Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 383 of 398 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 9941

Thread: The demise of Wayne Rooney's, Schteeve McLaren's Abu Dhabi County!

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's, Schteeve McLaren's Abu Dhabi County!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Also, how many times do you see caretakers get jobs permanently and it goes to shit.

They should have just kept him interim until they were safe (or relegated).
    Probably less often than you'd think (if you accept that the vast majority of managers positions ultimately end in 'failure').
    I would suggest Solskjaer, as a long term caretaker has been successful since getting the gig permanently (and being afforded the precious commodity of time has now started to yield results). He will undoubtedly be sacked in the end though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hope this serves as a timely reminder to those idiots who gob off about EM or who (wrongly) think he's a shit owner and want him gone.

We're extremely lucky to have an owner that digs deep into his pockets and is genuinely trying to progress us on and off the field. Let's not forget what an absolute shitshow and mess the club was in under Fawaz.

Time to sit back and enjoy the shitshow that horrible slimey bastard Mel Morris is creating.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

https://youtu.be/AOtQq7jyZE4

After a typically Rooney-esque performance on the biggest stage (i.e. he was useless) he had these kind words to say about fans who expressed their displeasure, after they had saved for probably years to afford the sort of cost that's chump change out of a week of Rooney's pay.

You won't see Sky putting that in their Rooney love-in video any time soon.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

The thing about Mel Morris is, he's got one of those faces you just wanna slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    We're extremely lucky to have an owner that digs deep into his pockets
    As I've often said, you should consider yourselves lucky that you do NOT have an owner that digs deep into his pockets. Clubs that run into financial problems are, in the long run, the ones who spend more than they can afford. Big spender owners tend to mortgage the future of the club.

By British standards, EM has not spent an inordinate amount of his money, and that, in my mind, is a good thing.

Forever, My Lady

Hahaha excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

Brilliant work there alf.

Almost too good, Wooney’s hair looks too realistic there...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1965 View Post
    Almost too good, Wooney’s hair looks too realistic there...
    Should have done it as it was when Rooney had that ridiculous "it's not been dyed at all" beard

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Hope this serves as a timely reminder to those idiots who gob off about EM or who (wrongly) think he's a shit owner and want him gone.

We're extremely lucky to have an owner that digs deep into his pockets and is genuinely trying to progress us on and off the field. Let's not forget what an absolute shitshow and mess the club was in under Fawaz.

Time to sit back and enjoy the shitshow that horrible slimey bastard Mel Morris is creating.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Exactly mate, Mel is a massive "derby fan" as well.

I think critism of our recruitment recently has been valid but overall we are in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Reminds me a bit of the squad we had when we stayed up on the last day of the season, the likes of Osborn, Cash, Worrall, Brereton were coming through and probably played more games than they should've done that season (out of necessity). Key difference is we had Britt come back to fitness and score 14 goals, they haven't got that goal scorer.
    I said that to my old man yesterday, massive similarities.

Leading up to it as well. We were under embargo for a long time and were on a downwards trend for a long time, Mel has been lying this whole time about building a long term vision for the club - it was a smokescreen for lack of investment while he tries to sell.

This great creation has already appeared on Twitter. I hope you've watermarked it Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye, I remember the famous 'penalty spot' incident.
    What penalty spot?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    What penalty spot?
    Exactly.

Also, it's in Mel's best interest to drag this takeover on if he knows it's not happening.

It is what Mike Ashley does as well, it stops them spending their own money in January window.

Ambassador Alf. You spoil us with these memes.

I wonder how much Mel has spent during his tenure, to have them sit in the relegation zone

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Also, it's in Mel's best interest to drag this takeover on if he knows it's not happening.

It is what Mike Ashley does as well, it stops them spending their own money in January window.
    I'm not sure it is in his interest. Derby are in the bottom three, look shit and need *something* to change to help them get over the line and survive.

Having Mel hanging around with no players brought in in January for them is akin to warming up the fat lady.

He either needs to flog now, or if he's not happy with the offers received, then he needs to invest something to ensure they're still a Championship club next year, otherwise his asset is seriously devalued.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I'm not sure it is in his interest. Derby are in the bottom three, look shit and need *something* to change to help them get over the line and survive.

Having Mel hanging around with no players brought in in January for them is akin to warming up the fat lady.

He either needs to flog now, or if he's not happy with the offers received, then he needs to invest something to ensure they're still a Championship club next year, otherwise his asset is seriously devalued.
    As things stand he is selling a League One club anyway, if the delay in a takeover isn't to do with the Sheikh actually having no money, it's more than likely him trying to reduce the price because the chances are he's buying a League One club.

If I recall Marinakis' takeover was confirmed when we stayed up, as the price was probably dependent on that.

Mel hasn't properly invested since under Rowett in 2017, chances are he's not going to start now.

I can honestly say I wouldn't be too upset if they went down.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Living where I live, I'd throw a party like it was 1999 (covid allowing)

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I would be delighted. I dunno why people would be so sad to see them go.

Fuck em. The way they have been these last 5 years they deserve everything coming to them.

HE HAS US ALL ON STRINGS !!!!

Even if they weren't our rivals I'd want them to go down. The way that club has conducted themselves since Mel Morris took over has been absolutely disgraceful, made even worse by many of their fans cheerleading said behaviour.

Unfortunately I think they'll find a way to weasel their way out of trouble, but if they do go down I doubt many fans from clubs across the football league will shed a tear.