Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Brexit

9 15.52%
  • #Remainalonga

49 84.48%
Page 61 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4331
    Wally Ardron

Default Re: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I feel centre-forwards like Britt will get even more out of Benny with his vision and creative passing as they have a knack of finding space.

Bendtner and Vellios aren't easy movers so more often than not static passing is required to them and not into space.

With regards to his injury. Will give him till season end and then re-assess. They often say unsound good racehorses are better than sound bad racehorses.

Right now a bird in the hand is worth 5 in the bush at this club because we can't seem to replace players and we have poor success rate at signings.
    What about Omar Bogle - ready made replacement?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Up-Front

I feel centre-forwards like Britt will get even more out of Benny with his vision and creative passing as they have a knack of finding space.

Bendtner and Vellios aren't easy movers so more often than not static passing is required to them and not into space.

With regards to his injury. Will give him till season end and then re-assess. They often say unsound good racehorses are better than sound bad racehorses.

Right now a bird in the hand is worth 5 in the bush at this club because we can't seem to replace players and we have poor success rate at signings.
    Agreed, think the inclination would be to use Vellios & Bendtner more as target men, Bennys vision then becomes less of a weapon.

We'll still need a striker who likes to play off the shoulder, having not seen Brereton play, is he a candidate when he's ready?

Viv Anderson

Can't remember the comic, but I just can't resist calling him Tatty Bogle.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Can't remember the comic, but I just can't resist calling him Tatty Bogle.
    According to google its a book about a scarecrow?

Anyway this lad doesn't look much like a scarecrow, he's a big fast lump who always seems to be in the right place at the right time - proper poaching goalscorer but who can also hit one and score from nothing.

Very Britt-esque.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I realise that unlike some on here I have the disadvantage of having no medical knowledge to call on, but notwithstanding that, I'm still to be convinced that (with the right management of his condition) he won't eventually come back as near as can be expected to full fitness. Maybe not absolutely 100%, but enough to still be a massive asset for us.
    Its not a generational thing.... its looking at the injury and our "luck"/"track record"/"reliance" with these injuries.....lets be right 10/15 years ago Britt would have been finished, no questions asked.... the human body suddenly hasn't genetically improved... its the science and medicine behind it.... his body has had one hell of an injury and he ll never be 100% again.... he cant be...the fact hes in and out at the minute raisers question marks on how long his injury will take to plateau to a point where you can gauge how many games you can get out of him a season.

If a silly bid like 17 million comes in.... especially from someone like Newcastle who will take him out this league you snap the hand off and let them take the risk..... you could buy 3 raw Britt's from Peterborough for that with change to pick up Velios.....

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTT View Post
    According to google its a book about a scarecrow?

Anyway this lad doesn't look much like a scarecrow, he's a big fast lump who always seems to be in the right place at the right time - proper poaching goalscorer but who can also hit one and score from nothing.

Very Britt-esque.
    Well, I didn't get it from Scottish folk lore, he was definitely a character in a comic in my youth. Mind you, he was a tramp and we don't have tramps any more, so perhaps he has faded from memory.
    Edit: sorry, don't know anything about Omar the goal scorer apart from a few clips on TV.

Last edited by valspoodle; 28-11-16 at 17:08.

Viv Anderson

You tell me ? I haven't seen enough of him to judge. Right now I know what Britt can bring us if we look after him because we do have depth in the department. It's not like he is a non-contributing cripple.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Agreed, think the inclination would be to use Vellios & Bendtner more as target men, Bennys vision then becomes less of a weapon.

We'll still need a striker who likes to play off the shoulder, having not seen Brereton play, is he a candidate when he's ready?
    The best squads have variety of options. Brereton definitely can play on the shoulder. He and Toby Edser have a telepathic understanding with one another. But obviously he has lots of development to do. I think Tyler Walker when he is back can definitely add this variety to our squad that only Britt brings never mind Britt's all-round game of hold up play with glue on his boots and his deadly finishing (ie 83% goals to shots on target when everyone else is 30-50%)

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Its not a generational thing.... its looking at the injury and our "luck"/"track record"/"reliance" with these injuries.....lets be right 10/15 years ago Britt would have been finished, no questions asked.... the human body suddenly hasn't genetically improved... its the science and medicine behind it.... his body has had one hell of an injury and he ll never be 100% again.... he cant be...the fact hes in and out at the minute raisers question marks on how long his injury will take to plateau to a point where you can gauge how many games you can get out of him a season.

If a silly bid like 17 million comes in.... especially from someone like Newcastle who will take him out this league you snap the hand off and let them take the risk..... you could buy 3 raw Britt's from Peterborough for that with change to pick up Velios.....
    Sometimes I imagine you as Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Absolutely. Brilliant player, scored a cracker at the weekend from about 30 yards too.

Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, big unit, quick, good finisher. It's a big jump from League Two to Championship but he has adapted at every level so far.

There was a thread on him a while back, as some paper ran a story that we were watching him.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 29-11-16 at 00:21.

Viv Anderson

Think you are doing Bendtner a disservice here, he won't run into the space like Britt does but he is a very intelligent mover off the ball.

Just watch him when he is not on the ball, he is almost always moving around looking for space.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Sometimes I imagine you as Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Bout right..... although i dont wear glasses

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Absolutely. Brilliant player, scored a cracker at the weekend from about 30 yards too.

Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, big unit, quick, good finisher. It's a big jump from League Two to Championship but he has adapted at every level so far.

There was a thread on him a while back, as some paper ran a story that we were watching him.
    Living where I live I'm mates with a lot of Grimsby fans and they're pretty much resigned to losing him either in Jan or in the summer as he's tearing the league up. Grimsby will be fucked without him, too.

There are a couple of strikers in L2 that are doing very well tho - John Akinde at Barnet is scoring for fun in a squad of absolute dross, for example.

Viv Anderson

Has trained this week and is available to be in the 18.

#woohohohohohooo

EXACT SAME BENEFITS

Wally Ardron

The Nottm Post must read these threads to patch together any old story - they're now asking if we're going to sign Bogle.

Idiots.

Wally Ardron

We bought Britt for £5M at the same time as Bournemouth paid £3M for Callum Wilson. Both from League 1 clubs having had a successful season or two. The Guardian is now reporting that West Ham are preparing a £25m bid for Wilson.

Now this may be idle newspaper gossip, but if there is anything in it there is a clue to our owner about what value Britt potentially has. I realise that a player's value increases with Premier League experience, but injury had limited Wilson's game time so I don't see why he would be worth five times as much. With a five year contract tying him to Forest, there's no reason to sell unless the money is too good to turn down.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Play Offs?
    As soon as we look like putting even a back to back win together we have an injury crisis.
    Injured full backs is the latest crisis.

One thing we need to do once the Americans are in place is look very closely at our recruitment policy.
    We seem to buy older injury prone players that low and behold get injured. Its killing us again and again.

Mid table at the very best this season.
    I don't think it's anything to do with the age of the player. We've had some younger plaayers pick up injuries too. It must be something specific to training methods or the pitches.
    Or maybe other clubs have the same issues, we just only see ours?

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Viv Anderson

The latest is that he is getting abuse on twitter that he doesn't care enough and wants to rather be a DJ.

As I've said before, the mind boggles.

Where's me hammer?

The latest is that he is getting abuse on twitter that he doesn't care enough and wants to rather be a DJ.

As I've said before, the mind boggles.
    Whats your thoughts on him if he shoots off to the African nations?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Whats your thoughts on him if he shoots off to the African nations?
    Can you blame him for going ?

His father played for DRC and he clearly wants to play for them. It's his families culture and he wants to represent them.

At the end of the day. I will accept it. Choosing to go to AFCON is probably more a belief he can stay fit and score goals for his country than any disrespect to Forest.

I just hope we give him the option to stay and say you need to look after your body and he chooses to listen instead of emotion of playing a big international tournament.

Where's me hammer?

Can you blame him for going ?

His father played for DRC and he clearly wants to play for them. It's his families culture and he wants to represent them.

At the end of the day. I will accept it. Choosing to go to AFCON is probably more a belief he can stay fit and score goals for his country than any disrespect to Forest.

I just hope we give him the option to stay and say you need to look after your body and he chooses to listen instead of emotion of playing a big international tournament.
    Yeah i can blame him to be honest... if hes fit and firing then thats fine he goes with a blessing but hes not, hes still injured. Has he even completed a full game this season? Has he made 7 appearances this season? He needs to get himself fit and show a bit of loyalty to his employer who has paid him while hes broke not swan off to some dust bowl to expose himself to further harm. I understand the draw to play for his country but that shitty tournament is played every couple of years so he'll get to play in it again no probs.

If he goes id consider any decent bids that came in, we dont need that.

Viv Anderson

Unfortunately I disagree. That is the thinking of a supporter and not in the mind of a player who also has ambitions for their country. Players aren't robots. There are tough decisions to be made.

In 2 years time DRC might not even make AFCON. International tournaments might mean little to 'supporters' now but that doesn't make a difference to the player.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 12-12-16 at 09:59.

It's all about mid-table...

When does this African malarkey start ?

Where's me hammer?

Unfortunately I disagree. That is the thinking of a supporter and not in the mind of a player who also has ambitions for their country. Players aren't robots. There are tough decisions to be made and they aren't just black and white.
    But we can't keep letting these injured players take the piss no matter how good they are..... in a round about way if we weren't paying two sets of wages one for a permenantly injured player and then his injury prone replacement, we wouldn't be plundering the academy to keep us out of FFP.

To me him going to that tournament is him taking the piss out of us.

Viv Anderson

Britt and Cohen have put in performances Forest when they are fit. That is good enough for me to know they are good enough and contributing but for the unfortunate circumstance of getting injured.

I've got no sympathy for players who were bought as crocks and when play don't put in a performance and take their wage.

AFCON has always put players in unfortunate circumstances and we aren't the only club that could feel hard done by. Don't you think Britt is frustrated himself but I bet you he believes he can score goals and with DRC coming and he can help his country if he chooses to go just like I believe he thought he could have played yesterday and scored goals for Forest. I cannot blame him for that.

Where's me hammer?

Ive no doubt that he feels frustrated by it all but surely hes better off being honest and getting himself fit... if hes fit and firing for his club he could be the same for his country in the not so distant future.

If he continues with these niggles hell become the type of player only shitty clubs like Forest gamble on.... which benefits neither him or us