Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 381 of 381 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381
Results 9,501 to 9,523 of 9523
  1. #9501
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,446

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Burke had always been fairly nippy, as well as delivering a good cross, but his pace went pretty quickly after we’d signed him. A promising start soon became a poor signing.

    Tesche was pretty average. Decent passer, put his foot in. Nothing special though. Apparently he was on a very sizeable salary, so wasn’t really worth it.

    Both pretty “meh” in the grand scheme of things. Probably don’t quite qualify as “shit” in comparison to some of their peers...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #9502
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,036

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Having seen players like Eaden, Powell, Dadi etc in the flesh I really find it hard to slate some more recent players as shit.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  4. #9503

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Having seen players like Eaden, Powell, Dadi etc in the flesh I really find it hard to slate some more recent players as shit.
    I think that part of the difference is that those running the club expect everything now, or move said players on (usually along with or followed by coach/manager). So some players might not be that shit, and some might have potential, but either way they've usually only got a few months to look like top 6 material.

    I know I factor that into judging them. "Is Gurerro a top 6 player? No, nowhere near." Was he shit? Nah, not compared to the names you mention. But he's just another disposable nobody in Marinakis' gluttonous food chain of players, so it's easier to brand him shit and move on.


  5. #9504
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,446

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Having seen players like Eaden, Powell, Dadi etc in the flesh I really find it hard to slate some more recent players as shit.
    Seeing those 3 in the flesh made me reassess my own footballing ability as “shit”, let alone players like Burke and Tesche.

    I’d add Friio and Dumitru to that too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  6. #9505
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,347

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Having seen players like Eaden, Powell, Dadi etc in the flesh I really find it hard to slate some more recent players as shit.
    Eaden in particular is an easy pick for any 'Worst Forest XI'.

    Gary Holt was another from that era who was absolutely dreadful too.

    The likes of Tesche and Chris Burke are world beaters compared to some of the shite we've had at the club over the last 20 years.


  7. #9506
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,036

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Eaden in particular is an easy pick for any 'Worst Forest XI'.

    Gary Holt was another from that era who was absolutely dreadful too.

    The likes of Tesche and Chris Burke are world beaters compared to some of the shite we've had at the club over the last 20 years.
    Eaden is probably my most disliked Forest play of all time because it was clear he had more ability than he showed on the pitch but he came to Forest as a final pay day and was brazenly showing that on the pitch - he could never be arsed. Never ran for a ball played over top of his head, never went in for 50/50's, never looked to retain the ball if put under pressure just got rid of it to avoid being tackled etc.

    Powell, Dadi, Frioo, Dumitru were all utterly garbage, but you could see they at least tried sometimes.


  8. #9507
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,446

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Eaden is probably my most disliked Forest play of all time because it was clear he had more ability than he showed on the pitch but he came to Forest as a final pay day and was brazenly showing that on the pitch - he could never be arsed. Never ran for a ball played over top of his head, never went in for 50/50's, never looked to retain the ball if put under pressure just got rid of it to avoid being tackled etc.

    Powell, Dadi, Frioo, Dumitru were all utterly garbage, but you could see they at least tried sometimes.
    True. Not sure exactly what it was they were trying to do, mind you.

    I’d probably put Padula in that group too.

    About 90% of the 50 very worst players ever to wear the shirt appeared in about a 5 year spell. Bad times.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #9508
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    6,620

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    About 90% of the 50 very worst players ever to wear the shirt appeared in about a 18 month spell with the worst manager ever in charge.
    FTFY

    Still hate that little ginger twunt for what he did to us


  10. #9509
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,036

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Can I have a fiver on Karanka being sacked tonight after losing to Warbuton's QPR at home?


  11. #9510
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,036

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Generous Mark Warburton feeling sorry for Aitor. It's the Forest connection.


  12. #9511

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Rollercoaster afternoon for Team Warbs and Team Karanka Forest fans.


  13. #9512

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Sheff Wed and Rotherham lost, that alone makes it a good day for Forest, still 11 points above the drop zone.

    Last edited by Listen 'ere young man; 27-02-21 at 18:38.

  14. #9513

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Can I have a fiver on Karanka being sacked tonight after losing to Warbuton's QPR at home?
    Warbs prob made £50 on ebay pre-match, then AK pinched it off him.


  15. #9514
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Looks like he's been sacked. The final straw has come after another shambolic display followed by him completely throwing the players under the bus post match


  16. #9515
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    6,620

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    They should just get Mugson in and have done with it


  17. #9516
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    34,012

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    They should just get Mugson in and have done with it
    Hasn’t he been out of work even longer than Dilly Bavies?


  18. #9517
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    6,620

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Hasn’t he been out of work even longer than Dilly Bavies?
    Last seen at WBA when they were relegated, he was first team coach then caretaker for a bit, so nope.


  19. #9518
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Congo, deported by Priti Patel
    Posts
    34,012

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Last seen at WBA when they were relegated, he was first team coach then caretaker for a bit, so nope.
    I totally missed that.


  20. #9519
    In Te Domine
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,062

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Chris View Post
    Looks like he's been sacked. The final straw has come after another shambolic display followed by him completely throwing the players under the bus post match
    Aitor at his sulkiest



    "Do you still have the belief in that group of players to get themselves out of this position?"
    "I have belief in me..."

    Ouch.


  21. #9520
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,036

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Karanka: "I have belief in me"
    Birmingham board: "We don't. Bye."


  22. #9521

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Lee Bowyer has resigned at Charlton, what a coincidence!


  23. #9522
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hughton's Underpants
    Posts
    47,819

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Aitor at his sulkiest


    *Aitor shrugs*
    "Do you still have the belief in that group of players *Aitor shrugs* to get themselves out of this position?"*Aitor shrugs*
    "I have *Aitor shrugs* belief in me..."
    *Aitor shrugs*
    *Aitor shrugs*
    *Aitor shrugs*
    Ouch.
    FTFY

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  24. #9523
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,896

    Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

    He's been sacked then.

    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •