.

I might be in a minority but I think he's got lots to offer still, I just don't think he'll ever get the chance with us now.
    I have taken the context you've suggested into consideration, and to me a better player scores at least occasionally in those 20 minutes they're given. Grabban's done it many times. As did McGugan etc.

IMO it's just one of many excuses for Carvalho's utter failure to make any significant impact at the club. Whilst ever he's at the club I won't write him off, but it's been 2.5 years of excuses out of 3. So I'm not holding my breath.

He's definitely nearer being the worst value signing we've ever made than being a top 6 player at this time.

And I wonder what we did to stifle his ability to score at Almeria? Was that MON's fault too? The club needs to stop copping the blame for Carvalho's own failings. If Lewis McGugan can hit 40 odd goals in 7 years for us and be chastized for his "lazyness" and deemed "not good enough" without the club copping any blame, then I'm not sure why folk expect Carvalho's 5 goals in 3.5 years to shield him from criticism.

This is not a situation of our making, it is one born out of a player who just isn't that good, and who - as of yet - hasn't worked on himself enough to up his game to an acceptable level. If he had, he's be playing every week, and I trust Cooper's judgement more than the people who thought they knew football better than MON.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 26-11-21 at 10:42.

Ian Storey-Moore

Comparing carvalho with lolley is pointless as one a winger that likes to run at players and the other likes to control the ball and create space. If we have 3 at the and play with 2 attacking midfielders behind grabs then we are expecting those to miss to run at them, carvs would be ineffective in that line up.

When we play the 4231, carvs in the middle of those 3 attacking mids would be ideal, zinck has also been lacking when we have tried to play him as the 10 role.

Ian Storey-Moore

If Carv plays it has to be central. He had numerous punts out on the wing over the past few seasons and was completely lost.

His best work has been picking a pass that no-one else would have seen. I would have Zinkers out wide instead of Lolley and Carv in behind Grabbs.

If he can't get into his groove under Cooper then it's never going to happen here for him.

Grenville Morris

Please Cooper.

Wally Ardron

He ain't exactly been mister consistent but to not get a look in when zinc and lolley are getting minutes is just wrong

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Just announced that he has changed agent.

Leaning towards him helping to find him a good transfer unlike Mendes seemed to do.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    An agent who has a working relationship with Olympiakos by any chance?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Not sure Otis but this is the agency : https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seg-...ma/berater/586

Strong Dutch link.

Also look after Nuno Da Costa

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/seg-spo...ma/berater/586

They have a big ass list of players.... with none from oly I think.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtits View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/seg-spo...ma/berater/586

They have a big ass list of players.... with none from oly I think.
    Only a former player (El Fardou Ben), but they do a lot of business with other Greek teams. They're a big company, mostly focused on the Netherlands and Belgium, and they were recently joined by Pep Guardiola's brother (and agent).

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    He ain't exactly been mister consistent but to not get a look in when zinc and lolley are getting minutes is just wrong

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Why?. Zink isn’t a word beater but he’s an able technical player who influence’s games. For me he’s better out wide but when put in the centre he just gets on with it, try’s hard and pops up with goals. Lolley is a totally different kettle of fish to Carv. He’s a cut inside wide player and for me he’s miles ahead of Carvalho in terms of real output.
    I honestly can’t see why anyone thinks it’s “wrong” for them to be on the pitch instead of the Portuguese lad. They influence games, his record looks more like Matty Fryatts

Viv Anderson

Not sure Otis but this is the agency : https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/seg-...ma/berater/586

Strong Dutch link.

Also look after Nuno Da Costa
    Cheers for supplying that info Bryan.

The reason I made the comment I did was because of the stories that relationships between Jorge Mendes and EM had broken down, presumably impacting any potential move to Oly?

Ale ape.

Leaning towards him helping to find him a good transfer unlike Mendes seemed to do.
    Lets be honest, Mendes clearly forgot he existed. Too many other clients to focus on, that would bring him more money at this stage.