Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Far from home

Default Re: The Final Fantasy thread - Sponsored by Harvey.

Looks to be a massive step in a different direction from FFXV which is fine by me as that game did very little for me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Warp Speed Chic

I really liked 15 but I agree, doesn't really look like a FF game compared to others based on my limited play with them.

Hope this new one isn't a sausage fest

Ugggh, just returned to FF6 and could not get on with it at all this time round. Think modern games have conditioned me into expecting more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Ugggh, just returned to FF6 and could not get on with it at all this time round. Think modern games have conditioned me into expecting more freedom.

I am the complete opposite. I hate completely open world games and prefer a structured narrative far more. I just lose track of what I am doing, or if I am even on the main pathway. I tried an Elder Scrolls (Oblivion I think), and when the game ended I was pretty much in shock as I had no idea what the main story beats I had hit that led me to the end. It is one of the reasons why Final Fantasy VI is not among my favourites in the series. The World of Balance was fun for me. It had side missions to it that you could explore, but it was a structured narrative. Then the World of Ruin hit and it lost me somewhat. The more open structure of the game, having to find and re-recruit your party members. It lost some of its appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    I am the complete opposite. I hate completely open world games and prefer a structured narrative far more. I just lose track of what I am doing, or if I am even on the main pathway. I tried an Elder Scrolls (Oblivion I think), and when the game ended I was pretty much in shock as I had no idea what the main story beats I had hit that led me to the end. It is one of the reasons why Final Fantasy VI is not among my favourites in the series. The World of Balance was fun for me. It had side missions to it that you could explore, but it was a structured narrative. Then the World of Ruin hit and it lost me somewhat. The more open structure of the game, having to find and re-recruit your party members. It lost some of its appeal to me.
    Preference wise I'm the same mate, I'm no great fan of modern open world games (Morrowind however I do thrive on). However after playing so many the past 2-3 years, I reckon I've just been conditioned a bit by them.

Tales of Berseria & Zestiria struck a nice balance. Witcher 2 & Dragon Age Origins too. Enough to explore but not get bogged down by.

Lost Odyssey was another I thrived on. That middle ground usually suits me best.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Preference wise I'm the same mate, I'm no great fan of modern open world games (Morrowind however I do thrive on). However after playing so many the past 2-3 years, I reckon I've just been conditioned a bit by them.

Tales of Berseria & Zestiria struck a nice balance. Witcher 2 & Dragon Age Origins too. Enough to explore but not get bogged down by.

Lost Odyssey was another I thrived on. That middle ground usually suits me best.
    Lost Odyssey! Now there was a game where they tried to do a proper turn based game with updated graphics. The combat was so slow but I still loved it.

I would love a next gen game that just tried to do that, instead of thinking everything needs to be action based. If they remade Legend of Dragoon that would be awesome.

I will have to make do with Trails of Cold Steel 4 for now.

Warp Speed Chic

Yakuza 7 is turn based but I'm not sure if that counts?

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Lost Odyssey! Now there was a game where they tried to do a proper turn based game with updated graphics. The combat was so slow but I still loved it.

I would love a next gen game that just tried to do that, instead of thinking everything needs to be action based. If they remade Legend of Dragoon that would be awesome.

I will have to make do with Trails of Cold Steel 4 for now.
    Loved Lost Odyssey. Apart from the main character who was a bit of a gimp

Heard good things about this. On sale on Steam at the mo.......

I've too many games to play as it is, but will give it a blast at some point. The turn based combat is meant to be some of the best ever seen in a JRPG