Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 3090

Thread: Ryan Yates

      
  1. #26
    lard
    Guest

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Scunthorpe have bid 100k for him. They currently 4th in L1.

    Do they think this is a charity ?
    That isn't even worth a response from the club, Given the fact he could go on to be a regular for us and maybe beyond how would you justify a bid so low.
    They can have him on loan for 6 months for that price.

    .


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

  3. #27
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,482

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    That isn't even worth a response from the club, Given the fact he could go on to be a regular for us and maybe beyond how would you justify a bid so low.
    They can have him on loan for 6 months for that price.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    I feel like maybe thats what the bid was? 100k loan fee?

    Surely they can't be thick enough to expect us to sell one of our brightest youth prospects for that.


  4. #28
    lard
    Guest

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I feel like maybe thats what the bid was? 100k loan fee?

    Surely they can't be thick enough to expect us to sell one of our brightest youth prospects for that.
    You would like to think so , But I doubt Scunny would pay £100k for a six month loan.

    .


  5. #29
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,120

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    “Ryan Yates is not for sale at any price”.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  6. #30
    lard
    Guest

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    “Ryan Yates is not for sale at any price”.
    Thank you Mr Randall..

    .


  7. #31
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Behind the net curtains
    Posts
    9,655

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    “Ryan Yates is not for sale at any price”.
    If that’s quoting Nicholas Randall QC - expect Yates to be sold tomorrow for a pittance


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

    Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

  8. #32
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stephen Kings imagination
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Simply a typo with a zero missing


  9. #33
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    “Ryan Yates is not for sale at Our Price”.
    No, because it closed down yonks ago


  10. #34
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    15,032

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    They couldn't land Eddie Yates for 100k.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  11. #35
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,495

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    No, because it closed down yonks ago
    As opposed to Yates, which is still open and doing well, unfortunately.


  12. #36
    They see me trollin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,123

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Maybe it was 100k for Yates in town?


  13. #37
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    12,510

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.


  14. #38
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,356

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.
    Good news that. Signs we operating very professionally and planning ahead.

    Hardy and the Sadpies will be hating it.


  15. #39
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,482

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Good news that. Signs we operating very professionally and planning ahead.

    Hardy and the Sadpies will be hating it.
    Interesting - why wouldn't we do the same with Grant?

    He's already got a full seasons worth of goals and assists at County, surely for his development he needs to replicate the same thing again in L1? Or someone like Burton?

    Even Norwich, if they want him let them have him on loan for the rest of the season. Then we can have him back a better player and straight into the team next season or sell him for ££££££££££


  16. #40
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,709

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.
    Very smart move by the club. Continue his development with a view to having him back next season.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  17. #41
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Dock Of The Bay, Bakersfield NG3.
    Posts
    14,653

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Doing the rounds on Twitter this morning that he's set to be recalled, given a new deal and then loaned out to League One, Scunny by the sounds of it.
    If that particular Twitter source can be trusted, then great.

    I'd expect the new manager to re-integrate Grant into the 1st-team squad for the 2nd-half of the season.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 08-01-18 at 11:57.

  18. #42
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,356

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Interesting - why wouldn't we do the same with Grant?

    He's already got a full seasons worth of goals and assists at County, surely for his development he needs to replicate the same thing again in L1? Or someone like Burton?

    Even Norwich, if they want him let them have him on loan for the rest of the season. Then we can have him back a better player and straight into the team next season or sell him for ££££££££££
    They may still do that same with Grant.

    I'm still not sure really where they fit him in , in the bigger picture. Is it just a case of him continuing to play and score to bring him back in summer one last time to judge him or will he be sold to a Wigan or Norwich or someone else in this window.

    Being 23 I think tough choices are closer to having to be made for him.


  19. #43
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,482

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    They may still do that same with Grant.

    I'm still not sure really where they fit him in , in the bigger picture. Is it just a case of him continuing to play and score to bring him back in summer one last time to judge him or will he be sold to a Wigan or Norwich or someone else in this window.

    Being 23 I think tough choices are closer to having to be made for him.
    When Dowell goes back to Everton there will be a gap in our squad for a player who can interchange across a front 3 behind a lone striker, should our new manager continue in that system. Grant does fit that role nicely, and it'd be nice for Clough to come good too and them both to fight for that shirt.


  20. #44
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,709

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    They may still do that same with Grant.

    I'm still not sure really where they fit him in , in the bigger picture. Is it just a case of him continuing to play and score to bring him back in summer one last time to judge him or will he be sold to a Wigan or Norwich or someone else in this window.

    Being 23 I think tough choices are closer to having to be made for him.
    The hope I have with Grant, is that players like Vardy and Lambert took longer to flourish in their careers. I think Vardy was still in Non League until he was 24 and now he's an England regular and has a Premeir League title to his name. Hopefully now Grant has gotten himself into a good run of form it's only up for him from here and when he comes back he will be able to take that and make an impact


  21. #45
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,356

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    When Dowell goes back to Everton there will be a gap in our squad for a player who can interchange across a front 3 behind a lone striker, should our new manager continue in that system. Grant does fit that role nicely, and it'd be nice for Clough to come good too and them both to fight for that shirt.
    I think he has found his position wide-left if he is working on his off the ball play which was a concern for me. And this is the gap in our squad he will have to target. His strength is his technical ability on the ball to shoot and cross & set-piece delivery.

    Centrally I'm not sure if he has the movement, vision or drive to get around and beat players for dead like a Dowell who eventhough can go missing in games does those things better than Grant who is a player known to go missing for long periods.

    I haven't seen a lot of him this season but this seems to be the Notts views. Be fantastic if he came back to make it here.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 08-01-18 at 12:09.

  22. #46
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,482

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    The hope I have with Grant, is that players like Vardy and Lambert took longer to flourish in their careers. I think Vardy was still in Non League until he was 24 and now he's an England regular and has a Premeir League title to his name. Hopefully now Grant has gotten himself into a good run of form it's only up for him from here and when he comes back he will be able to take that and make an impact
    There is something really wrong is Grant comes back to Forest and doesn't at least look like doing well.

    Scoring and assisting so many in L2 is insane. Look how much Brentford paid for Ollie Watkins - who's now scored 8 goals in all competitions for Brentford.

    Very exciting times for our academy products imo. We could see the below team, with 9 academy grads - and only 2 of them haven't already started for the first team!

    Smith

    Lichaj Worrall Ahmedhodzic Traore

    Osborn Yates

    Cash Grant Walker

    Brereton


  23. #47
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    There is something really wrong is Grant comes back to Forest and doesn't at least look like doing well.

    Scoring and assisting so many in L2 is insane. Look how much Brentford paid for Ollie Watkins - who's now scored 8 goals in all competitions for Brentford.

    Very exciting times for our academy products imo. We could see the below team, with 9 academy grads - and only 2 of them haven't already started for the first team!

    Smith

    Lichaj Worrall Ahmedhodzic Traore

    Osborn Yates

    Cash Grant Walker

    Brereton
    When you also consider that the likes of Iacovitti, Edser and Appiah are floating around the first team squad as well, its great


  24. #48
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,588

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Id recall Yates & Grant, then offer them cut price to the Saddies promotion rivals.

    Fuck em.


  25. #49
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,356

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    The hope I have with Grant, is that players like Vardy and Lambert took longer to flourish in their careers. I think Vardy was still in Non League until he was 24 and now he's an England regular and has a Premeir League title to his name. Hopefully now Grant has gotten himself into a good run of form it's only up for him from here and when he comes back he will be able to take that and make an impact
    I agree mate. In the past we've been to eager to release players. We did the smart thing giving him is new LT contract. All the hard work has been put into him. Look at Freeman who is now at Sheff Utd and ahead of us now.

    We can hold on to these players longer and let them thrive on loan if they not in our first team set-up.

    Common sense says League 1 needs to happen sooner rather than later for him. So we might as well pull him out of Notts as well then.

    But I want to keep using Notts though So hopefully they not to angry and we can give them Anel, Edser, Gomis etc


  26. #50
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,482

    Default Re: Ryan Yates

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I agree mate. In the past we've been to eager to release players. We did the smart thing giving him is new LT contract. All the hard work has been put into him. Look at Freeman who is now at Sheff Utd and ahead of us now.

    We can hold on to these players longer and let them thrive on loan if they not in our first team set-up.

    Common sense says League 1 needs to happen sooner rather than later for him. So we might as well pull him out of Notts as well then.

    But I want to keep using Notts though So hopefully they not to angry and we can give them Anel, Edser, Gomis etc
    You'd assume we'd swap Yates out with Edser (if Notts will take him) and maybe put Lewis Walters or another one of our wide players if we lift Grant out to another team?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •