Viv Anderson

Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

No thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Split about Knokoneout, we need a conman in one respect but hate to see it.

Reminds me a that **** we got from Derby (cant remember his name? And rightly so) Blonde hair, scored against us when we stopped playing cuz a the Refs whistle.

Can see what they bring but too much wages fukumoff.
    Jamie Ward

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.
    On his day Anthony Knockhaert can be Magical to watch play football.

He just didn't bring it to the table often enough in his time here - I am more disappointed that it didn't happen than many others seem to be. People seem to be relieved that he didn't recapture his best form. Cant think why. I would have loved it if he could have gotten anywhere near his best.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    On his day Anthony Knockhaert can be Magical to watch play football.

He just didn't bring it to the table often enough in his time here - I am more disappointed that it didn't happen than many others seem to be. People seem to be relieved that he didn't recapture his best form. Cant think why. I would have loved it if he could have gotten anywhere near his best.
    You are completely right Noo. In principle it was a very good loan and we shouldn’t let daft revisionism affect that. Even if he’d hit 80% of his peak
    he would have been very dangerous abd despite the fact he didn’t you could see glimpses of what made him so dangerous. I’m not surprised he’s frustrated.
    Sad thing was it didn’t work and it wasn’t because he didn’t try hard-i still don’t really know why it didn’t catch fir him and I wouldn’t be so stupid as to say it might not happen for him
    Somewhere next season...

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    You are completely right Noo. In principle it was a very good loan and we shouldn’t let daft revisionism affect that. Even if he’d hit 80% of his peak
    he would have been very dangerous abd despite the fact he didn’t you could see glimpses of what made him so dangerous. I’m not surprised he’s frustrated.
    Sad thing was it didn’t work and it wasn’t because he didn’t try hard-i still don’t really know why it didn’t catch fir him and I wouldn’t be so stupid as to say it might not happen for him
    Somewhere next season...
    Not sure who you're throwing the term revisionism at, but I certainly wasn't in favour of bringing him into the club. I did expect Hughton to get a tune out of him, especially with such a big outlay in wages. It's a black mark against Hughton that he couldn't get him back to a shadow of his previous form under him. But worse was that he persevered and extended his loan when it was obvious he was adding little to nothing. Reported to be on 40k a week and us covering that, if we say he's with us for 9 months (no I've not checked for all you pedants out there) that's 1.5m we've just pissed up the wall.

Matchday Squad

Not sure who you're throwing the term revisionism at, but I certainly wasn't in favour of bringing him into the club. I did expect Hughton to get a tune out of him, especially with such a big outlay in wages. It's a black mark against Hughton that he couldn't get him back to a shadow of his previous form under him. But worse was that he persevered and extended his loan when it was obvious he was adding little to nothing. Reported to be on 40k a week and us covering that, if we say he's with us for 9 months (no I've not checked for all you pedants out there) that's 1.5m we've just pissed up the wall.
    We weren't paying all his wages

Matchday Squad

I’m not “throwing” any terms at anyone Ray. Revisionism is the currency of football forums. We’re all at it.
    And yes you are right it is a shame Hoots couldn’t get him where he was. The whole business of taking out of form and favour players (because it’s what you can get and can afford) is a difficult one though but it is a black Mark you are right

Ian Storey-Moore

Agreed seems like a complete dick to me and given he's done very little for a while now i thought it was a strange move. He probably helped us concede more than he created not sure if was one of CH finest calls, average 4.5/10 from me (hope we didn't pay too much towards his wages although i fear we probably paid the majority)!

First Team

Not really a strange move as Lolley and sammy was truly dire at the time. Any and every attack by them ends in the half way mark as they struggle to get pass the halfway point as they loses the ball constantly

Wally Ardron

Let's face it, if he was capable of getting anywhere near the levels he had for Brighton/Leicester then he wouldn't have come to Forest on loan to try and revive his career. He wasn't the worst loan we've had but i'm sure he cost quite a bit.
    Maybe a relegated Premierleague team might panic buy him, but I think Fulham will struggle to shift him in truth.

Matchday Squad

He's too easy to defend against now, relying on his left foot and irritate him and watch him go. Good player at one point but things have moved on since 3-4 years ago

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Let's face it, if he was capable of getting anywhere near the levels he had for Brighton/Leicester then he wouldn't have come to Forest on loan to try and revive his career. He wasn't the worst loan we've had but i'm sure he cost quite a bit.
    Maybe a relegated Premierleague team might panic buy him, but I think Fulham will struggle to shift him in truth.
    Forest are the type of club that would pay 2-3 mill and give him a 4 year contract (which is why we're constantly in the shit)..

First Team

Then Fulham was worse, under performed for them for a season but still have to pay 10 million as per their agreement, then immediately loan him to us. Now still stuck with him for 2 more years.

Up-Front

Youve cited him later on in the thread as a waste of money, difficult to disagree with that. As for the out & out cheat, thats a stretch given footballs full of em. We've a few in our team who's job it is to go over at the slightest touch to win cheap free kicks, but their deemed to be doing a decent job.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Youve cited him later on in the thread as a waste of money, difficult to disagree with that. As for the out & out cheat, thats a stretch given footballs full of em. We've a few in our team who's job it is to go over at the slightest touch to win cheap free kicks, but their deemed to be doing a decent job.
    Also from what I have seen of Brennan Johnson he dives a lot. If you dont like Knockaert you are going to hate Johnson.

Banned

You have to say Mighten goes down rather easily too

Nigel Clough

Yes but you see Lolley get fouled and doesn't go down, so no foul/penalty. Until that changes you can see why they go down a bit easily.

Ian Storey-Moore

As Ray said, it is a worry that Hughton couldn't get a tune out of him going forward with our attacking play next season.

Lolley, Ameobi, Grabban, Knockart, Krov, Freeman and Taylor can't all be poor following promising previous seasons. Hopefully it was just a few rotten cores spoiling the barrel and we can throw them out.

Viv Anderson

I noticed during a couple of the playoff finals that the refs were not instantly blowing up when players went down with theatrical dives.

Hopefully signalling a new awareness by officials that not everyone who falls down is fouled.