Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Brexit

9 15.52%
  • #Remainalonga

49 84.48%
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 4,276 to 4,292 of 4292
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

I can't believe we're not talking about Super Tramp David Prutton.

EXACT SAME BENEFITS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Decker

Getting Boro to stump up £15m for him is one of the best bits of business we’ve done in the last decade, not to mention daylight robbery.

I’d rather we kept Grabban for another year. He’s a better all round player, even at 34.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Britt was purring along nicely until his knee exploded.

I’d argue he’s never really been the same player since.

The trick - ha ha - is to be finding players like Britt Assombalonga earlier, before the likes of Peterborough get their hands on them. They must be out there, I mean, the likes of the aforementioned Peterborough, Brentford and Barnsley seem to unearth these gems, whereas Forest seem more akin to partaking in „Grab a Granny Night“ down at the bingo.

Forest used to be good at that, why not do so again?
    We don't give players time that's why, look at Mir he's castigated as one of the worst ever players to Don the red shirt, yet hes scored 11/12 goals in La Liga for a team bottom. The only players we ever give time to are our youth players who may or may not be good enough.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    I think Andy Carroll is currently on one at Newcastle.
    https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/02/and...public-report/

20k basic, with 75k more every time he starts a game, or 35k for a sub appearance. Not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Getting Boro to stump up £15m for him is one of the best bits of business we’ve done in the last decade, not to mention daylight robbery.

I’d rather we kept Grabban for another year. He’s a better all round player, even at 34.
    It's quite something when you think about how things have flipped. It used to be us lamenting our best players leaving for nothing or a nominal fee. Yet in the last few years we've managed to convince other clubs to give us absurd money for the likes of Assomblaonga, Brereton and Burke - who've then flopped. Even the fee we got for Appiah seems ludicrous.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    It's quite something when you think about how things have flipped. It used to be us lamenting our best players leaving for nothing or a nominal fee. Yet in the last few years we've managed to convince other clubs to give us absurd money for the likes of Assomblaonga, Brereton and Burke - who've then flopped. Even the fee we got for Appiah seems ludicrous.
    I agree Hulk, yet the general consensus amongst posters on here regarding the Forest CEO is less-than-commendable, whereas his negotiating skills in terms of the examples you list clearly suggest he has a lot to commend him.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 23-04-21 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Some returns work, some don’t that’s it.

Reid and Des were good
    Dawson was decent for a few months
    Jenas was nice for some nostalgia but in reality was a waste of money

I can’t remember any others in recent memory who returned so they must of been shit
    Not in recent memory but in living memory Garry Birtles comes to mind.

Viv Anderson

Cloughie re-signing Bomber was definitely a success; re-signing Robbo not so much.

Grenville Morris

Still a bit crazy they gave us £16m for a player who had not long prior had a serious knee injury. He was good before that, was never going to be the same afterwards.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

Spot on.

Grabban's all round game is so much better.

Assombalonga 'was' a better finisher before his serious knee injury, but we cashed in at the right time.

Viv Anderson

Not seen it mentioned on here but he got a mention in the Athletic article yesterday:

"Forest are also understood to be among a clutch of clubs — including Rangers and several other Championship sides — monitoring the future of Britt Assombalonga, who is a free agent after being told he can leave Middlesbrough with his contract set to expire. Although, the likely financial demands of any potential move to bring him back to the City Ground for a second spell, even on a free transfer, could already be prohibitive."

Shoot to Thrill

NO.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    NO.
    This ^^^^.

Nigel Clough

No. A word so good Maggie used it 3 times. Similar is needed here.

Wally Ardron

If he was in contract, what might a team reasonably pay for Britt at this stage? £3-4m fee, plus his yearly wages.
    Take his previous affiliation with the club out of the equation, he's a player that aside from this season has more or less delivered double digits for goals in every season he's played at this level.
    He had a bad knee injury when he was with us which altered his game, but still scored 14 goals in an awful team that nearly got relegated. He's delivered for Boro more or less every season since.

I think he'd still be miles better than Murray or Taylor. That being said, in a couple seasons, he'll likely be where Grabban is now. He also would have next to no re-sell value.

Clarke-Harris would be top of my shopping list but for the right money, Britt wouldn't be a bad shout.

First Team

now that peterborough has gotten promoted , no chance of clarke-harris or dembele going anywhere.

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Spot on.

Grabban's all round game is so much better.

Assombalonga 'was' a better finisher before his serious knee injury, but we cashed in at the right time.
    Majority of our fans were up in arms about it when the sale was going through if I recall. A good 80% of posts on here about it were people complaining.

Personally I couldn't believe Boro were willing to part with £15m for him. I thought it a nonsense story what with him not being fit for about 18 months. The accountant in me would have snapped their hands off for recouping the £5m that we paid for him

.k I m
    I m u mm