Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 380 of 381 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381 LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 9523
  1. #9476
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,092

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Have Birmingham ever slipped down into the third tier? Guessing they must have at some point
    Yeah they were in division 3 when i was a kid. Early 90s?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #9477
    Shoot to Thrill
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,469

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Yeah they were in division 3 when i was a kid. Early 90s?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah just checked Wikipedia. They were in Div 3 for a three seasons 89-92


  4. #9478
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,988

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Have Birmingham ever slipped down into the third tier? Guessing they must have at some point
    I believe they have, but I don't remember when exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    They couldn't really have picked a worse manager for a low-budget rebuild could they?

    Someone told me that only Wendies have a higher average age of players than Brum in the Champ too (both av ages being 29 y/o, but Wendies being .something higher)
    When they appointed AK I assumed that he would have been given a big chunk of the Bellingham money. I don't think AK is a bad manager, but yes appointing someone like him when they are running the club on a shoestring is a bizarre decision.


  5. #9479
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Yeah they were in division 3 when i was a kid. Early 90s?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remember having a soft spot for them when I was growing up when they got to the semi's of the league cup. They were crap then (I think in 3rd division) and it would have been mid 90's.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  6. #9480
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,092

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I remember having a soft spot for them when I was growing up when they got to the semi's of the league cup. They were crap then (I think in 3rd division) and it would have been mid 90's.
    I’m the opposite. I can’t stand them and never have been able to. Not really based on much....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #9481
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Stuck in Ryan's shorts
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Yeah they were in division 3 when i was a kid. Early 90s?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was about the time we were in there, think they got relegated from then Div1 the year we went up, 93/4, and went straight back up. They had Barry Fry back then.


  8. #9482
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,004

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    When we won the cup in 1959, we needed three games against Birmingham to progress. How times change.


  9. #9483
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    12,577

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I’m the opposite. I can’t stand them and never have been able to. Not really based on much....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They gave us Trevor Francis and Kenny Burns (in return for money) which turned out ok from our perspective. Have they ever sold us any duds?


  10. #9484
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,668

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    They gave us Trevor Francis and Kenny Burns (in return for money) which turned out ok from our perspective. Have they ever sold us any duds?
    Didn't Chris Burke come from them? (For what it's worth I didn't think he was that bad)

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  11. #9485
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    19,068

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Didn't Chris Burke come from them? (For what it's worth I didn't think he was that bad)

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Good call.


  12. #9486
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,668

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Good call.
    He scored a couple of decent goals like Robert Tesche, forest could really do with a couple of players capable of a screamer now, they were deemed as shit players by a lot of people.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  13. #9487
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    19,068

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    He scored a couple of decent goals like Robert Tesche, forest could really do with a couple of players capable of a screamer now, they were deemed as shit players by a lot of people.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Aye... I liked Burke.


  14. #9488
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,668

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye... I liked Burke.
    He did a lot more as a ginger midfielder than the current ginger that's spent most games sat at home working out how to get the forest commentary on iFollow.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  15. #9489
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,187

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    He scored a couple of decent goals like Robert Tesche, forest could really do with a couple of players capable of a screamer now, they were deemed as shit players by a lot of people.
    Mainly because they were.


  16. #9490

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    He did a lot more as a ginger midfielder than the current ginger that's spent most games sat at home working out how to get the forest commentary on iFollow.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    I liked Burke for a handy freebie, but no way did he contribute more than Colback has for us.


  17. #9491
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,092

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    It was about the time we were in there, think they got relegated from then Div1 the year we went up, 93/4, and went straight back up. They had Barry Fry back then.
    Before that they were in third tier from 89-92 too.

    Probably why I consider them a pretty insignificant little club, even though they are the only seasons they’ve spent down there.

    Still won fuck all though, bar the odd league cup.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  18. #9492
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,668

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Mainly because they were.


    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  19. #9493
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,187

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I like how you make incendiary comments about other peoples opinions yet you dont want it questionning.

    Seriously, Burke & Tesche played a combined 70 odd games, 8 goals 7 assists combined & because one scored a screamer we're supposed to remember them with any kind of affection?

    They were both terrible for us.


  20. #9494
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,668

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I like how you make incendiary comments about other peoples opinions yet you dont want it questionning.

    Seriously, Burke & Tesche played a combined 70 odd games, 8 goals 7 assists combined & because one scored a screamer we're supposed to remember them with any kind of affection?

    They were both terrible for us.
    If you look I speak to absolutely everyone on here barring a few. I'm not doing this dance with you again MASE.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk


  21. #9495
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,637

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    I’m surprised he hasn’t walked by now, that’s his speciality


  22. #9496
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,187

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    If you look I speak to absolutely everyone on here barring a few. I'm not doing this dance with you again MASE.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    I dont want to dance, I just want you to qualify the Burke & Tesche love in.

    Why the yawn? My opinion is they were shit, I saw their Forest careers in their entirety & the stats back it up.


  23. #9497
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Burke started off OK but his form rapidly declined before Christmas. He was bomb squad material way before that season ended.

    Tesche was mediocre, not shit, but not someone you'd want to rely on for anything more than mid-table drudgery season after season.


  24. #9498
    Shoot to Thrill
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    6,469

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Ah the Halcyon days of Burke and Tesche


  25. #9499

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Tesche was best, just for the fact all the lads referred to him as "Tash"

    He didn't even have a tash


  26. #9500
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    19,068

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm expecting Karanka to have been sacked or walked away.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •