Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,401 to 1,415 of 1415

Thread: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

First Team

Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post
    Good results this week, beating AEK then Fenerbahce
    These results were badly needed. The first gave us a very comfortable lead in the Greek league, the second secured our European future after the group stage for the 10th time in the last 11 years.

It has not been a good year. Some expensive transfers proved a failure, some key players have underperformed spectacularly, pre-season was a disaster (with half the team ill from the coronavirus), we did not make it to the Champions League group stage, and the manager has not managed to pull rabbits out of his hat as he used to. As usual, there has been a lot of moaning by trigger-happy fans.

Hopefully, results both at home and in Europe give us time to return to solid performances, and prepare for the knockout round of the Europa League in February.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

So in January when the Africa Cup of Nations starts half the National Elephants side will be owned by Oylmpiakos?
    We'll have six to nine players in the Africa Cup of Nations: Guinea (3), Cameroon (1), Cape Verde (1), Senegal (1-2), Morocco (perhaps 1), Nigeria (perhaps 1).

First Team

Oh, and someone REALLY enjoyed scoring last night:

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    These results were badly needed. The first gave us a very comfortable lead in the Greek league, the second secured our European future after the group stage for the 10th time in the last 11 years.

It has not been a good year. Some expensive transfers proved a failure, some key players have underperformed spectacularly, pre-season was a disaster (with half the team ill from the coronavirus), we did not make it to the Champions League group stage, and the manager has not managed to pull rabbits out of his hat as he used to. As usual, there has been a lot of moaning by trigger-happy fans.

Hopefully, results both at home and in Europe give us time to return to solid performances, and prepare for the knockout round of the Europa League in February.
    Imagine winning the league the past two seasons, top of the league again and the manager looking over his shoulder with some supporters moaning

It's all about mid-table...

Sorry but zero interest. Boring as Forest.

Last time I look into this thread ever. Goodbye

First Team

Imagine winning the league the past two seasons, top of the league again and the manager looking over his shoulder with some supporters moaning
    Our average fan is a spoiled child, who takes winning the title year in year out for granted, wants to win every single match at least 4-0, gets mad that we don't get to at least the stage of 16 in the Champions League although most teams there have something like ten times our budget, and is infuriated that we don't make 20 million transfers each window.

In comparison, you're stoic philosophers.

First Team

We start the transfer window with a bang, signing Kostas Manolas from Napoli. We had stolen him from our rivals AEK back in 2012, he progressed spectacularly, we sold him to Roma for 15m in 2014, they sold him to Napoli for 36m in 2019, and now he's back.

The details have not been publicized yet (he's signing today); apparently the player was desperate to return for family reasons.

Nigel Clough

Decent signing that!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

<<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con più calore e correre più veloci doman>>

Nigel Clough

Bloody hell, with Manolas and Semedo at centre-half, will you ever concede a goal in the Greek league again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Bloody hell, with Manolas and Semedo at centre-half, will you ever concede a goal in the Greek league again?
    Semedo is out, he will be sold, probably to Porto. He's been in the bomb squad due to his off-the-field shenanigans:

Rúben Semedo, one of the most talented CBs I have ever seen, but notoriously devoid of a brain, hence his legal troubles in the past (he has been jailed in Spain for a number of serious offences, and got out on bail), has been arrested, along with the manager of a rapper, for the rape of a 17-year-old girl yesterday. The incident allegedly took place at his home. The guy is married with two young daughters.

God splashes talent on the wrong people far too often.

Nigel Clough

Semedo is out, he will be sold, probably to Porto. He's been in the bomb squad due to his off-the-field shenanigans:
    Ah I see. I’m sure he’ll stay out fo trouble back in his homeland………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Ruben Semedo has had such a wasted career if you look at it. He has unbelievable talent, whenever I have watched him he has always reminded me of Van Dijk.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Ruben Semedo has had such a wasted career if you look at it. He has unbelievable talent, whenever I have watched him he has always reminded me of Van Dijk.
    I repeat, he was by far the best CB I have ever seen at Olympiacos. On his day, no one, and I mean no one, could get past him. But eventually off-the-field gets back at you. The latest charges may not be true (he insists he was innocent, there are parts of the accusation that don't add up, and he was released without any restrictions pending trial), but even the parts of the story he admitted were true are pretty damning for a footballer (partying all night at a club, inviting unknown girls at his house and going to football practice with a couple of hours of sleep). And it was certainly not a one-time thing. There were persistent rumours of party life ever since he came here. For a long time this did not affect his performances, but eventually it did. In the last couple of months of last season he was pretty bad.

First Team

The ladies of our water polo team won another European cup, and celebrated in a night club.

The one with the cup, in the middle, has a Forest connection (she is the niece of Koulis Dourekas).

Attached Images Attached Images

Ian Storey-Moore

Jason Cummings likes this post

Sent from my God using Tapatalk