Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 2,476 to 2,487 of 2487

Thread: Big Ryan Yates

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Big Ryan Yates

There are certain types of games where Yates runs the show in midfield.

There are certain types of games where the midfield is congested, full of pressing in numbers and requires a sharper and more technical player, and that's where Yates is not as effective. Such as yesterday.

But he is very useful for the squad and should start against battling teams like Millwall because he has shown he can run that type of midfield. Tackling. Winning high balls in midfield. Driving forward and getting into the box. Scoring vital goals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Decker

Weirdly, most would probably have expected any two from Colback, Arter and Sow to be the mainstay this season.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Weirdly, most would probably have expected any two from Colback, Arter and Sow to be the mainstay this season.
    Very true, that.

Think Bachirou is completely out of favour too after not being registered in our 25 man EFL squad from January. Rumours that Hughton wanted to offload him in the last transfer window.

But I thought he was one of our better players against Swansea in the FA Cup, in what was a more technical game.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    From what I can see, Cafu makes his choices quicker and performs the action more decisively.

In possession, Cafu will get on the front foot and look to hit runners 15/20 yards up the pitch, whilst Yates is still deciding what to do with the ball as opposition players gather and any of our wide runners have to slow down or come towards him.

Off the ball, Cafu will generally see the issue and be proactive, either supporting the defensive line or closing down runners / man in possession, whilst Yates again sticks to his DM position and observes play (often in no mans land) before deciding what to do.

Now I'm not saying for a minute that Cafu always gets things right and Yates gets things wrong, but in Championship football, recycling the ball quickly and looking for runners is a vital part of the play, Yates delays this to such an extent that his wide runners and fellow midfielders also become more static.

Cafu keeps the team moving, Yates makes them fall asleep.

The most important position on the pitch should not rest on this young mans shoulders. Really like the lad, but he is not up to it.
    Yet to be fair as he is on an improving trajectory this season and has excelled against weaker teams but struggled against ex premier league teams

Not putting Cafu down, but let's not forget that his run of good form has been against lesser sides, and yesterday he played against a tiring Watford side for 30 min.

I'm not doing a Yates Vs Cafu comparison, I'm just pointing out that it's easy to get carried away with Cafu's contribution without context.

His introduction did change the game for the positive, but that's often what subs with fresh legs do.

Shoot to Thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Not putting Cafu down
    That would be incredibly harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    That would be incredibly harsh
    I'd run out of bullets by the time it got to his turn with our squad

Ian Storey-Moore

Yates is a good squad player, wouldn't go any further. Play him in the games where we'll need to scrap for our lives and bring him on with 10 to go... As a midfielder I'm struggling to see what he can do more than Garner and Cafu other than battle.

Limited but gives his all. Well worth a place on the bench, which, for a side who should be looking at top half, is exactly where he should be

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

First Team

Id be bringing on Yates as a replacement for Krovinovic in games were chasing and having to lump it forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Id be bringing on Yates as a replacement for Krovinovic in games were chasing and having to lump it forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So all of them then?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    So all of them then?
    Not true. Sometimes we're spanking teams 0-0.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Not true. Sometimes we're spanking teams 0-0.
    Ah my mistake I did forget about those absolute master classes.