Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It's all about mid-table...

Default Re: Darius Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Anybody checked under the Sherwood costume for Billy Davies yet?

Hendo will provide a bit of entertainment tekkin a swing at one or two opposing defenders.

If Antonio goes that's the only thing that will get us out our seats.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

Must be a loan signing we can make that's better then this!

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Thing is, it might be quite effective, but it's going to be an utterly boring season. Mid-table at best after sacrficing any hint of nice football.
    True

What we need to do is sack Pearce then the football will improve.

Nigel Clough

Should of kept Lars.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Our physios will be earning their money this year
    As will the Nottinghamshire Constabulary presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    When i read the first post about him coming back i knew it would make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Not sure why anyone is surprised. We've signed players so far which indicate we'll play defensively and narrow (Mills/Hobbs) and look to break under a direct counter attack (Ward/Antonio). The big bully target man just completes the set. It was entirely predictable we'd sign someone like Hendo given our embargo.

Thing is, it might be quite effective, but it's going to be an utterly boring season. Mid-table at best after sacrficing any hint of nice football.
    Hoof!!!

Aye. The days of dancing round West Ham, Watford & Burnley ae sadly long gone. But Dougie is at least bringing some character to the side.

A shame we got rid of Mackie really.

Ian Storey-Moore

Direct replacement for Lars - a big guy who can't jump.

I've never seen the ball ping off a player as much as with Henderson. He was utterly woeful at holding the ball up, and now he's a year or two older he'll be even worse. The guy is 33 but watch us hand out another Greeening-esque 4 year contract...

Nigel Clough

Much like the rest, no harm in looking at him on trial. Don't want him though, and I think this is literally a way of persuading Maynard (and Taylor). Probably looking to see for the emergency that we don't get any of our targets, and aren't just left with Blackstock (back from a major injury) and Walker (who's only played a handful of games).

Or maybe it's all just to make Alf happy.

Wally Ardron

We don't need to see him on trial, we know all about him. We carried him as dead weight for at least a season. Since then he has aged.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Much like the rest, no harm in looking at him on trial. Don't want him though, and I think this is literally a way of persuading Maynard (and Taylor). Probably looking to see for the emergency that we don't get any of our targets, and aren't just left with Blackstock (back from a major injury) and Walker (who's only played a handful of games).

Persuading Maynard and Taylor of what?

That this is the level of player we are looking at signing? If I we're Maynard and thought the club were seriously looking to Darius Henderson to improve the squad, I'd run a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post

I can't believe folk aren't more excited at the bunch of rogues we're getting together. In a season where we're scuppered by our situation anyway, at least we've some character and mischief in the side.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    I can't believe folk aren't more excited at the bunch of rogues we're getting together. In a season where we're scuppered by our situation anyway, at least we've some character and mischief in the side.
    Theres that many rogues that the team bus will be like an 80s metal bands tour bus.

Viv Anderson

I suppose all you can do is laugh

Best served cold

May stick a couple of quid on us to get relegated. The stars are aligning

Who will Freedman bring back next? Ishmael Miller?

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Viv Anderson

Paul Anderson is a free agent

Up-Front

A strikeforce of Paul Taylor & Darius Henderson next season would be criminal.

Our third kit could be an orange jumpsuit.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    We don't need to see him on trial, we know all about him. We carried him as dead weight for at least a season. Since then he has aged.
    We carried him as dead weight who scored 10 or so crucial goals. He did far more that season than most if not all of our other strikers.

Does it need to be pointed out that we haven't actually signed Henderson? He's on trial to see if he's up to it. Freedman wasn't here when he last played...!

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin's Local View Post
    We carried him as dead weight who scored 10 or so crucial goals.
    Hardly crucial. Without those goals we'd have been lower mid-table rather than upper mid-table. With a carthorse like him in the team mid-table is the best to be hoped for.

First Team

i should have renewed in upper bridgford and not lower as thats about the height the ball will be the majority of our game next season so would save me the neck ache

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    DF does seem to be trying to address the lack of character in the team (when Reid is absent) which is pleasing.

I don't see the harm in him taking a look at Hendo as a potential stop gap. As an impact sub his goal ratio was very good when he was here. Strikers will be the hardest position to fill when we can't pay fees.

THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Super Coops View Post
    Hardly crucial. Without those goals we'd have been lower mid-table rather than upper mid-table. With a carthorse like him in the team mid-table is the best to be hoped for.
    Maybe if the rest of the strikeforce had contributed like Henderson did we'd have been higher than upper mid-table...? I don't particularly like him as a bloke but look at the goals he scored, almost exclusively goals that changed the lead in a game. They call it 'clutch' in American sports. I don't really understand the widespread hate for him, he certainly pulled his own that year.

A. Trialist

just going to put it out there that we may just be allowing him to train with us and the post is getting slightly carried away with things. also gives us more flexibility in playing a certain style with a big lump target man during pre season so the rest of the team can play in the same system but we dont have to use dex for every minute we are trying to play that way.
    p.s i agree with the comment about getting someone else in on a loan instead of henderson IF he were to sign.

First Team

Hendo is at most a short term stopgap solution. Last season , we kept on pushing Antonio upfront due of a lack of a natural no.9 who can win the high balls.

First Team

hendos legs went before our eyes during his last season with us

what an absolute horse shit signing IF he does sign