Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 732 of 814 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782 ... LastLast
Results 18,276 to 18,300 of 20342

Thread: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

      
  1. #18276
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,873

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    One way Derby could get some funds would be for the other Championship clubs to put some money into a pot to give to them on condition that they keep Tom Lawrence.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #18277
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    19,233

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Just having a look on their forum and they are talking about getting the guy from One Direction to crowd fund amongst his followers to pay off the creditors


  4. #18278
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    888

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Just having a look on their forum and they are talking about getting the guy from One Direction to crowd fund amongst his followers to pay off the creditors
    There's only one direction they're heading


  5. #18279
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,819

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    If only we’d got Su Pollard to have a whip round instead of selling Wes Morgan and Patrick Bamford when we were up shit creek


  6. #18280
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,377

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Just having a look on their forum and they are talking about getting the guy from One Direction to crowd fund amongst his followers to pay off the creditors
    Also suggesting actor Jack O'Connell gets some of his Hollywood chums to club together and help out - I would suggest they try and sell the rights to the story and make a film about it but disaster movies are really out of fashion...


  7. #18281
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)




  8. #18282
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,742

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Oh I agree that we have a few idiots in our fanbase (as does every club) and there's no way the EFL could have known about Fawaz without the benefit of hindsight.

    However with Derby it seems to be far more than just a handful of idiots. The minority seems to be the people who actually do see the situation for what it is, and are largely spoken down to or dismissed as being too "negative" by most of their fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I don't ever recall us being like derby fans are now, you will get the odd moans but in the whole we knew we were in the wrong
    Tbh who knows how we would react, impossible to say. We have our fair share of idiots so it would all be pure speculation.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk


  9. #18283
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club

    First post, but long term member. Just seen this on the sheeps forum. Oh well.


  10. #18284
    Gaff Lad
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On the Fairground.
    Posts
    26,251

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)




  11. #18285
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    9,731

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyfoxsdreamball View Post
    https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club

    First post, but long term member. Just seen this on the sheeps forum. Oh well.
    So it is the Wycombe and Boro cases that need to be resolved before Derby can be sold?

    Wycombes owner was on a price of football podcast recently and he did not sound like a man with sympathy for the sheep shagging fans.


  12. #18286
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,742

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Won't be able to prove funds until a few weeks time, that means they ain't singing anyone this month and are more likely to lose players.

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk


  13. #18287

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Nightmare on Ermmm Street.


  14. #18288
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belper
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    As much as I hate the scruffy bastards what sort of precedent does this set for the EFL everyone suing each other every season for some perceived wrong doing. Are refs the next to be sued for incorrect decisions by teams relegated or miss out on promotion


  15. #18289

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    As much as I hate the scruffy bastards what sort of precedent does this set for the EFL everyone suing each other every season for some perceived wrong doing. Are refs the next to be sued for incorrect decisions by teams relegated or miss out on promotion
    Not the same.

    One is someone trying to the best of their ability to follow the laws of the game. Human error creeps in and they make a mistake.

    The other is someone trying to the best of their ability to dodge/decieve/bend and break the laws of the game, no mistakes are made. It's all intentional.

    Refereeing mistakes are an unfortunate thing that occurs, that everyone in the game is trying to remove. Clubs, governing bodies, refereeing bodies, the individual referees themselves, all want there to be no ref mistakes.

    Mel Morris acted against all members of the league, governing bodies, and all regulation.

    Last edited by Player-12; 14-01-22 at 20:40.

  16. #18290
    First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    8,667

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    As much as I hate the scruffy bastards what sort of precedent does this set for the EFL everyone suing each other every season for some perceived wrong doing. Are refs the next to be sued for incorrect decisions by teams relegated or miss out on promotion
    Keith Stroud would be living under a sheet in the subways in town...


  17. #18291
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,981

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    As much as I hate the scruffy bastards what sort of precedent does this set for the EFL everyone suing each other every season for some perceived wrong doing. Are refs the next to be sued for incorrect decisions by teams relegated or miss out on promotion
    This whole case could easily destroy the useless FA and EFL-who are basically incompetent quangos.
    I can see no future for the game if clubs are suing and counter suing each other-I think the EFL board(Randall
    included)should grow a pair of massive bollocks and tell Middlesbrough and Wycombe to sue separately after
    the Derby takeover goes through.
    I don’t think the takeover should be held up by clubs pursuing a case which would nearly certainly fail in
    a court of law(I very much doubt it would go that far).


  18. #18292
    A. Trialist
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    As much as I hate the scruffy bastards what sort of precedent does this set for the EFL everyone suing each other every season for some perceived wrong doing. Are refs the next to be sued for incorrect decisions by teams relegated or miss out on promotion
    If it were 'normal' times for Direby, they could just challenge the claims against them. Apparently, neither Boro or Wycombe are likely to succeed. The problem for them is two fold. Firstly the challenge takes time (and money) which is something the administrators don't have. Secondly, if the potential new owner accepts the risk and loses any damages awarded against them would have to be treated as a football debt according to the EFL and paid in full. Worst case this would cost £50m. If it isn't paid they lose their 'Golden Share' and would be kicked out of the league. The administrators need the issue settled but I can't see that happening until after the transfer window as I'm sure both clubs want to do as much damage to them as possible. Ironically their recent good performance has probably strengthened Boro and Wycombes resolve (plus the EFL) as if they don't get relegated it will seem as if they have got off too lightly. It looks like there could be a 'supermarket sweep' for their better contracted players in the next 2 weeks unless someone like Ashley takes a gamble-which is always a possibility with him.


  19. #18293
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,795

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    https://youtu.be/AL8chWFuM-s

    Play with feathers, prepare to get your arse tickled..

    Hope they don’t get liquidated, but let’s be honest they’ve been cheating for years. This has been long coming


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  20. #18294
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belper
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Player-12 View Post
    Not the same.

    One is someone trying to the best of their ability to follow the laws of the game. Human error creeps in and they make a mistake.

    The other is someone trying to the best of their ability to dodge/decieve/bend and break the laws of the game, no mistakes are made. It's all intentional.

    Refereeing mistakes are an unfortunate thing that occurs, that everyone in the game is trying to remove. Clubs, governing bodies, refereeing bodies, the individual referees themselves, all want there to be no ref mistakes.

    Mel Morris acted against all members of the league, governing bodies, and all regulation.
    Yeah the refs reference was probably a poor example but how many teams throughout the league's every year could conceivably feel hard done by the actions of another club, there could be multiple actions ongoing in each division. It would make the game throughout the pyramid a farce.


  21. #18295
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belper
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    To add to that possibly Bristol City and other falling foul of FFP, should every club who has lost to them bring some sort of claim, the higher you finish the more prize money you get


  22. #18296
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mansfield
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    This whole case could easily destroy the useless FA and EFL-who are basically incompetent quangos.
    I can see no future for the game if clubs are suing and counter suing each other-I think the EFL board(Randall
    included)should grow a pair of massive bollocks and tell Middlesbrough and Wycombe to sue separately after
    the Derby takeover goes through.
    I don’t think the takeover should be held up by clubs pursuing a case which would nearly certainly fail in
    a court of law(I very much doubt it would go that far).
    Nah. Let Boro & Wycombe have their pound of flesh.
    Any learnings for the EFL can wait.


  23. #18297
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belper
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wred View Post
    If it were 'normal' times for Direby, they could just challenge the claims against them. Apparently, neither Boro or Wycombe are likely to succeed. The problem for them is two fold. Firstly the challenge takes time (and money) which is something the administrators don't have. Secondly, if the potential new owner accepts the risk and loses any damages awarded against them would have to be treated as a football debt according to the EFL and paid in full. Worst case this would cost £50m. If it isn't paid they lose their 'Golden Share' and would be kicked out of the league. The administrators need the issue settled but I can't see that happening until after the transfer window as I'm sure both clubs want to do as much damage to them as possible. Ironically their recent good performance has probably strengthened Boro and Wycombes resolve (plus the EFL) as if they don't get relegated it will seem as if they have got off too lightly. It looks like there could be a 'supermarket sweep' for their better contracted players in the next 2 weeks unless someone like Ashley takes a gamble-which is always a possibility with him.
    I get all that and it is why I think the EFL are making it up as they go along. If the shaggers were still on minus points I genuinely don't think the EFL would be taking the Boro and Wycombe claims seriously. They may through football escape what the EFL want which is to see them relegated. To me it does seem like the EFL thought -21 will do it but are now panicking they may stay up.


  24. #18298
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,911

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyfoxsdreamball View Post
    https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club

    First post, but long term member. Just seen this on the sheeps forum. Oh well.
    'We are urgently seeking clarification from the EFL as to why these disputed claims cannot be compromised.'

    They sent an email to the relevant department at the EFL and got the following automated reply.

    ........

    'We are sorry, but we are on annual leave until February 4th. We will deal with your query upon our return.

    Apologies for any inconvenience caused.'



  25. #18299
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,935

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyfoxsdreamball View Post
    https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club

    First post, but long term member. Just seen this on the sheeps forum. Oh well.
    For a small fee I would put some PPE on and offer to proof-read statements that those people issue. There's at least 2 grammatical errors in there.
    It's SO hard to press F7 isn't it.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  26. #18300
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,981

    Default Re: The demise of Wayne Rooney's D***y County (in Administration)

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    Yeah the refs reference was probably a poor example but how many teams throughout the league's every year could conceivably feel hard done by the actions of another club, there could be multiple actions ongoing in each division. It would make the game throughout the pyramid a farce.
    I agree.
    It also shows that FFP(brought in for good intentions i.e stopping clubs going bust and overspending)has resulted
    in stifling competition(due to parachute payments)and resulted in clubs turning against each other and having
    to risk sanctions just to compete.
    Time for a rethink,I would have thought.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •