Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 701 to 720 of 720
  1. #701
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,537

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    No thank you.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #702
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    42,350

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Split about Knokoneout, we need a conman in one respect but hate to see it.

    Reminds me a that **** we got from Derby (cant remember his name? And rightly so) Blonde hair, scored against us when we stopped playing cuz a the Refs whistle.

    Can see what they bring but too much wages fukumoff.
    Jamie Ward

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  4. #703

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.


  5. #704
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.
    On his day Anthony Knockhaert can be Magical to watch play football.

    He just didn't bring it to the table often enough in his time here - I am more disappointed that it didn't happen than many others seem to be. People seem to be relieved that he didn't recapture his best form. Cant think why. I would have loved it if he could have gotten anywhere near his best.


  6. #705
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    933

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by NooForest View Post
    On his day Anthony Knockhaert can be Magical to watch play football.

    He just didn't bring it to the table often enough in his time here - I am more disappointed that it didn't happen than many others seem to be. People seem to be relieved that he didn't recapture his best form. Cant think why. I would have loved it if he could have gotten anywhere near his best.
    You are completely right Noo. In principle it was a very good loan and we shouldn’t let daft revisionism affect that. Even if he’d hit 80% of his peak
    he would have been very dangerous abd despite the fact he didn’t you could see glimpses of what made him so dangerous. I’m not surprised he’s frustrated.
    Sad thing was it didn’t work and it wasn’t because he didn’t try hard-i still don’t really know why it didn’t catch fir him and I wouldn’t be so stupid as to say it might not happen for him
    Somewhere next season...


  7. #706

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    You are completely right Noo. In principle it was a very good loan and we shouldn’t let daft revisionism affect that. Even if he’d hit 80% of his peak
    he would have been very dangerous abd despite the fact he didn’t you could see glimpses of what made him so dangerous. I’m not surprised he’s frustrated.
    Sad thing was it didn’t work and it wasn’t because he didn’t try hard-i still don’t really know why it didn’t catch fir him and I wouldn’t be so stupid as to say it might not happen for him
    Somewhere next season...
    Not sure who you're throwing the term revisionism at, but I certainly wasn't in favour of bringing him into the club. I did expect Hughton to get a tune out of him, especially with such a big outlay in wages. It's a black mark against Hughton that he couldn't get him back to a shadow of his previous form under him. But worse was that he persevered and extended his loan when it was obvious he was adding little to nothing. Reported to be on 40k a week and us covering that, if we say he's with us for 9 months (no I've not checked for all you pedants out there) that's 1.5m we've just pissed up the wall.


  8. #707
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Not sure who you're throwing the term revisionism at, but I certainly wasn't in favour of bringing him into the club. I did expect Hughton to get a tune out of him, especially with such a big outlay in wages. It's a black mark against Hughton that he couldn't get him back to a shadow of his previous form under him. But worse was that he persevered and extended his loan when it was obvious he was adding little to nothing. Reported to be on 40k a week and us covering that, if we say he's with us for 9 months (no I've not checked for all you pedants out there) that's 1.5m we've just pissed up the wall.
    We weren't paying all his wages


  9. #708
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    933

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Not sure who you're throwing the term revisionism at, but I certainly wasn't in favour of bringing him into the club. I did expect Hughton to get a tune out of him, especially with such a big outlay in wages. It's a black mark against Hughton that he couldn't get him back to a shadow of his previous form under him. But worse was that he persevered and extended his loan when it was obvious he was adding little to nothing. Reported to be on 40k a week and us covering that, if we say he's with us for 9 months (no I've not checked for all you pedants out there) that's 1.5m we've just pissed up the wall.
    I’m not “throwing” any terms at anyone Ray. Revisionism is the currency of football forums. We’re all at it.
    And yes you are right it is a shame Hoots couldn’t get him where he was. The whole business of taking out of form and favour players (because it’s what you can get and can afford) is a difficult one though but it is a black Mark you are right


  10. #709
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,808

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.
    Agreed seems like a complete dick to me and given he's done very little for a while now i thought it was a strange move. He probably helped us concede more than he created not sure if was one of CH finest calls, average 4.5/10 from me (hope we didn't pay too much towards his wages although i fear we probably paid the majority)!


  11. #710
    First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,779

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Not really a strange move as Lolley and sammy was truly dire at the time. Any and every attack by them ends in the half way mark as they struggle to get pass the halfway point as they loses the ball constantly


  12. #711
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Let's face it, if he was capable of getting anywhere near the levels he had for Brighton/Leicester then he wouldn't have come to Forest on loan to try and revive his career. He wasn't the worst loan we've had but i'm sure he cost quite a bit.
    Maybe a relegated Premierleague team might panic buy him, but I think Fulham will struggle to shift him in truth.


  13. #712
    Matchday Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    He's too easy to defend against now, relying on his left foot and irritate him and watch him go. Good player at one point but things have moved on since 3-4 years ago


  14. #713
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,808

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Let's face it, if he was capable of getting anywhere near the levels he had for Brighton/Leicester then he wouldn't have come to Forest on loan to try and revive his career. He wasn't the worst loan we've had but i'm sure he cost quite a bit.
    Maybe a relegated Premierleague team might panic buy him, but I think Fulham will struggle to shift him in truth.
    Forest are the type of club that would pay 2-3 mill and give him a 4 year contract (which is why we're constantly in the shit)..


  15. #714
    First Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,779

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Then Fulham was worse, under performed for them for a season but still have to pay 10 million as per their agreement, then immediately loan him to us. Now still stuck with him for 2 more years.


  16. #715
    Up-Front
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Divorce courts.
    Posts
    18,312

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Struggling to think of one of our players I've despised more. Hated him at the bin dippers and Brighton because he's an out and out cheat. Can't think of a mardier player we've ever had. If we were to re-sign him I'd be up for sacking whoever was behind it.
    Youve cited him later on in the thread as a waste of money, difficult to disagree with that. As for the out & out cheat, thats a stretch given footballs full of em. We've a few in our team who's job it is to go over at the slightest touch to win cheap free kicks, but their deemed to be doing a decent job.


  17. #716
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    10,658

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Youve cited him later on in the thread as a waste of money, difficult to disagree with that. As for the out & out cheat, thats a stretch given footballs full of em. We've a few in our team who's job it is to go over at the slightest touch to win cheap free kicks, but their deemed to be doing a decent job.
    Also from what I have seen of Brennan Johnson he dives a lot. If you dont like Knockaert you are going to hate Johnson.


  18. #717
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    7,560

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    You have to say Mighten goes down rather easily too


  19. #718
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Getting High
    Posts
    6,987

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    Yes but you see Lolley get fouled and doesn't go down, so no foul/penalty. Until that changes you can see why they go down a bit easily.


  20. #719
    Ian Storey-Moore
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,572

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    As Ray said, it is a worry that Hughton couldn't get a tune out of him going forward with our attacking play next season.

    Lolley, Ameobi, Grabban, Knockart, Krov, Freeman and Taylor can't all be poor following promising previous seasons. Hopefully it was just a few rotten cores spoiling the barrel and we can throw them out.


  21. #720
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,537

    Default Re: Its A. Knockaert!

    I noticed during a couple of the playoff finals that the refs were not instantly blowing up when players went down with theatrical dives.

    Hopefully signalling a new awareness by officials that not everyone who falls down is fouled.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •