Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 501 of 513 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 12810

Thread: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeovers!

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Good time to play them early at the end of August then?
    Yep. Even with the current squad I think we'll fucking batter them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nigel Clough

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Yep. Even with the current squad I think we'll fucking batter them.
    We'd probably dominate the game, though I don't think we have it in us to batter anyone. 1-1 written all over it, another late equaliser from them coming from someone shit like Ravel Morrison.

Wally Ardron

I think we have to be careful here, or it may come back to bite us.

It's bad enough losing to Derby under normal circumstances, but if they beat us with a team of OAP's, kids and crocks, we'll never hear the last of it, and they will be hiring planes with banners and all sorts of similar things.

I know it not quite the same, but remember the "siege mentality" that Leeds United adopted when they were deducted 10 points in one season, got relegated, and got 15 points deducted the following season, but still managed to come 5th and reach the play-offs.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post

It's bad enough losing to Derby under normal circumstances, but if they beat us with a team of OAP's, kids and crocks, we'll never hear the last of it, and they will be hiring planes with banners and all sorts of similar things.

I know it not quite the same, but remember the "siege mentality" that Leeds United adopted when they were deducted 10 points in one season, got relegated, and got 15 points deducted the following season, but still managed to come 5th and reach the play-offs.
    I don't think they'd have that "us against the world" mentality that Leeds had (purely because they have a manager who couldn't motivate a starving person to come along to an all you can eat buffet) but they always raise their game against us, we are their cup final after all.

Also whilst we obviously have more squad depth than them, we shouldn't kid ourselves that our current starting XI is a million miles away from theirs in terms of quality (or lack of). If we sign 5 or 6 quality players before the game then we might give them a good hiding, but as things stand at the moment we'd be looking at a close game between two crap teams.

Upper Decker

The match away at their place was one of our best performances last season. Even the Derby fans I've spoken to admit they can't understand how we didn't win that game.

I'd fancy us to beat them even with our current squad.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The match away at their place was one of our best performances last season. Even the Derby fans I've spoken to admit they can't understand how we didn't win that game.

I'd fancy us to beat them even with our current squad.
    In a way, it was also the match that exposed our main problems; our inability to kill a game off when we are on top and our tendency to concede goals at crucial moments. We dominated the game, but ultimately I didn't think we did enough to say we deserved to win.

I'm not sure I'd back our current squad to beat anyone in this league to be honest, and they'd probably see our current side as a rare opportunity to get some points on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    We'd probably dominate the game, though I don't think we have it in us to batter anyone. 1-1 written all over it, another late equaliser from them coming from someone shit like Ravel Morrison.
    Mighten hat-trick for me

(Checks PM's & Twitter to make sure we haven't just sold Mighten)

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 21-07-21 at 12:45.

Unless things change for either of us, it'll almost certainly be another turgid draw between two crap teams (though we will probably be slight favourites).
    This.

There's been a bevy of classic East Mids derby turgid draws between these two crap teams over the last fifteen years. Mostly on TV so the whole country will recognise it now as the biannual Div Two Midtable Cup Final.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Mighten hat-trick for me

(Checks PM's & Twitter to make sure we haven't just sold Mighten)
    I think.the chances of Forest scoring 3 goals in a match (let alone one of our players scoring 3!) is incredibly slim. I'd happily take a scrappy 1-0 win with the goal coming off Figueiredo's arse, but you just know its going to be 1-1 again.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    This.

There's been a bevy of classic East Mids derby turgid draws between these two crap teams over the last fifteen years. Mostly on TV so the whole country will recognise it now as the biannual Div Two Midtable Cup Final.
    It's the El Crapico of English football derbies. Why anyone who doesn't support either team would choose to tune in is beyond me.

Upper Decker

I’d take a draw. It would stretch our unbeaten run against them to 9 matches and nearly 4 years

https://twitter.com/sincederby/statu...506234885?s=21

It's all about mid-table...

It's the El Crapico of English football derbies. Why anyone who doesn't support either team would choose to tune in is beyond me.
    Aye, thuv bin crap for years.

First Team

Here we go folks, BetFred are offering 7/4 on them to be relegated.. https://www.betfred.com/sports/event/20033080.2

If I had more money I'd lump on

Might only spare a couple hundred quid this time

7/4 amazing

Bookies are never far away.

Viv Anderson

Outright football betting odds are so shit nowadays aren't they.

Forest are 5/1 to get promoted.

Derby are only 16/1 and they have about 8 players.

You can only double your money if Forest finish in the playoffs.

Matchday Squad

If Mel puts £40 million on and they go down, it clears their debt…

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    If Mel puts £40 million on and they go down, it clears their debt…
    He’d have to sell half of Pride Park again to finance the bet though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    He’d have to sell half of Pride Park again to finance the bet though
    I'm sure they can invent a new accounting method to smooth that over.

Inequity & hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post
    This in spades, all the while this saga has been running I’ve had a nagging feeling they would end up beating us in August, it’s the Forest way

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1965 View Post
    This in spades, all the while this saga has been running I’ve had a nagging feeling they would end up beating us in August, it’s the Forest way
    Oh aye, we've always been very accommodating to those in peril.

Inequity & hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Oh aye, we've always been very accommodating to those in peril.
    Usually kickstarting some team’s season after they’ve been languishing at the bottom of the league for months…

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn View Post
    Here we go folks, BetFred are offering 7/4 on them to be relegated.. https://www.betfred.com/sports/event/20033080.2

If I had more money I'd lump on

Might only spare a couple hundred quid this time
    Had £50 on that easy money

Grenville Morris

Matchday Squad

Let’s not get carried away - as Forest fans we aren’t allowed nice things.

They will get away with it and then go and win the league knowing our luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Long-serving Craig 'Fossie' Forsyth to replace Buchanan then