Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 1,426 to 1,445 of 1445

Thread: Tobias Figueiredo

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Tobias Figueiredo

He can't be in the team next season if we really want to fight for top 6, but he's fine for now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Good for you giving credit where its due.
    I actually thought Figs was the better of our 2 CBs today. Decent as McKenna is, he looks rusty and I just wonder if hes a tad short of pace for a top class CB...
    Thought McKenna looked rusty too. Not sure he moves his feet quick enough to be a top centre-half, but hes very good at this level from what Ive seen so far and still room to improve.

As for Figgy, he is what he is. If hes third choice centre-half behind Worrall (or new) and McKenna next season, thats fine for me but as a starter I think he costs us 6 or 7 points over a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up-Front

Figs going from strength to strength for me. Thought he was concentration personified yesterday, prone to the odd lapse, but who aint at this level.

Worrall & Figueredo first choices in my book.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Figs going from strength to strength for me. Thought he was concentration personified yesterday, prone to the odd lapse, but who aint at this level.

Worrall & Figueredo first choices in my book.
    I'd still go for Wozza and McKenna - Figs is getting back to his best, but is his best really good enough?

Nigel Clough

No, Figs at his best isnt even as good as a half fit McKenna.

Everything Figs does looks panicked, Id hate to play next to him. Both McKenna and Worrall play like they are always in control, Figs never does. He did play well yesterday but he is currently third choice behind Worrall and McKenna.

Also can someone tell him to stop doing Cruyff turns in and around our box. I shat myself when he did it with Toney charging in on him, luckily we got a free kick out of it mind. Proper heart in the mouth stuff.

Upper Decker

We have 4 good enough centre backs who can all step in and do a job when required. We have one of the tightest defences in the league. Improvement is needed at the other end of the pitch, but unless someone leaves there’s no need to change anything in central defence.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    We have 4 good enough centre backs who can all step in and do a job when required. We have one of the tightest defences in the league. Improvement is needed at the other end of the pitch, but unless someone leaves there’s no need to change anything in central defence.
    Agree, we are fine for Centre Backs - would love to see a bit more of Mbe Soh, but its not a major area of concern

Nigel Clough

I think we have two good, one good enough and one question mark, but Id be confident he could be at least good enough going forward.

Obviously it may dictate what we can/cant do this summer, but Id be wanting to keep both Worrall and McKenna and build from there. With Samba in goal and hopefully Garner back on loan that is a good spine to work from.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I think we have two good, one good enough and one question mark, but I’d be confident he could be at least good enough going forward.

Obviously it may dictate what we can/can’t do this summer, but I’d be wanting to keep both Worrall and McKenna and build from there. With Samba in goal and hopefully Garner back on loan that is a good spine to work from.

A spine is not complete without a quality striker...has to be where any money is spent this summer

Matchday Squad

Anyone know when Worrall is likely to be back available?
    Id be a lot happier about the run in if McKenna and Worrall can start forming a solid partnership as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Anyone know when Worrall is likely to be back available?
    I’d be a lot happier about the run in if McKenna and Worrall can start forming a solid partnership as soon as possible.
    Seriously I wouldn't worry yourself about Worrall and McKenna. I'd be very surprised if they played together again.

Truth is we need to worry much more about creating and scoring chances than our centre back partnership (whom ever that is) which is fairly solid and not the reason we are in the shit. Thats what makes me laugh about the constant natter about poor old Figs. Anyone who thinks we will go through games not conceeding, let alone not giving chances against good teams at this level is bat shit crazy. Start scoring a couple of goals a game and pretty soon everyone will have forgotten about the defence and the so called innate frailties of Toby or whomever.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Seriously I wouldn't worry yourself about Worrall and McKenna. I'd be very surprised if they played together again.

Truth is we need to worry much more about creating and scoring chances than our centre back partnership (whom ever that is) which is fairly solid and not the reason we are in the shit. Thats what makes me laugh about the constant natter about poor old Figs. Anyone who thinks we will go through games not conceeding, let alone not giving chances against good teams at this level is bat shit crazy. Start scoring a couple of goals a game and pretty soon everyone will have forgotten about the defence and the so called innate frailties of Toby or whomever.
    Yeah maybe, problem is the whole team is now set up to defend in numbers precisely because the defence got pulled to pieces so often. Everyone else is too scared to go too far forward and leave them exposed. So we have a striker completely isolated whos lucky if he gets 1 or 2 players up with him when we break. We dont score goals cos noone commits forward. Garner and Cafu are keeping us in games but their main aim is always to protect. Believe me Id love to forget about Fig.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Yeah maybe, problem is the whole team is now set up to defend in numbers precisely because the defence got pulled to pieces so often. Everyone else is too scared to go too far forward and leave them exposed. So we have a striker completely isolated who’s lucky if he gets 1 or 2 players up with him when we break. We don’t score goals cos noone commits forward. Garner and Cafu are keeping us in games but their main aim is always to protect. Believe me I’d love to forget about Fig.
    Just don't agree we have a defensive bias these days, last season maybe, but Hughtons given us back the football & when Krovinovic & Cafu play, we're regularly pushing things in the opposition half.

We're creating far more opportunities these days, just not taking them.

Viv Anderson

I just wish Tobias looked as if he was enjoying his football. I always think that he can't wait to get back to the dressing room to punch a hole in the wall.

Upper Decker

I like his brooding, intense demeanour. Centre backs should be perfectionists. The only time a centre back should be happy is when the team keep a clean sheet. Briefly celebrate every block and last ditch tackle, then move onto the next. Athletico Madrid are great to watch in this regard.

Viv Anderson

For a country that is about flair and technical ability, the Portugese do love a nutter in central defence.

Ian Storey-Moore

I think he's been very unlucky. Went through a phase where every mistake was punished with a goal. The Derby goal was barely a mistake and got twatted in the top corner. Sums his luck up

Worrall has made plenty of mistakes as have the others, they simply got away with them.

Got to give him credit for battling through and showing massive balls and not crumbling into nothing.

He could easily be a part of a promotion winning team for me. One of our better players this season as part of a defence that hasn't shipped many goals at all

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

You cant all be his mam, surely?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post
    I think he's been very unlucky. Went through a phase where every mistake was punished with a goal. The Derby goal was barely a mistake and got twatted in the top corner. Sums his luck up

Worrall has made plenty of mistakes as have the others, they simply got away with them.

Got to give him credit for battling through and showing massive balls and not crumbling into nothing.

He could easily be a part of a promotion winning team for me. One of our better players this season as part of a defence that hasn't shipped many goals at all

I generally agree, he has been unlucky.

I think he has a glaring weakness in that he loses men from set pieces, he was at fault for a lot of goals because of that. However, it looks like that's been mostly rectified by Hughton putting him zonally marking the six yard box where he can just focus on attacking the ball which is what he is good at.

Personally I am glad to club & manager haven't just thrown another player on the scrapheap and actually had patience & belief with players through a ball spell of form - this needs to happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post

Not sure you can simply call his mistakes at the start of the season unlucky. He must've broken 100 mirrors, walked under evry ladder he could find, and driven a tank over a cattery for stray black cats. Unfortunately he was making mistakes in critical areas of the pitch that inevitably cost goals.
    His improvement is mainly down to Hughton removing him from marking duties, which is clever coaching, but also raises the question of who picks up that slack, and are they effective as a quality centre half should be.
    I'd also add that he continues to make bad decisions when under pressure, like his Cruyff turn in the box the other day, his passing is shocking, and he will always be dominated by a true big strong target man.

Despite all this, I agree that he is good enough for a top six team so long as you cover his weaknesses. He deals really well with mobile forwards, gets stuck in, and is a real team player. Even when it was all falling in around him he kept offering himself, and didn't throw the towel in. Currently he's 3rd best, though as soon as we're safe Mbe Soh deserves some game time so we can see how he goes with a run in the team.
    I like Figureido, but on ability he's only in the team due to injuries.