Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 2832
    Massive Member

Default Re: Nigel Clough (sponsored by Carlos)

I approve of the title change Cheers Mods. Still waiting for his interview on RN will post up a summary after.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Massive Member

He's going to the next game, but not as manager, he's said he and his team will just say hello and good luck in the dressing room.

He's also said the only thing Mansfield don't have going for them is their league position. The facilities and everything else are spot on. He's also said he is looking forward to the Project.

Their chairmen has said it's a long term appointment. Hence the 3 year contract.

I don't think anyone thinks that this is a bad appointment and importantly, Nigel Clough is back in Nottinghamshire!

13th Duke of Wybourne

Good appointment from both sides, really. Wish him all the best but hopefully he's not to good as some will want him here.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Massive Member

EmmersonForest4 "Bellend"

Default Re: Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It is sad that we haven't give him a go here. I could understand it if we were against more hoofy-type managers, but EM's reign has totally turned it's back on our "traditional" footballing values, so no excuse from that angle.
    Pretty sure he got offered the job by Fawaz a couple of seasons ago and he turned it down?

Brilliant appointment for the Stags though. I would have gone down to watch them a few times this season now Nigel is in charge, but COVID . Hopefully we can build up a decent relationship with them and send a few of our young lads there.

Massive Member

Default Re: Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Pretty sure he got offered the job by Fawaz a couple of seasons ago and he turned it down?

Brilliant appointment for the Stags though. I would have gone down to watch them a few times this season now Nigel is in charge, but COVID . Hopefully we can build up a decent relationship with them and send a few of our young lads there.
    It is widely believed he was offered the job. I remember his post match interview at Burton where you could see his physically emotional answer when he was asked the question.

If it wasn't for fawaz and Nigel's screwed on head, he would have become forest manager then.

Massive Member

Nigel Clough will be happy to see Mansfield still in a cup competition, he does like a run in the cups.

Nigel Clough

I'm sure he'll get a chance with us at some point, nobody could blame him for dodging the poisoned chalice under Fazza.
    In the meantime I'll be hoping that he does well at the Stags, I certainly wish them well whatever.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Nigel Clough will be happy to see Mansfield still in a cup competition, he does like a run in the cups.
    Stags would have been out but for Master Clough.

Great start and Mansfield fans will be 'purring'.

Ian Storey-Moore

Looking good so far for our number nine

Massive Member

1 game 1 win. That'll do. Form like that will see them up there at the end.

Ian Storey-Moore

1 game 1 win. That'll do. Form like that will see them up there at the end.
    2 from 2. They best Scunny midweek

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    2 from 2. They best Scunny midweek
    I'm not going any further than 1 to maintain the 100% record through the season

It's all about mid-table...

I think we've missed a trick with Nigel, I told him ten years ago to get his arse down here. Replied he'd never been asked.

I said "well I'm tellin ya"

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I think we've missed a trick with Nigel, I told him ten years ago to get his arse down here. Replied he'd never been asked.

Give it time Ray.. He's just waiting for forest to go up so he can win the league and Fa cup double.

I've traditionally never been a fan of Nige as a manager, simple because I'd sooner us play more passing/attacking.

Under this ownership though they've pretty much focused on more attritional managers, so I'd be more than happy to see Nigel get a chance if Hughton gets sacked at any point.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    I've traditionally never been a fan of Nige as a manager, simple because I'd sooner us play more passing/attacking.
    It's a bit of a myth that mate, yes it was defensive and organised at his firefighting jobs, very attack focused when at Burton. The style is adapted to each opponent. Certainly from what I saw personally with 3 up top in most games.

oopsy daisy!

The closest I want Nigel Clough to get to the managers chair at Forest is when he's in the away dugout.

It would completely break me to see some of the 'experts' on here who are not fit to even clean his shoes as manager, coach or human being dissecting every performance and telling us all what he's doing wrong, supporting the campaign to get rid of him after 4 months and then slating him when he's gone.

Stay away Nigel. Be our number 9 forever, not another failure destroyed by the Forest 'faithful'

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The closest I want Nigel Clough to get to the managers chair at Forest is when he's in the away dugout.

It would completely break me to see some of the 'experts' on here who are not fit to even clean his shoes as manager, coach or human being dissecting every performance and telling us all what he's doing wrong, supporting the campaign to get rid of him after 4 months and then slating him when he's gone.

Stay away Nigel. Be our number 9 forever, not another failure destroyed by the Forest 'faithful'
    Absolutely true. An issue that will never be addressed is the so called "fans" that hang around like a fart in a lift.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

I’m kind of torn by both agreeing with this...but also still wanting him to do it, and be a success.

Gaff Lad

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I’m kind of torn by both agreeing with this...but also still wanting him to do it, and be a success.
    Same here Congo.

Massive Member

Unfortunately some are blinded by the ironic fact that he managed Derby at one point.

Ian Storey-Moore

Didn’t he reject us when Fawaz was in charge? Too much sense for Nottingham Forest

Ale ape.

Unfortunately some are blinded by the ironic fact that he managed Derby at one point.
    Well...Billy Davies (Alf flare)...(without even mentioning BC)

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Didn’t he reject us when Fawaz was in charge? Too much sense for Nottingham Forest
    Yes he did.