Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Jordan Gabriel

Grenville Morris

Default Re: Jordan Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    I just think you can move clubs without having an obvious dig at your old one

Particularly as he's where he is largely thanks to our youth system
    But he tweeted thanks to Forest and especially Gary Brazil and the academy.

Then perhaps the 'wanted' bit was in relation to Blackpool really wanting him and people have taken it the wrong way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Can't help but be reminded of how folk were ready to offload Cash after a handful of games at RB for us in Lamouchi's season.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse like so many others have.
    Cash looked very raw but very good/promising at RB, from that preseason where he started there I was cautiously optimistic. Gabriel however looked awful v Crewe and I said to my cousin he isn't good enough for this league yet, he has then done nothing to prove my thought wrong.

That's not to say he won't improve, but I think the club know he's probably reached his near potential so aren't worried about him become the next cash.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Grenville Morris

In any case, he's 23 and didn't get a crack at first team level really. Instead we bought Jenkinson in which just went perfectly.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    https://twitter.com/jxgabriel_/statu...88382610747397
    "Delighted to be back and be at a place where I’m wanted!"
    Really he just prefers “seaside chips”.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Cash looked very raw but very good/promising at RB, from that preseason where he started there I was cautiously optimistic. Gabriel however looked awful v Crewe and I said to my cousin he isn't good enough for this league yet, he has then done nothing to prove my thought wrong.

That's not to say he won't improve, but I think the club know he's probably reached his near potential so aren't worried about him become the next cash.

He got his chance, didn't take it, move him on.

For me his comments lack taste.

Grenville Morris

If 4 games is what players get to fit in and prove themselves then we’ll do well to put a side out for the rest of the season

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    For me his comments lack taste.
    Agreed.

Wording is terrible, if he didn't mean it to be snarky. Dumb too - as if he does well at Blackpool and wants to move his career on then snide comments like that will put bigger clubs off who will recruit not just based on talent but personality too.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

13th Duke of Wybourne

I think it's a dig at Hughton more than anyone. His tweet before about fans, gaz baz etc seemed genuine. He obviously was told he was free to go, after 8 years that must sting a bit.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Viv Anderson

Best performance at the city ground for the lad....shame it was against us though.

Looked completely different to the lad that played for us.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Best performance at the city ground for the lad....shame it was against us though.

Looked completely different to the lad that played for us.

So did the rest of the Forest team since the last time Gabriel played at the WFCG.

Something’s changed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Grenville Morris

Pft celebrated against us.

Ian Storey-Moore

Yeah he did but you know what, he also was out of position for the first goal and we've just beat his team so it don't matter.

Ian Storey-Moore

Credit to him for doing a lap of the ground after the game. Plenty of ex-players with bigger reputations than him have ignored us as we have applauded them, it's nice to see that he appreciates everything the club has done for him.

That tackle on Grabban was absolutely outstanding as well.

Matchday Squad

Thought he did pretty well, got the header in that led to their goal but got caught out for our goal. A challenge in first half that needlessly gave away corner showed he was up for it. Good move for him as with our system n wing backs he wudn’t be in 18.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Credit to him for doing a lap of the ground after the game. Plenty of ex-players with bigger reputations than him have ignored us as we have applauded them, it's nice to see that he appreciates everything the club has done for him.

That tackle on Grabban was absolutely outstanding as well.
    That tackle, that chance would have been bread and butter for grabs especially in the form is in at the minute

Grenville Morris

Don't think he was necessarily out of position for our first, it was just a very, very good pass and Lowe brought it down perfectly, giving Gabriel not enough time to get across.

Thought he played well with little to no protection. He'll be a solid player at this level.

Ian Storey-Moore

Lowe had his number 1st half but Gabriel stepped it up with a great showing after the break.

He was always going to put an extra shift in here given what seemed a bit of a sour exit. He certainly has the energy for a wing back but in terms of running at players and getting decent balls in, I think Spence has the edge.

Plenty of starts at this level with Blackpool is exactly what he needs to progress.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Don't think he was necessarily out of position for our first, it was just a very, very good pass and Lowe brought it down perfectly, giving Gabriel not enough time to get across.

Thought he played well with little to no protection. He'll be a solid player at this level.
    I thought he played really well. Theres plenty better and more experienced than him that would have been done by that pass and touch from Lowe so I wouldn't hold that against him-sometimes as a defender you've just got to hold your hand up and say "well done" when theres a bit of quality that gets the better of you. What I did like about him was he got forward consistently and with a bit of pace. Not upset we let him go (assuming we keep our two loanees) and I'm glad hes making a living..

Matchday Squad

He played well and to be honest I'd expect him too, he will have wanted to prove something and with that in mind it was fair that he celebrated, the walk around at the end had a small touch of class after that parting shot at Hoots (that in retrospect looks more and more fair....)