Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Hurst

    23 41.07%
  • Onions

    33 58.93%
Page 1005 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100310041005100610071015 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,125 of 25563
  1. #25101
    13th Duke of Wybourne
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hughton's Underpants
    Posts
    48,297

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1965 View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion Bryn? My wife's mountain bike is a Cube, she’s had it about 5 years now and it’s as good as it was new and it has had some hammer.
    Because they're outsourcing more and more manufacturing. "Built in" is a misnomer nowadays.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #25102
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,517

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1965 View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion Bryn? My wife's mountain bike is a Cube, sheís had it about 5 years now and itís as good as it was new and it has had some hammer.
    Talking to people in the industry.

    Iím not sure what the life expectancy is of a bicycle now but I know the industry is more inclined to encourage further purchases. Thatís one of the reasons things like mudguards, racks, lights etc are now add-ons when they once come as standard.

    Youíve only got to go an Eroica event to see how well bikes were made and how long they last if you look after them. They were built to last a lifetime with care, but I donít suppose there much profit in that is there.


  4. #25103
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,517

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    it's like talking to my dad. "EE lad you don't want none of that foreign rubbish, always buy British".
    "How's the Allegro going dad"?
    "Shut it you cheeky little fucker"!

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Iíd buy a Dutch bike tomorrow if one came along at the right price. They make a lot of solid bikes that are kitted out properly to begin with. I appreciate they are mostly utility bikes though and wonít suit the needs of someone that wants something for sport.


  5. #25104
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Iíd buy a Dutch bike tomorrow if one came along at the right price. They make a lot of solid bikes that are kitted out properly to begin with. I appreciate they are mostly utility bikes though and wonít suit the needs of someone that wants something for sport.
    Foam hands and a pair of clogs. You'll look a right Bobby dazzler.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  6. #25105

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Foam hands and a pair of clogs. You'll look a right Bobby dazzler.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Not forgetting the big fat spliff hanging out his mouth
    You talking about them step through bikes you see everywhere in the Netherlands Brynn?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #25106
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,517

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Not forgetting the big fat spliff hanging out his mouth
    You talking about them step through bikes you see everywhere in the Netherlands Brynn?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t be against a step thru but more stuff like Gazelles and Batavus with diamond frames, like this https://www.dutchbikeshop.co.uk/dutch-bikes-2


  8. #25107

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I wouldnít be against a step thru but more stuff like Gazelles and Batavus with diamond frames, like this https://www.dutchbikeshop.co.uk/dutch-bikes-2
    Solid looking bike.


    I have had a Marin for twenty odd years now and it has been punished
    Changed the forks once, the wheels twice , new brakes a couple of times and gear sets three times
    Frame got bent on a bad descent so changed that about ten years ago, apart from that itís still going strong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #25108
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    33,517

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    Solid looking bike.


    I have had a Marin for twenty odd years now and it has been punished
    Changed the forks once, the wheels twice , new brakes a couple of times and gear sets three times
    Frame got bent on a bad descent so changed that about ten years ago, apart from that it’s still going strong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  10. #25109
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Someone said to me yesterday, " I can't understand why there is a shortage of drivers in the UK, apparently they are paying really good money now".

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  11. #25110
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Ah so the shortage of lorry drivers is down to Tony Blair. Those straws they keep clutching at are getting a bit scarce. https://www.indy100.com/politics/and...rtage-b1894645

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  12. #25111
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Had some amusing tales from holiday reps that I know that have had to deal with people who still think they are entitled to the same cigarette allowance when returning to the UK.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  13. #25112
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Someone said to me yesterday, " I can't understand why there is a shortage of drivers in the UK, apparently they are paying really good money now".

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Its just our economy and political systems getting used to change. The beauty about our points system is if we cant get native lorry drivers after a wage increase than we can just alter our points system to pull in more lorry drivers.

    Also if you think many people care about slight economic gains of being in or out than you are not seeing the whole picture of why we left.

    If it were a case we just want the best economic outcome regardless of national feeling and independence than why dont we join the US as the 52nd state?

    Ireland left the UK and they suffered economically but no one cares about that in Ireland. Same with the Scottish debate here, its absolutely pointless going on about slight economic gains when Scotland can easily be a successful independent nation and most Scots dont give a crap about the economics of it all and thats fair enough if they dont feel British and want a government looking after Scottish interests than so be it.

    Me personally I am being brutally honest I have not seen much change to my life but the government I voted for can affect more change in policy and to me its been worth it.


  14. #25113
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Its just our economy and political systems getting used to change. The beauty about our points system is if we cant get native lorry drivers after a wage increase than we can just alter our points system to pull in more lorry drivers.

    Also if you think many people care about slight economic gains of being in or out than you are not seeing the whole picture of why we left.

    If it were a case we just want the best economic outcome regardless of national feeling and independence than why dont we join the US as the 52nd state?

    Ireland left the UK and they suffered economically but no one cares about that in Ireland. Same with the Scottish debate here, its absolutely pointless going on about slight economic gains when Scotland can easily be a successful independent nation and most Scots dont give a crap about the economics of it all and thats fair enough if they dont feel British and want a government looking after Scottish interests than so be it.

    Me personally I am being brutally honest I have not seen much change to my life but the government I voted for can affect more change in policy and to me its been worth it.
    Please tell me the economic gains? You really think the drivers will come back now. They've been told they aren't welcome. They may give you the finger if you beg them to come back but that's all you'll get

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

    Last edited by Lefkasman; 02-08-21 at 12:48.

  15. #25114
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Please tell me the economic gains? You really think the drivers will come back now. They've been told they aren't welcome. They may give you the finger if you beg them to come back but that's all you'll get

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    I havent mentioned economic gains I said people dont really care if we were to lose some money. As for Lorry Drivers of course they will come back if the pay was right. Plenty of people will come here in fact we have people dying in the channel to get here from safe nations.

    Plenty of other nations have controlled borders like Australia, Canada, USA etc.... and are attracting thousands of skilled and unskilled migrants.


  16. #25115
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I havent mentioned economic gains I said people dont really care if we were to lose some money. As for Lorry Drivers of course they will come back if the pay was right. Plenty of people will come here in fact we have people dying in the channel to get here from safe nations.

    Plenty of other nations have controlled borders like Australia, Canada, USA etc....
    After 30 years in haulage, I might know slightly more about drivers than you. One thing is it's not all about money it's about conditions too. Boris telling them they can now work more than the 15 hours they are already allowed to do has been like a red rag to a bull.
    Drivers have left, they've got jobs in other countries . They ain't coming back.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  17. #25116
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    After 30 years in haulage, I might know slightly more about drivers than you. One thing is it's not all about money it's about conditions too. Boris telling them they can now work more than the 15 hours they are already allowed to do has been like a red rag to a bull.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    However that may be true of Boris and you will know more than me but what you described about conditions is not the principle of Brexit though. If its conditions thats something that can be changed to attract the labour.

    If you look at the median wage in Eastern Europe and the fact our language is one of the most spoken in the world, if Britain made an attempt to woo skilled haulage workers I dont think we would struggle to be honest.

    I have just recently employed a girl in our office who came to UK when she was 5 from Poland. I asked why they emigrated and it was purely for money quote was better pay in the UK. I dont think we would struggle to attract migrants if we made haulage work an essential skilled job with our points system.


  18. #25117

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    I really don't know where to start. Shooting fish comes to mind.


  19. #25118
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,317

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    After 30 years in haulage, I might know slightly more about drivers than you. One thing is it's not all about money it's about conditions too. Boris telling them they can now work more than the 15 hours they are already allowed to do has been like a red rag to a bull.
    Drivers have left, they've got jobs in other countries . They ain't coming back.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Don't do it Lefkasman!


  20. #25119
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,317

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hughton,we have a problem View Post
    I really don't know where to start.
    Then don't!


  21. #25120
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    However that may be true of Boris and you will know more than me but what you described about conditions is not the principle of Brexit though. If its conditions thats something that can be changed to attract the labour.

    If you look at the median wage in Eastern Europe and the fact our language is one of the most spoken in the world, if Britain made an attempt to woo skilled haulage workers I dont think we would struggle to be honest.

    I have just recently employed a girl in our office who came to UK when she was 5 from Poland. I asked why they emigrated and it was purely for money quote was better pay in the UK. I dont think we would struggle to attract migrants if we made haulage work an essential skilled job with our points system.
    Yes but Johnson won't do that will he? He's just told the drivers he has left to do more hours. Typical Tory solution. He won't do it because he won't admit he's wrong and he's frightened of upsetting his brexiteer voters by letting those nasty foreigners back in.
    The sooner the UK realises immigration isn't a problem but the class system is then it could move forward. But Mogg Farage and Johnson don't want that. Those nasty foreigners are stealing the jobs. Well they aren't now.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  22. #25121
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,317

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Yes but Johnson won't do that will he? He's just told the drivers he has left to do more hours. Typical Tory solution. He won't do it because he won't admit he's wrong and he's frightened of upsetting his brexiteer voters by letting those nasty foreigners back in.
    The sooner the UK realises immigration isn't a problem but the class system is then it could move forward. But Mogg Farage and Johnson don't want that. Those nasty foreigners are stealing the jobs. Well they aren't now.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! !!!!!!!!!!


  23. #25122
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, behaving now.

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


  24. #25123
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    98,217

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post

    Ireland left the UK and they suffered economically but no one cares about that in Ireland.
    I donít mean to be rude Emmo, but thatís nonsense.

    Ireland - the island of Ireland - wanted home rule. The British government didnít want that, so (after several failed attempts) the Irish Free State was founded in 1922, with 26 of the 32 counties involved.

    The Irish Civil War that followed was a cause of economic uncertainty, but the economic collapse of the late 1920s affected the Free State like many other countries.

    Plenty care about it in Ireland, as itís a fundamental tenet of the Republican movement (which eventually aims to re-align the 32 counties in a United Irish Republic).

    The Irish cause was self-determination; nothing at all in common with the insular approach that drove Brexit.

    ĄI believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialismď

    ĄDon't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.Ē

    ó Joe Strummer

  25. #25124
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    20,317

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Sorry, behaving now.



  26. #25125
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    15,582

    Default Re: The Big BREXIT discussion!

    They've not honoured the agreement? Well shock horror who would have thought it? https://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-deportation

    Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •