Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 378 of 381 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 9523
    oopsy daisy!

Default Re: The Rise and Fall of Aitor Karanka

I still think a lot of you are too hard on Aitor Karanka.

I remain convinced that had we backed him with another £35m that season he would have had us in the playoff places.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I still think a lot of you are too hard on Aitor Karanka.

I remain convinced that had we backed him with another £35m that season he would have had us in the playoff places.
    "only"

Up-Front

Karanka would have taken us up. The money he spent then becomes largely immaterial.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Karanka would have taken us up. The money he spent then becomes largely immaterial.
    Unless he failed to do it within the FFP budget and we got fucked, yet again.

No one can say what would have happenrd. He's gone now and at Brum, as he did here shown he needs a lot of money to compete, let alone get out the league.

I support almost every manager while they're here but Karanka is just one in a long line of failures, the reasons are inconsequential.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Possibly.

But if we were convinced of that we should have given him more than £26m and gone for it. It's a lot for us, but compared to parachute payments it's not that much.

Spending a lot but not enough to make us anything more than play-off contenders was dumb. We've been saddled with the mess since, carrying players like Hefele, Pantillimon, Benaloune and numerous others who have done nothing but extract wealth from the club. It is partly the reason we have been scrambling for cheap players and loans from around Europe, because we spunked our load in one go. That was warned about, but no one cared.

.k I m
    I m u mm

First Team

Looking even more likely for the chop now, sat in the relegation zone and their fans are fuming with his decisions today, apparently he took of Hogan (on 2 goals) for Juke and then played with no wingers. That is a stupid decision as Juke is a big bloke who scores with his head, bizarre decision.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Looking even more likely for the chop now, sat in the relegation zone and their fans are fuming with his decisions today, apparently he took of Hogan (on 2 goals) for Juke and then played with no wingers. That is a stupid decision as Juke is a big bloke who scores with his head, bizarre decision.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Only brought Sammy on in stoppage time too. Don't really see the point of the later substitutions other than time wasting, a player isn't going to get long enough to change the game after about 80.

Gaff Lad

Has he gone yet?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Possibly.

But if we were convinced of that we should have given him more than £26m and gone for it. It's a lot for us, but compared to parachute payments it's not that much.

Spending a lot but not enough to make us anything more than play-off contenders was dumb. We've been saddled with the mess since, carrying players like Hefele, Pantillimon, Benaloune and numerous others who have done nothing but extract wealth from the club. It is partly the reason we have been scrambling for cheap players and loans from around Europe, because we spunked our load in one go. That was warned about, but no one cared.
    Karanka would have got us up if we'd given him the £35m he needed, but we didn't have the money , and he knew he wasn't good enough to get us up without it, so he showed his true colours and quit, like he did at Middlesborough, only we didn't turn round and beg him to come back.

Quitter.

Wally Ardron

Dunno where all this about wanting extra money has come from lmao, Vrentzos was the one that fucked things up with him not the other way around.

Anyways that being said, can't see Birmingham sticking with him much longer, which is a shame because it's good for us currently.

In Te Domine

He hates the Leicester
    He hates the Derby
    Forest are magic

Ian Storey-Moore

It sounds like he's lost the dressing room there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55959623

In Te Domine

Shit manager with a sulky attitude

No idea why Brum haven't sacked him

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Shit manager with a sulky attitude

No idea why Brum haven't sacked him
    Tbh he has been brutally exposed as a chequebook manager I was a fan of the work he was doing at the time but maybe it was one of the better decisions from our hierarchy to call his bluff at the time.

In Te Domine

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Chris View Post
    Tbh he has been brutally exposed as a chequebook manager I was a fan of the work he was doing at the time but maybe it was one of the better decisions from our hierarchy to call his bluff at the time.
    Having smashed our transfer record to bring in what turned out to be a rather average player (to say nothing of all the other dross he brought in) I'm surprised anyone looks back on him fondly

Nigel Clough

Nice to see Dan Potts (who scored for Luton against them) doing well after all he's been through... Shows character not to just jack it all in.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Having smashed our transfer record to bring in what turned out to be a rather average player (to say nothing of all the other dross he brought in) I'm surprised anyone looks back on him fondly
    other dross like lolley who played his best spell as a player for karanka or grabban who did well for him.

Grenville Morris

Carvalho probably wasn't a Karanka choice. His record with signings are experienced players, not complete unknowns.

I don't blame him for Carvalho, but I do blame him for lumbering us with dross like Hefele, Pantillimon, Steele, Carayol etc that were woefully short of quality and lumbered us with a huge wage bill we couldn't shift.

Ultimately his tenure became a failure because the board misunderstood the requirements of this league and Karanka as a manager. If they thought they'd got the right man to deliver promotion, they should have backed him with more than £25m, which only brought us in line with expenditure that other top six clubs had made. Another £30m or so probably would have been enough to make us really challenge. If the board weren't comfortable spending more than £25m then they hired the wrong manager in Karanka and should have picked someone with a history of more constrained spending that gets the most out of players.

Last edited by MaxiRobriguez; 15-02-21 at 12:20.

First Team

i don't think panty was that bad specifically compared to the likes of hendrson or mad vlad , he had like 13-14 clean sheets that season, didn't he.

Up-Front

Vlad > Pants

Always refer folk to that Villa away game where Stoikovic showed what a decent keeper he was.

Viv Anderson

Pantillimon gets ridiculously short thrift on here. He had the most clean sheets in the country a few weeks before Karanka left.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Vlad better than Pants? Maybe on paper but really?

In Te Domine

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Vlad better than Pants? Maybe on paper
    Yeah, toilet paper

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Vlad better than Pants? Maybe on paper but really?
    Just a personal preference.

As statements go, it doesnt look that out of place in a thread thats trying to tell me karanka was shit for us too.

Grenville Morris

Birmingham show what having patience with a manager gets you as they now have a 100% record from their last 1 games.