Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219
Results 5,451 to 5,467 of 5467

Thread: Mark Warburton

Default Re: Mark Warburton

I think you might be being trolled. If you look back at who has bumped this thread to kick-start debate on a manager who left in 2017, for three out of the last four there's been one man pulling the strings. Classic Alf.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I think you might be being trolled. If you look back at who has bumped this thread to kick-start debate on a manager who left in 2017, for three out of the last four there's been one man pulling the strings. Classic Alf.
    Who??

Nigel Clough

That Warburton side wasn't exactly full of goals really. Selective memories I think.

Nigel Clough

As I mentioned in another thread, I think Frank McParland is more to blame for how Warburton's time here panned out, that summer transfer window really let him down. Warburton (without McParland) has done some good business in the transfer market at QPR and is doing a good job there.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    That Warburton side wasn't exactly full of goals really. Selective memories I think.
    1.222 goals per game average. Extrapolate over a season and we would have scored 20 more goals than we did this campaign

Edit: And the remainder of the season after he was sacked was 0.9 goals per game average (and that includes a one off 5 goal tonking vs QPR which accounts for 27% of the goals scored under Karanka that second half of the season ).

Last edited by MaxiRobriguez; 09-05-21 at 14:21.
    .k I m
    I m u mm

Matchday Squad

Just to put all this love in into perspective. A very poor Forest squad tore them to pieces a few weeks ago

Got to let them have it. This is the end of season celebration for Team Warbs.

"Can you hear Team Karanka sing?..."

Let nobody ever say the Forest fanbase is fractured.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    1.222 goals per game average. Extrapolate over a season and we would have scored 20 more goals than we did this campaign

Edit: And the remainder of the season after he was sacked was 0.9 goals per game average (and that includes a one off 5 goal tonking vs QPR which accounts for 27% of the goals scored under Karanka that second half of the season ).
    56 goals a season, in other words, similar to QPR this (57).

Brentford and Norwich got 79 and 75 this season, would probably end up having us top 10, but obviously, you'd need the defence as well. With Warburton sides (they also let in 55) they will usually score a few and let in as many if not more. We conceded 10 fewer than QPR this season, if you don't concede you don't lose, and if you score but don't concede you win, once you've conceded 1 you need to score yourselves to get anything.

Which is why most successful teams have a solid defence and slightly above average scoring.

Ian Storey-Moore

Wasn't James Tavernier linked with us under Warburton, but we didn't sign him because his agent was related to Warburton?

Shame, he's just captained Rangers to an invincible 102 point season scoring 19 goals from right back!

Last edited by garibaldi; 15-05-21 at 14:41.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

We scored more goals per game under Karanka's time here than we did MW.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    We scored more goals per game under Karanka's time here than we did MW.
    Not a surprise when MW had 6m to spend total and AK spent 6M on Grabban.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

When people meet someone new, do you tell them whether you're Warbs or Karanka? Or do you think it one of those religion/politics style taboo subjects?

Viv Anderson

Wark Warbuton vs Dougie Freedman

MW = 1.3 points per game DF = 1.28 points per game

MW = 1.35 goals per game DF = 1.25 goals per game

MW = 1.62 goals conceded per game DF = 1.19 goals per game

So Mark Warbuton scores 5 more goals a season yet lets in a shed load but he averages more points so he has done a better job. However you must take into context that Freedman lost Antonio and Assombalonga and he wasnt allowed to spend a penny.

Warbuton lost Assombalonga halfway into his tenure and was allowed to spend money and spent 6 million on players.

So although you are correct that Aitor Karanka got more to spend if you compare to Freedman who is universally seen as abysmal not my opinion but the majority opinion than Warburton by that measure looks extremely average.

Grenville Morris

Dougie gets a bad rep because his side played dull football and he came in after a genuine Forest legend who had us top of the league months prior to his arrival.

His season in which he lost Britt and Antonio and we stumbled to a mid-table finish wasn't a bad one, just an entirely forgettable one. If Warburton had a full season his would have broadly been the same.

Neither manager had the resources to achieve the demands of the owners at the time.

Viv Anderson

Past managers are gone, over with, finished. Most ultimately failed, so I move on.

Can never really understand these endless discussions about the merits of past managers.

Mind you, I do have the sort of brain that deals only with today, yesterday has gone, forgotten and tomorrow might not happen, so enjoy the here and now. Which is why I need events to twig memories.

Viv Anderson

QPR's season ticket sales highest since 2010/11

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    QPR's season ticket sales highest since 2010/11
    They've got a good feeling he's building something.