Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2731

Thread: Nigel Clough

Where's me hammer?

Default Re: Nigel Clough

I want it to be saunders so his song can be the chrous to this song, as sung to him by the villa fans in his playing days

https://youtu.be/__WJJgIXk6U

Much better than, "embargoshite, attack lite, soundbite, dougie" or whatever the few used to sing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    i want a board of managers, davies, SOD, pearce and dougie, a defensive, attacking, passionate, passing masterclass!!!
    Well Fawaz is pinning all his hopes on appointing a perfect super manager.

Being Forest manager could be like jury service - you randomly get selected and have to take the time out to do your duty.

You have been selected to be NFFC manager for one calender month commencing on -/-/- and must attend the City Ground at 9am on -/-/-.
    Your name was randomly selected from the season ticket register

Managing NFFC is an important public duty (don't laugh) and you will be required to make decisions on behalf of a community of impatient and demanding football watching fans. You are one of many people selected to perform this important role each year.

Make sure you read the enclosed leaflet 'Coping with booing and online abuse' before you attend'.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

Being Forest manager could be like jury service - you randomly get selected and have to take the time out to do your duty.

You have been selected to be NFFC manager for one calender month commencing on -/-/- and must attend the City Ground at 9am on -/-/-.

Managing NFFC is an important public duty (don't laugh) and you will be required to make decisions on behalf of a community of impatient and demanding football watching fans. You are one of many people selected to perform this important role each year.

Make sure you read the enclosed leaflet 'Coping with booing and online abuse' before you attend'.
    Haha, I should have read this before the 'boo the players' thread as I'm sure this post would've put me in a calmer mood!

account deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

Not so much jury service as dreary service then?

Suggest Fawaz appoints NLN now, give him until the end of the season by which time he can demonstrate he ain't good enough, Fawaz can sack him & we can start afresh next season.
    Satisfies the pro Nigel faction ( he was given every opportunity ) & the anti NLN's when we are under a new manager next season.

Banned

The appointment of Nigel Clough, wouldn't bring the enormous amount of expectation that it would have generated a few years ago.

The club is on its heels, we are on the ropes as someone else said, we now need snookers to avoid relegation.

Behind the scenes is like a Shakesphere comedy, whilst on the pitch, which ever way we look, there is no forward direction.

No one could, would or should expect anything else from a new man, other than stabilise the team and then rebuild, for the next few seasons, because we are going nowhere forward in the foreseeable future.

A safe tried and tested pair of hands at this level.......Nigel Clough, come on home.

NLN - God help us.

Where's me hammer?

Clough aint gonna cone at this point, hes a team to get promoted for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Clough aint gonna cone at this point, hes a team to get promoted for starters
    Yep & he's in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory at Burton.

Burton were always punching above their weight and being top after a half a season is different to carrying it on for a full season whether Clough or who ever was there.

Got to admire the fact he has brought in 3 loans. 1 youngster each from Derby (Mason Bennett), Leicester (Hamza Choudhury), Tyler Walker (Forest) all being teenagers.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Burton were always punching above their weight and being top after a half a season is different to carrying it on for a full season whether Clough or who ever was there.

Got to admire the fact he has brought in 3 loans. 1 youngster each from Derby (Mason Bennett), Leicester (Hamza Choudhury), Tyler Walker (Forest) all being teenagers.
    Correct.

Burton fans really are an exceptional bunch. They are overjoyed to be where they are, they would be disappointed if they missed out, but they really don't care. They know that they are punching well above their weight and are happy and grateful to the man who got them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroll View Post
    Correct.

Burton fans really are an exceptional bunch. They are overjoyed to be where they are, they would be disappointed if they missed out, but they really don't care. They know that they are punching well above their weight and are happy and grateful to the man who got them there.
    These comments will go by unnoticed.

But I've come to the realisation if it isn't O'Neill or a really young talented manager who is a good young coach on the training pitch who wants to develop players (locally or from overseas) then I would want Our number 9 back home.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    These comments will go by unnoticed.

But I've come to the realisation if it isn't O'Neill or a really young talented manager who is a good young coach on the training pitch who wants to develop players (locally or from overseas) then I would want Our number 9 back home.
    Me too. My all time favourite player, but I really don't want him as manager. However, the way things currently stand, and with some of the ridiculous names being bandied about, I would bite your hand off for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Me too. My all time favourite player, but I really don't want him as manager. However, the way things currently stand, and with some of the ridiculous names being bandied about, I would bite your hand off for him right now.
    Evans and Ince

This thread is now the same number of pages as the new manager thread! And the page number is the last two digits of the year Forest last won the FA Cup!

Probably a coincidence rather than an omen though.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    This thread is now the same number of pages as the new manager thread! And the page number is the last two digits of the year Forest last won the FA Cup!

Probably a coincidence rather than an omen though.
    And the ref was called Clough

The Foam Hand

Another great result for him and Burton again today

Would be my choice - can work to a budget (as he had to at Derby), can motivate team. Sadly, Stuart Pearce,showed that a fine player as he was, he couldn't motivate a team of players as a coach/manager... As he showed in some style in the England U21 tournament. Nigel, or O'neill get my vote... Just as long as it's not Keano!

Quote Originally Posted by Erroll View Post
    Correct.

What, JFH?

Sage

Plays boring football so how can he be considered? I don't mind the idea of him setting foundations but how is a credible candidate when fans moan every week that we don't attack enough? Including me as well I admit.

I'm not bothered about attack to be honest but I want us to be dynamic and freedman had that for a small while when we countered with real pace.

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Plays boring football so how can he be considered? I don't mind the idea of him setting foundations but how is a credible candidate when fans moan every week that we don't attack enough? Including me as well I admit.

I'm not bothered about attack to be honest but I want us to be dynamic and freedman had that for a small while when we countered with real pace.
    We're all agreed our club has limited appeal, we aint going to get a manager that ticks all the boxes.

Each viable candidate should bring something to the table that takes us a step forward. Clough may well deliver dull football, but he does it with some degree of success. Add to that his success on shoestring budgets, his appeal to a dwindling fanbase and his cup pedigree, you have a feasible option worth serious consideration.

He's a step up from where we've come from.

Last edited by MASE; 10-04-16 at 01:54.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    We're all agreed our club has limited appeal, we aint going to get a manager that ticks all the boxes.

Each viable candidate will bring something to the table that takes us a step forward. Clough may well deliver dull football,but he does it with some degree of success. Add to that his success on shoestring budgets, his appeal to a dwindling fanbase and his cup pedigree, you have a feasible option worth serious consideration.

He's a step up from where we've come from.
    The cups one is a real lottery I he may come to us and do poorly in them. I'm just amazed because I read for years that we don't attack enough at home under loads of different mangers then Clough is now being considered?

Don't get me wrong the list of managers is bad and I would pick Clough over except for poyet, Pearson and oneil ( I don't think pearson or oneil would come) So yeah but if we are getting Clough then why didn't we just stick with freedman?

Up-Front

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    The cups one is a real lottery I he may come to us and do poorly in them. I'm just amazed because I read for years that we don't attack enough at home under loads of different mangers then Clough is now being considered?

Don't get me wrong the list of managers is bad and I would pick Clough over except for poyet, Pearson and oneil ( I don't think pearson or oneil would come) So yeah but if we are getting Clough then why didn't we just stick with freedman?
    Point taken on the cups, but then Clough may come here & play free flowing football. Always risky to condemn managers by associating them with a certain style, when they may come here & realise we have the tools to be a decent passing side.

Clough has alot more appeal over Freedman, he has a winning record, he'll add to the attendance, he'll bring an identity back to the club that some will find easier to buy into long term.

Last edited by MASE; 10-04-16 at 02:14.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Point taken on the cups, but then Clough may come here & play free flowing football. Always risky to condemn managers by associating them with a certain style, when they may come here & realise we have the tools to be a decent passing side.

Clough has alot more appeal over Freedman, he has a winning record, he'll add to the attendance, he'll bring an identity back to the club that some will find easier to buy into long term.
    Just my opinion I think the identity part and the fact he was attached to forest is overhyped. What we need is identity in a style of play throughout the club and continuity in that not neccasceraly personnel.

If I'm being honest I want to see tricky players back at the city ground, I want pace on the wings with a real skilful number 10 and I want my back four to be uncompromising and quick. Not a lot to ask for I know however I don't see many managers being progressive in that. I shudder when I think of the likes of Lennon, Cotterill, Clough, Bowyer, Gray. They are all the type of managers who would want 11 James Milners on the pitch.

I agree completely it will engage fans in the club but that's it really in my opinion, also after what his dad did wouldn't be a complete let down for you to see someone who is a legend in his own right not live up to anywhere near his dad's ability? It's like watching Peacey all over again when he was manager coming in with a poor record you just know what is going to happen.