Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1150

Thread: Brennan Johnson

Nigel Clough

Default Re: Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr RayReardon View Post
    Fair. I'm not Yates' biggest fan, but I'll also not be overly critical. Agree on Sow, half the time i see him he's not a footballer.

Whatever Yates is, he is a trier and God loves a trier. However, I stand by my viewpoint he's a limited ball player.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Sow is a spoiler, but his passing is actually quite underrated, usually he does manage to give it to a team mate and more often it's not sideways or backwards either.

Limited, considering Garner has a similar skill set but is a much better passer, but then, he always looks like he has time on the ball which he really doesn't.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I agree you always need a player like that in the team to do dirty work, but it is frustrating watching any possession we get stutter and stumble because Yates’ passing is so poor.

Like I say, if he starts delivering goals on his promise of late runs into the box, I could probably deal with it.

But I’d like to see a deep-lying playmaker behind him who takes responsibility for starting our attacks and then 3 real pacey threats up front. Maybe a busy “link” type player alongside him like Osborn or Majewski (Krovinovic maybe?).

That way, Yates can concentrate on what he’s good at, hopefully chip in with 8-10 goals a year and let others create the attacks and provide the threat, mainly down the flanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats why I wish we never got rid of Silva, we really have missed a deeper playmaker since he left and him alongside Yates would be a good fit

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    Thats why I wish we never got rid of Silva, we really have missed a deeper playmaker since he left and him alongside Yates would be a good fit
    See I was thinking more Watson. Silva had a propensity to give the ball away in alarmingly dangerous positions for me.

But given his (permanent) replacements, can’t really say we’ve improved much. Cafu about the same level as Silva I reckon, but more of a unit.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I agree you always need a player like that in the team to do dirty work, but it is frustrating watching any possession we get stutter and stumble because Yates’ passing is so poor.

Like I say, if he starts delivering goals on his promise of late runs into the box, I could probably deal with it.

But I’d like to see a deep-lying playmaker behind him who takes responsibility for starting our attacks and then 3 real pacey threats up front. Maybe a busy “link” type player alongside him like Osborn or Majewski (Krovinovic maybe?).

That way, Yates can concentrate on what he’s good at, hopefully chip in with 8-10 goals a year and let others create the attacks and provide the threat, mainly down the flanks.

I think that is our intention for next year.

Garner will be the play-maker from deep, Yates alongside him to add some physicality and legs, and then in front of them a "link" player who provides more deft through balls to the two wingers who will play quite narrow and the striker.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Matchday Squad

If Yates is a starter in our midfield next year we won't be challenging for the pay offs.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    If Yates is a starter in our midfield next year we won't be challenging for the pay offs.
    We won't need to, we'll be comfortably top two.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Garner will be the play-maker from deep, Yates alongside him to add some physicality and legs, and then in front of them a "link" player who provides more deft through balls to the two wingers who will play quite narrow and the striker.
    I agree I think is what Hughton will try to do.

Not sure where his chase of Gosling fitted in, a Yates upgrade maybe?

Finding the deep lying playmaker will be the tough bit I think, if Garner doesn’t return. Workers like Yates are a bit easier to find.

Grenville Morris

I still think we'll get Garner.

He's settled here, well thought of, guaranteed game time under a manager who's been and done it multiple times at this level.

We should be at the front of the queue of Championship clubs, so we're only going to struggle if there's Premier League interest, and I genuinely just can't see it, I don't think he's ready.

More chance of Tonia Garner.

Viv Anderson

More chance of David Johnson.

Viv Anderson

Young player of the season for Lincoln:

Viv Anderson

Funny, I always thought of Robin Hood wearing a Lincoln Green tunic and that led me to think that Lincoln City would play in green shirts.

Viv Anderson

My Great-Grandparents used to have that exact Imp as their door knocker when I was a child.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    My Great-Grandparents used to have that exact Imp as their door knocker when I was a child.
    Funny that, I had a girlfriend once that had knockers shaped exactly like an imp....

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

The problem is however that that trio (including Krovinovic as the deft player) as a three hasn’t worked particularly well. Garner has quality and I’ve no doubt could manage in a promotion season, Krovinovic is tidy but flatters to deceive and Yates is a weak link. I’ve no problem with a big nasty bastard in midfield-in fact until his legs fell off I think Sow did that role very well. Just think we need to upgrade 1 if not 2 of that trio if we are serious about being top 6

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    I had a girlfriend once
    FTFY

First Team

Gary Brazil confirms that Johnson returns to Forest.

Viv Anderson

I fecking hope so

Youth Team

Will be like a new signing :-)

I hope he is given time and a decent chance.

I want to see all the League 1 loan boys given a fair chance actually. Young and hungry players, who now have some more experience and hopefully are ready to make the step up and make us proud.

Viv Anderson

https://twitter.com/firsttimefinish/...519513094?s=20

Viv Anderson

That calmness in front of goal is great to see. It's as if time slows down for him when he's got the ball in the box, a trait which seems to be pretty rare in young wingers/forwards.

Nigel Clough

Contributing to 32 goals in 45 games is an incredible stat for someone so young. Needs tying up on a new contract and given a run in the starting XI next season IMO.

Matchday Squad

What his is contact at the moment

Matchday Squad

Well we can all get a better idea of what's playing like tonight as presumabley he'll play against Sunderland in the play-offs this evening - and lets spare a thought for Jorge Grant who is both Lincoln's top scorer (13) and assister (eight) this season, also directly involved in nine goals in his past 12 league appearances in 2020-21 (six goals, three assists) plus there's Bridcutt who's back after being rested so plenty of reasons to tune in

Last edited by HBB; 19-05-21 at 16:11.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Googler View Post
    What his is contact at the moment
    Via his dad if the offer is amenable enough

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13