Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1150

Thread: Brennan Johnson

      
  1. #726
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    803

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I am supportive of Hughton and not normally one to moan too much about team selections, but Freeman's continued involvement is really frustrating for me. He's not going to be here next season and he doesn't contribute anything now (nor will he in his current shape), so what is the point?
    I agree. I’m not trying to defend Freeman, other than perhaps if we’d seen glimpses of the old boy with the option to get him at a cut price deal but we haven’t so for me it was worth a go but hasn’t worked. On the other side do I see young Alex ripping it up next year in the top 6?. No I don’t. And I love seeing our youngsters making progress as much as anyone...He’s a talented kid but I just don’t see enough yet to put him with the other kids that have hit the heights.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #727

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    I feel like Freemans involvement is probably more related to the loan contract conditions than anything, a lot of the time loan deals have specific clauses in and i wouldn't be surprised if we only have to pay a fraction of Freemans wage when he's played. For a player thats on ~35k a week we probably can't afford to keep him on the bench constantly when we can play him and only pay a fraction of it. I could also be completely wrong but it seems most probable to me


  4. #728
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    I feel like Freemans involvement is probably more related to the loan contract conditions than anything, a lot of the time loan deals have specific clauses in and i wouldn't be surprised if we only have to pay a fraction of Freemans wage when he's played. For a player thats on ~35k a week we probably can't afford to keep him on the bench constantly when we can play him and only pay a fraction of it. I could also be completely wrong but it seems most probable to me
    You'd hope the contract also stated that he should act like a professional athlete, rather than a professional competitive eater but there we go.


  5. #729
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    28,028

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    I doubt we're playing Freeman because the conditions in the loan contract make it cheaper if he plays than doesn't. The reality is we're four points off the drop (assuming Rotherham don't lose all their games in hand), and have been battling relegation for a while. Not playing your strongest team to save £35k each week, when getting relegated would cost us about 200 times that figure, doesn't make sense.

    Far more likely is Hughton wants to play Freeman. Whether that's for his experience, his set pieces or simply because Hughton thinks Freeman is a better option than Mighten, the reality is that he's being chosen on (perceived) merit, not financial considerations.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  6. #730
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,222

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Mighten and a Freeman are different types of player so it’s not entirely fair to say Freeman is blocking him because they do different things.
    I'm sure Mighton eats food too, just not in the same vast quantities.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  7. #731
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,273

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I am supportive of Hughton and not normally one to moan too much about team selections, but Freeman's continued involvement is really frustrating for me. He's not going to be here next season and he doesn't contribute anything now (nor will he in his current shape), so what is the point?
    Takes me back to Lansbury, ultimately he was being picked in the hope the real player would surface at some point.


  8. #732

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I doubt we're playing Freeman because the conditions in the loan contract make it cheaper if he plays than doesn't. The reality is we're four points off the drop (assuming Rotherham don't lose all their games in hand), and have been battling relegation for a while. Not playing your strongest team to save £35k each week, when getting relegated would cost us about 200 times that figure, doesn't make sense.

    Far more likely is Hughton wants to play Freeman. Whether that's for his experience, his set pieces or simply because Hughton thinks Freeman is a better option than Mighten, the reality is that he's being chosen on (perceived) merit, not financial considerations.
    The speculation about why he's being played is because he's delivering the sum total of feck all, and there are players, specifically Mighten, who have produced more, offer more, and their improvement directly benefits this club. So either there are financial inducements to play Freeman, or it's piss poor management. I hope the former, but suspect the latter.


  9. #733
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Takes me back to Lansbury, ultimately he was being picked in the hope the real player would surface at some point.
    Pretty much. Both cases of players being picked on reputation rather than form. Though Lansbury at least managed the odd good game once in a while.

    At least we only signed Freeman on loan rather than on a lengthy contract with a hefty transfer fee. I'll be happy to see the back of him when this season is done. Easily the most disappointing signing of last summer.


  10. #734
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Two goals in five minutes for Lincoln vs MK Dons.


  11. #735
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    17,436

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Hatrick. 10 goals & 11 assists in 35 games. Interesting to see what part he can play next season.


  12. #736
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Hatrick. 10 goals & 11 assists in 35 games. Interesting to see what part he can play next season.
    Great numbers for his first season as a first team player, I'm glad we didn't cut his loan short in January as I think this loan has been fantastic for all parties involved, hopefully the relationship we seem to have with Lincoln continues. Excited to see what he can do next season.


  13. #737
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    8,747

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Been coming for a while this. He’s been getting in the right areas, doing the right things consistently from an attacking POV.


  14. #738
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    17,436

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Been coming for a while this. He’s been getting in the right areas, doing the right things consistently from an attacking POV.
    Do you watch them a lot MXJ?

    What is his all round game like? Is he the Jorge Grant style where he does nothing for the entire game but just puts up decent numbers or does he have more to his game?

    What is his best position? I see he has been played all over the 3 behind a striker. I think he would suit here more if he was out wide.

    Last edited by Rzarecteh; 13-04-21 at 20:57.

  15. #739
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,851

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Johnson scored 2 penalties tonight, one was ruled out and retaken but still.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk


  16. #740
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,453

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Hatrick. 10 goals & 11 assists in 35 games. Interesting to see what part he can play next season.
    It sounds like Forest almost bought him back in January, and I think Hughton rates him. Hopefully in preseason he can really stake a claim for a place in the squad next season.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  17. #741
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    8,747

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Do you watch them a lot MXJ?

    What is his all round game like? Is he the Jorge Grant style where he does nothing for the entire game but just puts up decent numbers or does he have more to his game?

    What is his best position? I see he has been played all over the 3 behind a striker. I think he would suit here more if he was out wide.
    He does do defensive work - he has to given the way Lincoln play - but I think a lot of the ‘going missing’ remarks from Lincoln fans are more due to the players around him not seeing what he sees sometimes. For instance, he usually plays MUCH better with Hopper in the team rather than Morton as they’ve got a great understanding.


  18. #742
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,472

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    It's gonna be a young spine to the squad next season, if worral stays him and mckenna possibly soh, Yates maybe mugane, then possibly carvalho mighten and Johnson. The pace and energy will need to be top class


  19. #743
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,173

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    It's gonna be a young spine to the squad next season, if worral stays him and mckenna possibly soh, Yates maybe mugane, then possibly carvalho mighten and Johnson. The pace and energy will need to be top class
    Luckily, pace and energy tend to be associated with young players.


  20. #744
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    803

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    He does do defensive work - he has to given the way Lincoln play - but I think a lot of the ‘going missing’ remarks from Lincoln fans are more due to the players around him not seeing what he sees sometimes. For instance, he usually plays MUCH better with Hopper in the team rather than Morton as they’ve got a great understanding.
    That may be fair to some extent but theres no doubt he is "hit and miss", like many young players. Its a fanciful stretch to say that's because he's seeing things other players don't. Its league one, not the champions league and work rate/endeavour are always the necessary baseline. He will get better year on year for sure.
    What is laughable is the narrative that somehow he's a wonderkid destined for prem stardom in the next 2 years as his daft dad and other similar plonkers are pushing. Hes miles off that...


  21. #745
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    14,222

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Has Johnson more chance of playing for us next season than Garner has for Man Utd? I'd say yes. I bet Lincoln fans are having similar conversations to us about their loaned players.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk


  22. #746
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Has Johnson more chance of playing for us next season than Garner has for Man Utd? I'd say yes. I bet Lincoln fans are having similar conversations to us about their loaned players.

    Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    From the Guardian's BTL comments on the EFL round up this morning:

    "Well what a way to end such a dire run from Lincoln. Admittedly the first half wasn't great, but the second half was incredible. MK Dons just got blown away, and it's all thanks to Brennan Johnson. What a player, I doubt Nottingham will loan him back next season, but no doubt he's been instrumental"l.


  23. #747
    First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,706

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    He'll do fine as a winger, with his pace and his goals will be useful.He'll hopefully replace knockaert.

    Last edited by marshal99; 14-04-21 at 09:53.

  24. #748
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    If he weren't already our player we would be suggesting we sign him.

    Mighten and Johnson either side of a decent new striker should be good. Lolley and Sammy waiting in the wings. Just need to ensure we have a midfield which can provide them with good ball, both into feet and also in behind the opposition back line.


  25. #749
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,794

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    It'll be a joy to watch someone making darting runs into decent positions and actually having the confidence to have a goal. As opposed to 30+ year olds running around like they are dragging a dead horse.


  26. #750
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Posts
    2,800

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    I saw his 3 goals on Sky last night and can't wait for him to be playing for us next season. This is a loan that has worked out well for both him and us.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •