Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Brexit

9 15.52%
  • #Remainalonga

49 84.48%
Page 60 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4331

Default Re: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Dont bring me into it, id sell him.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    He's off to Newcastle in January for £17 million

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Matchday Squad

Do we know if Brit is likely to be fit to play against toon

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Maybe if Southampton had kept them they'd be European Champions? Just saying.
    Maybe if they'd kept them they wouldn't have been able to be self sufficient? Just saying.

Southampton have a great set up. It's a fantastic model, but it's one that accepts players leave and that their Academy basically funds the club. When a player breaks through they are already planning his replacement for when he leaves.

It is a realistic set up that works because it is just that - Realistic.

If our criteria is that we can't sell products of the Academy then we'll go bust. I'm afraid that's the reality we face. It stinks, but it's the way football is nowadays.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by eh shag View Post
    He's off to Newcastle in January for £17 million
    The meltdown for that could be epic

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    I really don't trust Fawaz.
    I will be on tenterhooks until he is finally gone.
    I just hope the Americans have a policy of developing and keeping academy players. So important for our future as a whole.
    I'm just impressed that someone besides me knows it's "tenterhooks" not "tenderhooks".

Well done Sir...well done

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I'm just impressed that someone besides me knows it's "tenterhooks" not "tenderhooks".

Well done Sir...well done
    I had to think long and hard about it.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    ...and may I wish him a very long retirement reflecting on what might have been.
    Too right. A footballers career is very, very short.
    So far he has had a pretty ordinary career though I am sure he isn't short of a bob or two.

Viv Anderson

Too right. A footballers career is very, very short.
    So far he has had a pretty ordinary career though I am sure he isn't short of a bob or two.
    As one who now thinks a lot about times gone by, I suppose for him today it's very pleasant putting all that gold in his bank account, but when he reaches a grand age and looks back on his career, there will be no memories because he's done nothing but move from team to team, playing a few games, then sitting on the bench or playing for the U23s or whatever. That's when he'll realise what a bad move he made.
    I've only ever done things because I enjoy them,; consequently I've no money, but a host of lovely memories. If you're lucky you can have both, but I've no complaints.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about Bamford and not Britt who will, of course, celebrate a long and illustrious career with us.

Last edited by valspoodle; 28-11-16 at 11:08.

Viv Anderson

The meltdown for that could be epic

To be fair if we get £17million for him and actually reinvest it this time I would be pretty happy.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    If we sold the number of academy players Southampton have sold then this place would be in absolute meltdown. Not a season goes by without them selling one, if not more, of the players they have either developed themselves or made better.

It's a perfectly sensible strategy and they have made it work brilliantly, but if the criteria is to develop our own and keep them then Southampton are arguably the worst example going.

As for Bournemouth, that FFP fine awaiting them should they ever drop back again is evidence that they wern't a well run outfit as so commonly believed, but a club who conned the system, fair play to them for that, it worked for them, but it doesn't make them an example of a well run club.
    There are only 7 major one's if you include the 6 below and Wayne Bridge but in any case it isn't model that has got them their success. It is efficient footballing decisions in terms of coaches and uses of style of football and bringing in young talent to play is part of that, not selling them. It is no surprise that the players don't do as well when they leave as well. There is an atmosphere around the place that makes them succeed for Southampton. In any case it should be about us not them.

Southampton had the luxury of selling the following whilst in the Premier League :

Callum Chambers : 22 league appearances (16m)
    Luke Shaw : 60 league appearances (30m)
    Adam Lallana : 235 league appearances (25m)

The advantage they had with the above is they could replace it with better quality because they were in the Premier League. Better known quantities would join them unlike when in the Championship. Once again I will let you judge those fees and the types of players they are. These are the sorts of fees you can get when letting a young player get games and performances under their belt regarding Shaw/Lallana.

Theo Walcott : 21 championship appearances + 4 goals for 9.1m in 2006
    Gareth Bale : 40 championship appearances + 5 goals for 7m in 2007
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain : 36 league 1 appearances + 9 goals for 15m in 2011

These sales are similar to Burke's. We can take from the above what we see. But in my opinion it isn't about what we should have got , it is that he wasn't actively wanting to leave so we/Philippe/club were stabbed in the back of watching a talent contribute to the potential success and entertainment Forest fans haven't seen in years. He was sold before his time is the devastating part about it and once again we've had to re-start and it could have or could still lose Philippe his job.

PS Oliver Burke : 25 championship appearances + 6 goals in 2016

Last edited by BryanRoy; 28-11-16 at 12:26.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    To be fair if we get £17million for him and actually reinvest it this time I would be pretty happy.
    You will be in a minority

Viv Anderson

You will be in a minority

Bite anyone's hand off for £17m.
    He's a crock I tell you. A biscuit.

Where's me hammer?

Me too but for the twitter brigade it will be the first black mark against the yanks..

Wally Ardron

I've been thinking this too - came back early season - out injured for weeks, came back at Ipswich - out injured next game.

If he's only available for half or less of the season we really should take the money and run before he breaks completely.

It's a shame because he's obviously a real talent, but no point having a talented player who is never fit.

Look at Fryatt - not as good obviously, but what's the point of paying them money to never play.

Get Brerton into the first team instead.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTT View Post
    I've been thinking this too - came back early season - out injured for weeks, came back at Ipswich - out injured next game.

If he's only available for half or less of the season we really should take the money and run before he breaks completely.

It's a shame because he's obviously a real talent, but no point having a talented player who is never fit.

Look at Fryatt - not as good obviously, but what's the point of paying them money to never play.

Get Brerton into the first team instead.
    Agreed apart from Brereton bit.
    Don't think he's ready yet. Needs time and will only be back up off the bench initially.

I think we would need to reinvest in a young fully fit promising striker or two.

Viv Anderson

Me too but for the twitter brigade it will be the first black mark against the yanks..
    If they had a ready made quality replacement maybe not.

I worry Britt is going to breakdown altogether. A massive shame because if we could get him 100% he is a natural goalscorer.

Viv Anderson

The response to Britt's intermittent return to action seems to demonstrate how little patience some fans have with regard to giving the lad time to fully recover. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Matchday Squad

All of us would love nothing more than for Britt to be 100% fit and firing on all cylinders; whether that will ever happen again for a prolonged period of time remains to be seen, but the signs aren't great.

If we do end up selling him, I imagine it would be for a decent wedge. With the Yanks seemingly about to takeover, anything could happen. One thing is for sure, we would likely be weaker without him.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Trojii View Post
    All of us would love nothing more than for Britt to be 100% fit and firing on all cylinders; whether that will ever happen again for a prolonged period of time remains to be seen, but the signs aren't great.

If we do end up selling him, I imagine it would be for a decent wedge. With the Yanks seemingly about to takeover, anything could happen. One thing is for sure, we would likely be weaker without him.
    Dont disagree with any of that, but sitting second in the goals scored league off the back of 5 goals away from home gives you hope that Britt is dispensable.

If the offer was big enough & available for reinvestment, Id at least be confident we could move forward.

Viv Anderson

I realise that unlike some on here I have the disadvantage of having no medical knowledge to call on, but notwithstanding that, I'm still to be convinced that (with the right management of his condition) he won't eventually come back as near as can be expected to full fitness. Maybe not absolutely 100%, but enough to still be a massive asset for us.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 28-11-16 at 16:17.

lard

Racist.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dont disagree with any of that, but sitting second in the goals scored league off the back of 5 goals away from home gives you hope that Britt is dispensable.

If the offer was big enough & available for reinvestment, Id at least be confident we could move forward.
    I've said it all season; sort out our defence and we'll be one of the top 6-10 sides in this league with or without Assombalonga.

Viv Anderson

I feel centre-forwards like Britt will get even more out of Benny with his vision and creative passing as they have a knack of finding space.

Bendtner and Vellios aren't easy movers so more often than not static passing is required to them and not into space.

With regards to his injury. Will give him till season end and then re-assess. They often say unsound good racehorses are better than sound bad racehorses.

Right now a bird in the hand is worth 5 in the bush at this club because we can't seem to replace players and we have poor success rate at signings.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Trojii View Post
    All of us would love nothing more than for Britt to be 100% fit and firing on all cylinders; ... With the Yanks seemingly about to takeover, anything could happen.
    Maybe the Yanks are going to do a Steve Austin and take him Stateside for a bionic leg fitting.

Maybe they could do that with all of the other crocked players we have - we'd be unstoppable if we could ever put out a team that didn't have stop gaps in it.

Viv Anderson

I think I recall Phil saying Britt was just a tight hamstring and would have been OK a few days after Ipswich, but perhaps he has been saved for Newcastle and beyond rather than tempt fate at Barnsley.