Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should he stay or should he go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • #Brexit

9 15.52%
  • #Remainalonga

49 84.48%
Page 122 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4331
    Nigel Clough

Default Re: Britt Curtis Assombalonga

The Sun saying it's close. £14 million. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...-watford-bids/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

60k a week. Insanity.

Wally Ardron

Sounds like a done deal the way The Scum are reporting it.

14 million.

Well there you go.

Knew Burnley wouldn't pay that, they're tighter than a Nun's lady parts.

Still think we'd have got more at Christmas if we wanted to sell then instead.

People are still adjusting to the big money tv deal and the huge amounts even sides in the championship can actually pay if they receive parachute payments.

Nigel Clough

£14m, not too bad a fee to be fair. Hopefully we can re-invest that in 3 or 4 decent players that will make us an overall stronger side.

£60k per week though... Financial "Fair" Play strikes again.

Viv Anderson

If thats the case its imperative we get a replacement that is better quality than the strikers we have at present because as it stands we have a squad that is bottom 4 or 5. We need a huge injection of quality in all areas if we are to lose our top marksmen from last year. No Burke or Assombolonga means we are have no genuine goal threats anymore its a sad time to be a Forest fan. I hope we have a productive next few weeks in terms of signings we are still way way short.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    If thats the case its imperative we get a replacement that is better quality than the strikers we have at present because as it stands we have a squad that is bottom 4 or 5. We need a huge injection of quality in all areas if we are to lose our top marksmen from last year. No Burke or Assombolonga means we are have no genuine goal threats anymore its a sad time to be a Forest fan. I hope we have a productive next few weeks in terms of signings we are still way way short.
    The squad as it stands is bottom 4 or 5 quality, with or without Assombalonga, due to the diabolical midfield we have and unreliable defence (both quality and fitness wise).

Vellios and Clough are capable, and Brereton has the potential to do well next season, and maybe Cummings will do well. None of them will be as good as Britt of course but our options aren't completely awful. If we do crap next year, it won't be down to our options upfront.

If we use this money to bring in a couple of quality midfielders, a left back and a reliable centre back we will be an overall stronger side IMO.

Wally Ardron

Too right.

We need to move on a few now to free up spaces for a few quality signings or we're potentially starting the season worse off than our near relegation side of last.

Fingers crossed Warbs can get the deals he needs over the line.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Too right.

We need to move on a few now to free up spaces for a few quality signings or we're potentially starting the season worse off than our near relegation side of last.

Fingers crossed Warbs can get the deals he needs over the line.
    The problem with moving on players that we don't want is that they are either crap or injury prone, so no one wants them. Getting rid of players like Fox, Hobbs, etc isn't going to happen so we are stuck with them until their contracts expire.

Unfortunately that's why we have to sometimes sell our better players to fund new signings (like most clubs in the Championship who are not in receipt of parachute payments). At least this time it has happened in mid-July rather than a few days before the transfer window closes (like with Burke last season), giving us plenty of time to re-invest that money into the squad.

Viv Anderson

I would be gutted if he leaves but his last performance in a red shirt was one of the best I have seen from a striker for years in a game that was easily the most important.

We can look back in heinsight over it next summer, but this money needs to be invested wisely and correctly otherwise we will be in big trouble. He got us 19 points lasts season from his goals - almost half our point tally.

Troll

Why to a club in the same division really.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    Why to a club in the same division really.
    That isn't going to be my biggest gripe if he goes to Boro. I can accept him scoring in the Prem because he's good enough to play at that leve - I will not enjoy watching him getting 20+ in the Championship.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    That isn't going to be my biggest gripe if he goes to Boro. I can accept him scoring in the Prem because he's good enough to play at that leve - I will not enjoy watching him getting 20+ in the Championship.
    there's a world of difference between championship and premiership. There's been a lot of freescoring championship strikers who has struggled in the premiership. There's no guarantee that he'll make the step up , some players struggled to make a sideway change because of their fees , look at jordan rhodes & Ross mccormack. Both struggled after their last big transfers. For now, forest should get what we can get for britt.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    The Sun saying it's close. £14 million. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...-watford-bids/
    That article seems to be pure speculation, why would Boro let him train with us a day why would we traim him if they had him signed??

First Team

Middlesbrough have supposedly just bought Martin Braithwaite from Toulouse for 9m. I know about parachute money, but surely splashing out 23m on the same position is a bit over the top.

Senior doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Middlesbrough have supposedly just bought Martin Braithwaite from Toulouse for 9m. I know about parachute money, but surely splashing out 23m on the same position is a bit over the top.
    Boro's main problem last season was their lack of goals.
    While Britt is prolific, we all know that with his knee injury no club would want to rely on him alone.
    So, buying a second known goal scorer if you haven't got one is vital.
    As for Britt, he knows from his injury hit last couple of seasons just how risky his career can be.
    If he has been offered £60k per week compared to,say £25k at Forest, then the deal is a no brainer.
    I am sad to see him go, but wish him well,apart from when he plays against us.

Ian Storey-Moore

it looks like at the moment you are receiving offers.

if it will go above 15m then it would be really difficult to hold the player especially if he has a huge offer at his hands from a team that will compete for PL

Last edited by karteo; 13-07-17 at 07:20.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    what's new ?

They always bought plenty of strikers only to play them as a lone striker , didn't they have nugent , rhodes , kike & stuani last time they were in the championship. They already sold nugent and rhodes , kike went back , stuani is still there. They brought in bamford , gestede ,negredo last season and now , currently they still have bamford , gestede & stunani although stunani & bamford seemed to be played on the flank.

Matchday Squad

No thanks. 14m not nearly enough, we have to pay Pboro a portion of that back. Still not worth doing business. Have the resolve Boro had when we went after Leadbitter, they flatly refused every offer, went on for ages, they kept him and he was instrumental in their promotion.

Matchday Squad

Britt
    Tell em you're not interested in the money it's all about the love and let's have some more of this next season
    https://youtu.be/YZXrFEAXeRE

Success in the Championship, is a team with
    - solid experienced GK
    - solid, reliable, defenders who don't make many mistakes
    - powerful midfielders who run all day, where at least one get you a few goals
    - min one fast tricky winger
    - creative 'number ten'
    - Big direct striker who gets you twenty goals

we don't have many of these, and we are just about to give up the proven twenty goals a season man. YES, I like Ben, Zach, Vellios, and Cummings. but all totally unproven. If we have any ambition to be in the playoffs we shouldn't sell.

Wally Ardron

We'd have to up Britts wage ourselves if we were to keep him.

Not to the 60k a week mark but something to sweeten it for him.

If he did stay he'd be by far our highest earner.

Got me thinking of John Terry's piss taking 60k wage for a centre back in this division, madness!

All this tv money splashing about has certainly made a huge gulf between the haves and have nots.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Success in the Championship, is a team with
    - solid experienced GK
    - solid, reliable, defenders who don't make many mistakes
    - powerful midfielders who run all day, where at least one get you a few goals
    - min one fast tricky winger
    - creative 'number ten'
    - Big direct striker who gets you twenty goals

we don't have many of these, and we are just about to give up the proven twenty goals a season man. YES, I like Ben, Zach, Vellios, and Cummings. but all totally unproven. If we have any ambition to be in the playoffs we shouldn't sell.
    Not sure we genuinely do this season.

Fans may dream but if we're mid-table come the end of the season that will still be a significant step up from last.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Not sure we genuinely do this season.

Fans may dream but if we're mid-table come the end of the season that will still be a significant step up from last.
    Exactly, this is a stop the rot and shift the shit season.... anything on top is a bonus.

13th Duke of Wybourne

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    60k a week. Insanity.
    Cannot compete.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Exactly, this is a stop the rot and shift the shit season.... anything on top is a bonus.
    Plus whilst we'd love to get rid of all the shite we don't need in one season, players aren't that easy to move on.