Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Viv Anderson

Default Re: Darius Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post

Appi bothdi big Darazzus.

Not a great player by any means, but one who did his job and who's contribution was very underrated here. Would kill for someone like him in the squad now.

If half the supposed "awesome" players we've signed did their expected job to half his degree - players such as Carvalho, Da Costa, Mir etc. - we wouldn't be in this mess now.
    I remember a great last minute goal at Blackburn at the end of a boring 0-0 after Jamie Mackie had harried (fouled?) the keeper.

A reminder that a big bustling CF doesn't have to be the greatest footballer, just putting the fear of God up central defenders gives others a chance to use their skills. Although in that instance it was the other way round.

How not to chose an example to illustrate your point.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

I always felt we played better as a team with him in. But the chances created he tended to miss. I remember going to Hull away under Billy 2 and he scored the equaliser before McGugan got the winner both at our end. Fantastic

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    I always felt we played better as a team with him in. But the chances created he tended to miss. I remember going to Hull away under Billy 2 and he scored the equaliser before McGugan got the winner both at our end. Fantastic
    Was that the game George Boyd scored against us after the infamous failed eye test? If so that was a brilliant away day.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Definitely mate. Too many folk don't respect that a player is in the side first and foremost to do a job. That's why to me Carvalho has been so wank, because the job he's in the side for he rarely actually does (esp against tougher opposition).

Hendo hustled defenders, let them knew they were in for a game, and didn't have bad goal record to boot either. All the technical and other such fluff like speed etc. comes secondary. Get 11 men all doing their role to a decent standard and relegation isn't a worry. Hell it's all Billy did with Hendo, Derbyshite, Cox, Collins etc. and we were top 6 for most the season.

How we've not managed to land someone to fill the role he did in over 3 years now is quite astounding.

Nigel Clough

I actually quite liked Henderson. A player like him would be very useful to us right now IMO.

Wally Ardron

Definitely mate. Too many folk don't respect that a player is in the side first and foremost to do a job. That's why to me Carvalho has been so wank, because the job he's in the side for he rarely actually does (esp against tougher opposition).
    LOL that you pick out one player. The entre squad has been mainly w@nk for over a year. The one player you pick out hasn't even been part of it. How about go for Grabban or Lolley both stealing wages for 18 - 20 months now.

Maybe you should look a the manager too, not allowing players to play their natural game. Why not play the game suited to the payers you have? Or maybe try motivating hem better? Game after game we come out looking less interested than the opposition.

Although in the case of the player you highlight the blame has to land almost entirely with the people who sanctioned the purchase at that price.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    LOL that you pick out one player. The entre squad has been mainly w@nk for over a year. The one player you pick out hasn't even been part of it. How about go for Grabban or Lolley both stealing wages for 18 - 20 months now.

Maybe you should look a the manager too, not allowing players to play their natural game. Why not play the game suited to the payers you have? Or maybe try motivating hem better? Game after game we come out looking less interested than the opposition.
    Baseless criticisms like this tend to come out when you've decided you want the manager out come what may.

Id also like to know which players are being held back from flowering into expansive footballers?

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Baseless criticisms like this tend to come out when you've decided you want the manager out come what may.

Id also like to know which players are being held back from flowering into expansive footballers?
    I agree.
    I think we have a mid/lower mid Championship squad that has made a poor start due to lack of preparation and
    some bad luck(COVID outbreak).
    I believe there is a possibility that we could gradually dig ourselves out of real trouble,but anyone expecting
    'champagne football'(with or without a change of head coach),is in my view,delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post

Although in the case of the player you highlight the blame has to land almost entirely with the people who sanctioned the purchase at that price.
    Carvalho's our record ever signing and still has his name sung at matches, despite having one the square root of fuck all for literally years under several managers and in several leagues now. He's the perfect example of hype over a player who can actually do a job like Hendo.

He got picked because there is no finer example. The others you mention don't have the hype, and most have done the job required of them to a far more significant degree in that time (e.g. Grabs has had 2 years scoring 15+ goals).

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 07-09-21 at 13:10.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Was that the game George Boyd scored against us after the infamous failed eye test? If so that was a brilliant away day.
    Yeah that was the one mate. Not many Forest away days in the last twenty years have we gone in to h/t 1-0 down and turned it round in the second half attacking the away end. Brentford away in league one when we were 20 down and won 4-2. After that tge mind has gone sadly blank!!

Viv Anderson

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I actually quite liked Henderson. A player like him would be very useful to us right now IMO.
    Henderson and Big Dele Adebola

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    For how Hughton sets us up, you're probably right.

Grenville Morris

Hughton would love a Henderson type striker no doubt.

Always thought he did a decent job for us, there were games when we played teams like every Forest team of the past five years that can't defend crosses where he looked like a world beater, but likewise games when we went up against Millwall type teams where he wasn't anywhere near as effective.

6/10 player, we've done much worse in the past.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Hughton would love a Henderson type striker no doubt.

Always thought he did a decent job for us, there were games when we played teams like every Forest team of the past five years that can't defend crosses where he looked like a world beater, but likewise games when we went up against Millwall type teams where he wasn't anywhere near as effective.

6/10 player, we've done much worse in the past.
    I think the fact that we spent £19m on 2 players to give us one effective way of playing in Carvalho and Grabban, but not been able to find a cheap brute/target man option to switch that up, says it all about how clueless we've been in recent years.

There really has been no overall thought to what we're doing at all.

Grenville Morris

I think the fact that we spent £19m on 2 players to give us one effective way of playing in Carvalho and Grabban, but not been able to find a cheap brute/target man option to switch that up, says it all about how clueless we've been in recent years.

There really has been no overall thought to what we're doing at all.
    The £13m on Carvalho wasn't just for him though, rightly or wrongly that was the entry price to the Mendes club. We paid £6m for Grabban cos he was a goalscorer.

But yeah you're right, our target men of the last decade have been Darius Henderson, Daryl Murphy and Greg Halford, which is pretty poor considering many other teams in this league have overachieved simply by having a team of brutes like Cardiff or Millwall. Just having the option of a big target man even if we don't rely on him as a first choice starter would be nice.

Impressive member

Starting to think that this 'investment' into the Mendes Club was brought to us by Pineapple Books.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

It'd be nice if we could have a few threads that didn't turn into the same cyclical carvalho arguments.

Happy birthday to the big thug. Wasn't he close to going to prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_red View Post
    Wasn't he close to going to prison?
    Yeah, but when the judge heard he was going to Forest they decided that was punishment enough.

Matchday Squad

Was pretty decent, shame he was a bit old when he arrived here.