Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 2,476 to 2,498 of 2498

Thread: Tyler Walker

Ian Storey-Moore

Default Re: Tyler Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Looks like a young Lewis Grabban here: https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...makes-it-2-nil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    5 goals and an assist in an injury interrupted season in a relegation team.. Fair fucks..

Massive Member

There's a thread for this now Alfred. No need to pebbledash the site anymore.

There's a thread for this now Alfred. No need to pebbledash the site anymore.
    For what, stats?

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    For what, stats?
    No the inevitable theme this is going to follow.

No the inevitable theme this is going to follow.

First Team

Posting cock pics again

Ian Storey-Moore

So just to clarify, if we’d just stuck with Tyler and Mighten we might have made the playoffs last year and we wouldn’t have to sell Worrall in the summer?

Finishes the season on 8 goals. More goals than any of our current squad managed. Full stats.....

That's a goal every 237 min assuming that he played 90min in the cup.

To put that into contrast, Grabban's stats are....

This season a goal every 334 min.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 09-05-21 at 18:33.

Barely getting any game time now at Coventry and limited to sub appearances in the latter parts of games since Gyokeres has been banging them in.

So, with that in mind, would anyone be up for taking him back in Jan?

In a position where we are desperate for cover, I can't think of many young, cheap forwards who have proven they can score at this level which we could snag tbh. Got more goals then anyone in our team last season too.

Taylor out Walker in would make sense to me. Younger, on cheaper wages, will be playing alongside lads who he'll already have an understanding with from the academy. I know he's no world beater, but we need some depth up front and if he's playing the backup role, I reckon he'd sooner do it here with his old mates than at Cov.

13th Duke of Wybourne

He's seemingly fir in with the new Coops model.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Viv Anderson

Ah yes, what a logical signing that would be.

We sold him because he wasn't yet good enough for Championship football, now he plays for a Championship club where he is playing a role where he has proven he is not yet good enough for Championship football - so let's resign him.

Best served cold

Nah, no point swapping a duff striker for another. We go on and on about Forest bringing in players for the sake of numbers rather than quality that genuinely fills the role we need it to, and Walker isn't going to improve that spot.

We need to bring in a striker who is able to do a job at this level which is score goals when called upon.

Walker wouldn't add anything more than Taylor and would only be blocking the way for Swan, who we could just give the opportunity to instead.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Wally Ardron

Barely getting any game time now at Coventry and limited to sub appearances in the latter parts of games since Gyokeres has been banging them in.

So, with that in mind, would anyone be up for taking him back in Jan?

In a position where we are desperate for cover, I can't think of many young, cheap forwards who have proven they can score at this level which we could snag tbh. Got more goals then anyone in our team last season too.

Taylor out Walker in would make sense to me. Younger, on cheaper wages, will be playing alongside lads who he'll already have an understanding with from the academy. I know he's no world beater, but we need some depth up front and if he's playing the backup role, I reckon he'd sooner do it here with his old mates than at Cov.

Alf, this is one where maybe you need to
    Hold your hand up and say you were (probably) wrong…
    It proves that theres no definitive way to run recruitment and for all the wanking over Brereton (3+ seasons down the line) the Tyler trajectory should be a warning that all the academy produces doesn’t turn to gold…

Of course the lack of impact may be because he’s being asked to
    Play a role he can’t of some other reason but football is a hard task master-I’m sure tgat Lyke Taylor will have plenty of excuses about his failure here and possibly legitimate ones. But football is a hard task master and fans don’t care for strikers who don’t play and don’t score.

We’re desperate for a striker IMO but Tyler’s record since leaving Lincoln wouldn’t make me take the risk…

Jack Armstrong

Not for me.

He'll probably cost £1m or so and his wages might not be cheap anymore given it'd be his 2nd senior move. Obviously won't be extortionate but you're probably looking nearer to £10k a week which will be double that of someone who's signed from the lower leagues and relatively unproven still, or from abroad.

I trust Murphy to find a better player than Walker for £1m and £10k a week.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Shouldn't we be aiming a little higher than a player from Coventry's bench? If he wasn't ex-Forest no one would be suggesting him as a signing.

Viv Anderson

In hindsight would probably have been better to keep than lash out money on Taylor’s huge wages. But certainly wouldn’t want to go out if our way to bring him back.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    In hindsight would probably have been better to keep than lash out money on Taylor’s huge wages. But certainly wouldn’t want to go out if our way to bring him back.
    Yeah he's a younger better cheaper Taylor but those making decisions back then didn't have a clue so that boat has sailed now.. It was a crazy decision but we've seen a fair few of those..

Ian Storey-Moore

Walker's only a bench warmer at Cov and dosent fit into the system there apparently, it was probably one of the more least regretful decisions letting him go

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Going on loan to Pompey in League One, some of the comments from Cov supporters aren't the nicest.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Going on loan to Pompey in League One, some of the comments from Cov supporters aren't the nicest.
    That's a shame. He's always come across as a good honest lad trying his best.

Also can finish when he gets in the right positions. I do suspect League 1 is his level though. He's scored goals for fun there before at Lincoln.

Fingers crossed he finds his environment.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    His problem is there recruitment has been spot on and they have some decent players and strikers at the minute. He was injured and then has not been able to get back in the team. Compared to there other strikers if you look at minutes per goal his still on 195 which is practically the same.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    His problem is there recruitment has been spot on and they have some decent players and strikers at the minute. He was injured and then has not been able to get back in the team. Compared to there other strikers if you look at minutes per goal his still on 195 which is practically the same.
    Confirmed now.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...walker-3531909

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk