Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 398 of 398 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398
Results 9,926 to 9,941 of 9941

Thread: The demise of Wayne Rooney's, Schteeve McLaren's Abu Dhabi County!

Upper Decker

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's, Schteeve McLaren's Abu Dhabi County!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    It's an interesting shuffle as if Mel does manage to sell the club in the future then Derby will get a lower bid price (as the stadium isn't their's) but the buyer will presumably buy the stadium from Mel. But the lower bid price of selling the club won't impact on Derby's FFP in that season whenever it is, as it's neither revenue or a cost on Derby's books.

Given Derby got away with it, I fully expect a lot of clubs to do similar in the future. Probably a wait and see this season in regards to FFP - the pro-rata £13m might get waived due to Coronavirus, but next season it's unlikely to be and so you'll have a lot of clubs with fewer fans in (as not everyone will be vaccinated/feel comfortable going to a stadium) and so the pressure to raise revenue will be large.
    Villa and Sheff Wed also sold their stadia to their owners. In the formers case it helped them hang on to Jack Grealish and achieve promotion. It wasn't a case of getting away with it because the EFL relaxed the rules when they changed the P&S regulations in 2016. Prior to that profit from the sale of stadia was excluded. Villa, Sheff W and Derby did nothing wrong. If the EFL didn't want them to sell fixed assets to raise cash they shouldn't have changed the rules. Why did the EFL relax the rules? My best guess is that it was incompetence, but who knows.

Yet another demonstration that all FFP/P&S rules have achieved so far is a multi million pound windfall for all the lawyers and accountants who've dealt with the extra bureaucracy.

Last edited by Ravi; 26-02-21 at 13:11.
    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Derby’s game plan seems to be knock the ball about between the 2 CB’s and the keeper for 5 mins before either hoofing the ball long into touch or it get pinched by the other team and you get broke on. Cardiff should be 2-3 up by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    Derby’s game plan seems to be knock the ball about between the 2 CB’s and the keeper for 5 mins before either hoofing the ball long into touch or it get pinched by the other team and you get broke on. Cardiff should be 2-3 up by now.

I reckon Derby will get back into it and win 1-1

I’ll wait for the fireworks being set off again here - no joke after Fridays game there were fireworks set off

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    I’ll wait for the fireworks being set off again here - no joke after Fridays game there were fireworks set off

We had them in Findern too.

4-0

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    We had them in Findern too.
    It was over that way I live at the new estate on Kingsway

According to Rooney they were resting players, before the big game on Saturday with........Coventry.

Upper Decker

Cardiff 27% possession, 11 shots on target, 4 goals.

Derby's aimless and impotent keep ball approach in full effect.

I watched the 1st half before we kicked off and that was basically it! They knocked the ball between the back 3 for a bit on the edge of their own box without going anywhere Cardiff pinched it and scored. And repeat.

Looks like Mel is looking to sell off what he can. Takeover still going through?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

13th Duke of Wybourne

Cheeky bid to puss them off? I don't want him, as I don't think he's that good.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by OK SpidermAndy! View Post
    Cheeky bid to puss them off? I don't want him, as I don't think he's that good.
    Aye... over rated in my opinion. He's only had one decent game for the 5haggers.

He's got a face full of Randolphs the soap dodging sheepshagger

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    He's got a face full of Randolphs the soap dodging sheepshagger
    Tbf he is only like about 13. Albino II as well lol