Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 136 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3447
  1. #3376
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,405

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Beckham of Chile

    Starring in the Pepsi Ad in Chile




  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3377

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Beckham of Chile

    Starring in the Pepsi Ad in Chile

    Well that's Blackburn getting some extra revenue from some Chile fans this year

    "Vrentroz rule of football business number 33. If you're gonna sell players, sell your most marketable ones"


  4. #3378
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    I think it was obvious when we sold him he was likely to become a Chilean international player.


  5. #3379
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    7,881

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdooonk View Post
    I think it was obvious when we sold him he was likely to become a Chilean international player.
    Yeah come on, we should defo have inserted the "2m payable after 10 caps for Chile" into the sale.


  6. #3380
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    18,442

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    He has become a proper cult hero over there


  7. #3381
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28,695

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Fair play to him, that's a great gig


  8. #3382
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,132

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    I love the way he says chacarero about 8 times slower than every other word. I wonder how takes that shot took?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #3383
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58035723

    Changed his second name at club level as well.


  10. #3384
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,213

    Default Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilson View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58035723

    Changed his second name at club level as well.
    Brilliant, love to see that.

    Hes absolutely embracing his Chilean heritage, and why the hell not!

    Good for him.

    Last edited by Strummer; 07-08-21 at 18:12.
    I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism

    Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.

    Joe Strummer

  11. #3385
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    18,442

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Seems like the whole Chile thing could really give him a platform to have a good season.

    EDIT: as he misses an open goal

    Last edited by Rzarecteh; 07-08-21 at 16:55.

  12. #3386
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,142

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Ha!!! I say you can keep your faux Chilean - there's a new kid in town - the scorer of Panama's goal in their 1-1 draw with Mexico, drum roll please...... Rolando Blackburn....


  13. #3387

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Hat-trick for Blackburn yesterday. He's now joint top scorer with 7 goals in 9 champ games, highlights from the game.....




  14. #3388
    Senior doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    23,552

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Hat-trick for Blackburn yesterday. He's now joint top scorer with 7 goals in 9 champ games, highlights from the game.....

    Isn't it funny: a young lad shows promise at an early age.
    Goes on to play a few games for forest 1st team.
    Forest think he isn't really good enough and accept a paltry 7 million for him.
    Forest fans gleefully mock the club that bought him (we robbed 'em blind).
    Takes a couple of years to begin to realise the potential he showed when 17 .
    Now he's worth 8 figures as a reliable goal scorer, while we have struggled to actually score.
    Lesson to be learned here?


  15. #3389
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    7,363

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Not really. For every player we sell at above market value one is bound to come good/have a purple patch.



    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

    <<Rimaniamo distanti oggi per abbracciarci con pi calore e correre pi veloci doman>>

  16. #3390
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    99,213

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Not really. For every player we sell at above market value one is bound to come good/have a purple patch.



    Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. And also, one Forest sell for a similar price could disappear into obscurity - like Arvin Appiah.


  17. #3391
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,515

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Exactly. And also, one Forest sell for a similar price could disappear into obscurity - like Arvin Appiah.
    Or Ollie Burke.


  18. #3392

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Up to the start of this season selling him was a great deal for Forest.
    We should maybe wait to see if his current form persists before declaring we made a terrible error.


  19. #3393
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,006

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    We were selling potential, just as we were with Burke, Appiah, Lascelles and Darlow. When you’re selling potential the buying club are paying for a future possibility but with plenty of uncertainty too. Some work out some don’t. That possibility is reflected in the price, and 7m was a good price at the time.

    Also, we don’t know which of those players wanted to leave. The rumour was that BB was unhappy at not being first choice striker after Grabban signed and asked to leave. He’d been a regular starter after AK first arrived. If a player wants to leave it’s always best to sell them ASAP.

    The sales of Lacelles and Darlow are the ones I would question - 8m for the pair obviously wasn’t a good deal for two players who’ve regularly turned out for an EPL club ever since.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  20. #3394
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    18,442

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    We were selling potential, just as we were with Burke, Appiah, Lascelles and Darlow. When you’re selling potential the buying club are paying for a future possibility but with plenty of uncertainty too. Some work out some don’t. That possibility is reflected in the price, and 7m was a good price at the time.

    Also, we don’t know which of those players wanted to leave. The rumour was that BB was unhappy at not being first choice striker after Grabban signed and asked to leave. He’d been a regular starter after AK first arrived. If a player wants to leave it’s always best to sell them ASAP.

    The sales of Lacelles and Darlow are the ones I would question - 8m for the pair obviously wasn’t a good deal for two players who’ve regularly turned out for an EPL club ever since.
    We had just signed Grabban and he wanted to be main striker here (after being the main striker in the longest goal drought in the clubs history).

    How can anybody realistically say it was a mistake to sell him. It made sense then and it still makes sense now. Just like selling Walker did, until he scores 4 goals in 5 games one month and people complain at the club for selling him.


  21. #3395
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,515

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    We had just signed Grabban and he wanted to be main striker here (after being the main striker in the longest goal drought in the clubs history).

    How can anybody realistically say it was a mistake to sell him. It made sense then and it still makes sense now. Just like selling Walker did, until he scores 4 goals in 5 games one month and people complain at the club for selling him.
    Difficult to argue with any of that.


  22. #3396
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cotgrave
    Posts
    1,531

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    Let's just wait and see how many he's scored come May before we all start slitting our wrists


  23. #3397
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    43,006

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    He was largely anonymous when we played them.


  24. #3398
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,136

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    It's confidence. He was always a pretty good striker, but somehow lost his mojo here.

    Had a couple of decent games for the Chileans and he's now Brereton Diaz and going great guns.0

    It's a funny old game.


  25. #3399
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,705

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    We basically swapped him for Grabban. And Grabban has been our best striker in about 12 years.

    It's hard to slate the club for this one.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  26. #3400
    Grenville Morris
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,118

    Default Re: Ben Brereton Daz

    He is not our player, why should I ACTUALLY care.

    The only thing I like about him is the novelty factor of him being white and playing for Chile on one random weekend.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •