Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4175

Thread: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Wally Ardron

Default Re: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Djed the Red View Post
    Joe is a very good player but will be 25 this January, the highest level he has played it is Rangers and multiple teams now have shied away from the £10m asking price now.
    I wonder why?.
    Joes main weakness is lack of pace but there are loads of CB's plying their trade in the PL who aren't electric and pair him with a more nimble player and I'd say you will have a good partnership.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Not really, as there's still a chunk of money there to try again.

If we get £15m for Joe it's a good deal whatever the circumstances really. Don't get me wrong, good player, good mentality, good custodian of the club, but ultimately he's a centre back and they're probably the most easily replaced positions in a side.

Like someone said, we got McKenna in for £3m, it shouldn't be that hard to bring in not just one but two players who are good CB's at this level at half of £15m.

I actually think the biggest loss if Joe leaves is what impact that would have on the professionalism of the dressing room. Players like Worrall and Yates who love the club, train hard and are big presences in the dressing room make the other players in the squad work harder. Any replacement needs to be a big personality that is really professional.
    Its always easy to say that until they are gone-Des Walker, Dawson mk1, even Colin Cooper. Every time we have lost a stalwart CB its hurt us and it has taken a few years to get back to solidity. Even loosing Wes and Lascelles hurt us.
    Having watched McKenna for a while now I don't think hes anywhere near as good as Joe-hes aggressive and very committed but I'd say he is more of a one to one kick and take CB than an organiser or leader and as such I think he has more in common with Figs that Joe...

Viv Anderson

I like Worrall but he isnt the most important part of our side. If we lost Spence and Lowe wed be a far poorer side than if we lost Worrall. Worrall is a good player I am not saying he isnt but from my view I am far more worried about the loss of our wing backs.

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I like Worrall but he isnt the most important part of our side. If we lost Spence and Lowe wed be a far poorer side than if we lost Worrall. Worrall is a good player I am not saying he isnt but from my view I am far more worried about the loss of our wing backs.
    May never say this again, but I agree with Emmo.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

First Team

Default Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

I feel exactly the opposite way. Worrall is such a huge contributor to our shape, allowing the players in wide positions to gamble and take risks they otherwise might not because JW reads the game fantastically to make recovery runs and snuff out danger when the ball turns over.

Personally think we’re seeing his premier league credentials this season. Expect him to leave in the summer if we don’t go up, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    You've always blessed Worrall with faint praise so not suprised you don't see everything he brings to the table. It's the intangibles with Joe as much as the thig you see. Leadership, organisation, responsibility and accountability.

Ironically you state that it wouldn't be as bad losing Joe as losing two players, and two pretty key players. That sounds like a really important player to me.

Lowe will be a huge loss if he's replaced by Bong. But that's because Bong is like starting a goal or two down. It's a free cross in from the right wing every time.

Nigel Clough

Lowe's a good player but I think he's replaceable at this level. Djed suits our system perfectly and I think he's got genuine PL potential if he keeps improving, but I think Worrall would be the biggest loss of the three. Listen to him speak and see what he brings to the side. He's a leader of men and the first name on the teamsheet. In an ideal world, we'd have all three starting in our defence next season but that seems extremely unlikely.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Lowe's a good player but I think he's replaceable at this level. Djed suits our system perfectly and I think he's got genuine PL potential if he keeps improving, but I think Worrall would be the biggest loss of the three. Listen to him speak and see what he brings to the side. He's a leader of men and the first name on the teamsheet. In an ideal world, we'd have all three starting in our defence next season but that seems extremely unlikely.
    Agreed, completely laughable that two players deemed not good enough for Sheff Utd and Boro are now more important than Joe Worral! I'd love to see us playing the way we are without him! Spence is good and has really hit a sweet spot at Forest but there's nothing to say that there aren't similar players out there or possibly guys in the academy who can play a similar role..

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Agreed, completely laughable that two players deemed not good enough for Sheff Utd and Boro are now more important than Joe Worral! I'd love to see us playing the way we are without him! Spence is good and has really hit a sweet spot at Forest but there's nothing to say that there aren't similar players out there or possibly guys in the academy who can play a similar role.
    100% mate. I think that the signings of Lowe and Spence show we've finally got the recruitment team in place capable of picking out gems for our side that actually suit how our manager wants to play. I'd have complete confidence in Dane Murphy, Chris Brass, George Syrianos or whoever has been in charge of recruitment recently to plug any gaps in our side if we do lose our loan players. Worrall would be harder to replace in my opinion. He's ready to play at a higher level from what I've seen.

First Team

Spence will be gone in January in my opinion although Cooper says there are plans if he does go back. So potentially we could lose both him and Wozza, I really don't fancy that outcome.

I really hope Joe can be persuaded to stay a bit longer because I think we can do something with Coops in charge.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

Would be damaging to lose Joseph, but even more so Yates, that lad's gotta stay.

Wally Ardron

He's making more errors this season, gave the ball away several times unnecessarily on Saturday. McKenna is more solid right now.

Super Koopa

I think he’s had a few more sloppy moments than he’d like but he will make more mistakes as he is playing a lot more positively and progressively, which is more of a risk. He tends to take more of the onus than McKenna as well.

It’s better than having to aimlessly lump balls forward, right?

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I think he’s had a few more sloppy moments than he’d like but he will make more mistakes as he is playing a lot more positively and progressively, which is more of a risk. He tends to take more of the onus than McKenna as well.

It’s better than having to aimlessly lump balls forward, right?
    I love seeing McKenna go forward, it is hilarious.

Matchday Squad

I don't know if he's been distracted by thoughts of a move but just doesn't look the same player as last season. Thought he was poor again last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    I don't know if he's been distracted by thoughts of a move but just doesn't look the same player as last season. Thought he was poor again last night.
    Care to elaborate? I remember one incident last night where he was caught in possession but recovered well. Other than that, I thought he was solid and has been in the majority of games this season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Care to elaborate? I remember one incident last night where he was caught in possession but recovered well. Other than that, I thought he was solid and has been in the majority of games this season.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Agreed, what did he do wrong last night? Thought he had a very good game.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    I despair sometimes. How are we seeing two completely different footballers when we’re watching the same match?

Matchday Squad

Absolute beast tonight, showed it all

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    Absolute beast tonight, showed it all
    Immense performance.

Great ball in for Grabban, who was inches away from putting the icing on the cake.

It's all about mid-table...

Good performance from Joe which has been highlighted.

I think it might have sent more vultures circling for his signature.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Good performance from Joe which has been highlighted.

I think it might have sent more vultures circling for his signature.
    You could see the extra in his game over other very good defenders like McKenna last night.. I look at someone like Slab head and can't see what he has in his game that Worral doesn't have..

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    You could see the extra in his game over other very good defenders like McKenna last night.. I look at someone like Slab head and can't see what he has in his game that Worral doesn't have..
    He's the full package and still improving, impossible for us to turn down big money in our situation but he really shouldn't be leaving for anything under £15m. Sadly I think some prem team like Burnley are going to get a relative bargain for ~£10m

Ian Storey-Moore

Joe might not be the best footballer in the side but he is by far the best player.

Ian Storey-Moore

I don’t think Wozza will go anywhere in Jan, but if we are still in the championship come June, he’ll be off.

This is our last chance to keep our best player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk