Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 443 of 473 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,075 of 11825

Thread: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeover!

Grenville Morris

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeover!

Other thing re: Sheff Weds is that many of them are out of contract and their game against Derby is their final game to showcase their "talents" if they want to find another club in summer. The game is the main game on Sky.

They've been in the bottom three all season. I really don't think a Rotherham win is going to "demotivate" them anymore than they have been all season. It could go the other way, an almost-certain relegation might give them the freedom on the pitch to enjoy the game and play better.

.k I m
    I m u mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeover!

I can imagine a situation where they start the game needing a six goal swing (which, as we know, is not impossible....even when there's only twenty minutes to go), so race into a two goal lead before any pressure kicks in.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Who knows? But for the last two relegations we've suffered we relegated Gillingham and Blackburn after we had been dire all season and our relegation had already been confirmed.

Anyway, if Wednesday can put five past Cardiff, they can put five past Derby.
    I was at that game where we sent Blackburn down in 99' I think we won 1-0 and only had 10 men? All the Forest lads doing the conga down the front of the away stand in the second half for about 30 mins is one of my fave away day memories all chanting "you're coming down with the Forest"

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Other thing re: Sheff Weds is that many of them are out of contract and their game against Derby is their final game to showcase their "talents" if they want to find another club in summer. The game is the main game on Sky.

They've been in the bottom three all season. I really don't think a Rotherham win is going to "demotivate" them anymore than they have been all season. It could go the other way, an almost-certain relegation might give them the freedom on the pitch to enjoy the game and play better.
    You could also look at that as they don't really care about keeping the club up as they are off anyway.

Cliche but there is lots of permutations but it'll come down to who wants it more. Personally I would love Rotherham to stay up, they are shit but at least they give it there all in games.

Shoot to Thrill

I love all these far-fetched theories as to how and why teams will play on the last day

I think my favourite was Mick McCarthy being from south Yorkshire so would want to beat Rotherham in order to help Wednesday

You can't predict anything in the crazy world of last day football. Just enjoy the show.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by forestzoe View Post
    Outcomes, nicked from elsewhere so haven't checked it

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    Pretty much the same amount of "going down" scenarios as "staying up", it's going to be a cracking last day at the bottom.

Last edited by Farmer Jack; 04-05-21 at 12:24.

Viv Anderson

I want Rotherham to win tonight, purely because it will take survival out of Derby's hands.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Default The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County and their hilarious failed takeover!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I love all these far-fetched theories as to how and why teams will play on the last day

I think my favourite was Mick McCarthy being from south Yorkshire so would want to beat Rotherham in order to help Wednesday

You can't predict anything in the crazy world of last day football. Just enjoy the show.
    This is what I mean. Take what you can while you can. Derby in the bottom 3 before the last game of the season is good for me, regardless of anything else that might or might not happen.

They’ve won about 1 game in 13 or something. Form book says if they start the game in the zone, they will probably end the day there.

As Project Zeus says, take it out of their hands. We know how gut-wrenching that is when you’ve lost control of your own destiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I want Rotherham to win tonight, purely because it will take survival out of Derby's hands.

“OK, now is the time for you to know the meaning of Project Zeus. The meaning of Project Zeus is: why can't Rotherham win both remaining games?”

“I don't know Alan, thousands of reasons, but also kind of... none. But won't Derby kick up a shit-storm?”

Matchday Squad

Dream for me is Rotherham win tonight.

Derby beat Wednesday 1-0 with Rotherham drawing 0-0... Then..... a big CB for The Millers pops up with a towering far post header in the 95th min sending Derby down on Goal Difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    You could possibly be right Ashley, so that's why I'm making hay whilst the sun is shining over Pride Park.

Moments like this don't happen that often, so I'm filling my boots. Should Derby get relegated, I'll be on a totally different planet come Saturday teatime.

If they survive, at least we've enjoyed their misery.

Enjoy the ride pal, whether it's long or short.
    I don't fancy visiting Uranus personally Rockabilly.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    Dream for me is Rotherham win tonight.

Derby beat Wednesday 1-0 with Rotherham drawing 0-0... Then..... a big CB for The Millers pops up with a towering far post header in the 95th min sending Derby down on Goal Difference.
    It would be amazing to see the Derby players celebrating thinking they've secured safety at full-time, only for them to then find out that Rotherham have scored a late winner to send them down. The instant change from joy to despair would be legendary!

Grenville Morris

Real shame Rotherham have been just as bad as Derby. 5 points from their last 10 games.

If they'd have been marginally less shit, and still got a relegation guaranteeing form tally of 8 points from 10 games, then Derby would be in bottom three already and Rotherham would just need to win either of their last two games to send Derby down.

First Team

Derby are going to drop into the bottom 3 this week and then get a draw vs Sheffield Wednesday to scrape safety. The national press will then be noshing Rooney off for masterminding their‘great escape’

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post

Anything but a defeat for Rotherham is a good thing tonight really.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Real shame Rotherham have been just as bad as Derby. 5 points from their last 10 games.

If they'd have been marginally less shit, and still got a relegation guaranteeing form tally of 8 points from 10 games, then Derby would be in bottom three already and Rotherham would just need to win either of their last two games to send Derby down.
    It's alright, it's more painful this way. If Rotherham had picked up points already it would have given Derby fans time to digest it.

Matchday Squad

Or Wednesday win 8-0

Matchday Squad

Just because it will be funny.

But I agree I think they will stay up by the skin of their teeth and the press will Hail Rooney as a god for keeping them up.

I haven't seen anyone really in the press giving him pelters? Any other manager who had won 1 game in 13 and lost 6 on the bounce would be getting a hard time.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    I don't fancy visiting Uranus personally Rockabilly.

I'll sleep better in my bed tonight knowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post

I'll sleep better in my bed tonight knowing this.
    Indeed.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    Or Wednesday win 8-0
    If we’re going for outlandish results I’d rather Wycombe won 12-0 to send all 3 of them down

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    If we’re going for outlandish results I’d rather Wycombe won 12-0 to send all 3 of them down

Upper Decker

Ha yes.

All of the bottom four could finish on the same points. Wycombe 4th from botttom would be the dream ending.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Wally Ardron

Didn’t Forest win by that margin on the last match of the season to relegate Leicester Fosse sometime in the early 1900’s?

Edit: or did Forest win by that margin to avoid relegation?

Last edited by virgo; 04-05-21 at 15:32.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    It would be amazing to see the Derby players celebrating thinking they've secured safety at full-time, only for them to then find out that Rotherham have scored a late winner to send them down. The instant change from joy to despair would be legendary!
    The Shaggers love a celebration don’t they. Remember the scenes when they knocked Accrington Stanley out the cup the other year.