Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3165
  1. #3151
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    94,317

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    What an absolute shower.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    „Don't forget you're alive. 'Cause sometimes when you walk around the city and you're in a bad mood, you can think, hey, wait a minute, we're alive! We don't know what the next second will bring and what a fantastic thing this is. This can get easily forgotten in the routine of life, and that's something I'm trying to bring to my attention at all times. Don't forget you're alive. We're not dead, you know. This is the greatest thing.”

    — Joe Strummer

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #3152

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread




  4. #3153

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Sold for 16m. Fair enough, can't turn that down.

    Can someone please point me in the direction of how that's moved us forward this year though?

    If the only purpose in selling our best players is to cover a high wage bill created by signing tons of shit players, surely the answer is to stop signing tons of shit players instead?


  5. #3154

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Sold for 16m. Fair enough, can't turn that down.

    Can someone please point me in the direction of how that's moved us forward this year though?

    If the only purpose in selling our best players is to cover a high wage bill created by signing tons of shit players, surely the answer is to stop signing tons of shit players instead?
    Are you new to the world of football, perchance ?


  6. #3155
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    Sold for 16m. Fair enough, can't turn that down.

    Can someone please point me in the direction of how that's moved us forward this year though?

    If the only purpose in selling our best players is to cover a high wage bill created by signing tons of shit players, surely the answer is to stop signing tons of shit players instead?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #3156
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    I like the idea that the recruiters are having a strategy meeting one day when someone suddenly says, “I know, why don’t we stop signing shit players?”. Everyone else: “That’s it! Why didn’t we think of this before? Now we know the secret there will be no stopping us”.

    THE TRUTH IS THERE AND WITH IT I GO TO THE END OF THE WORLD .

  8. #3157
    Massive Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    On Tour
    Posts
    24,687

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I like the idea that the recruiters are having a strategy meeting one day when someone suddenly says, “I know, why don’t we stop signing shit players?”. Everyone else: “That’s it! Why didn’t we think of this before? Now we know the secret there will be no stopping us”.
    It's the same as them suddenly thinking "why didn't we think of flogging the likes of Hefele and that?!"


  9. #3158
    Bob McKinlay
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    94,317

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I like the idea that the recruiters are having a strategy meeting one day when someone suddenly says, “I know, why don’t we stop signing shit players?”. Everyone else: “That’s it! Why didn’t we think of this before? Now we know the secret there will be no stopping us”.
    I am going to take this attitude to my next divisional strategy meeting.

    I tell you, we will have invented flying cars by Christmas.


  10. #3159

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I like the idea that the recruiters are having a strategy meeting one day when someone suddenly says, “I know, why don’t we stop signing shit players?”. Everyone else: “That’s it! Why didn’t we think of this before? Now we know the secret there will be no stopping us”.
    It'd be nice if EM had the meeting with himself to stop empowering incompetent people tho.


    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shows how badly we've been run under EM so far.

    Most of that loss is due to the wage bill.


  11. #3160
    Nigel Clough
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It'd be nice if EM had the meeting with himself to stop empowering incompetent people tho.




    Shows how badly we've been run under EM so far.

    Most of that loss is due to the wage bill.
    True, but the only reason the smaller figure is not the same as the larger one is due to player sales. They are inevitable, whoever owns us and whatever the wage bill is.

    If we pay wages within our budget (self-sustaining) we probably get relegated because the squad will be terrible. If we pay better wages, we lose millions and have to sell players to cover losses. It’s catch 22 til we get in the PL.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  12. #3161
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    True, but the only reason the smaller figure is not the same as the larger one is due to player sales. They are inevitable, whoever owns us and whatever the wage bill is.

    If we pay wages within our budget (self-sustaining) we probably get relegated because the squad will be terrible. If we pay better wages, we lose millions and have to sell players to cover losses. It’s catch 22 til we get in the PL.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our revenue is around 12th highest in the Championship, but most clubs overspend on wages, so even if we spent all of our £25m a year on wages we'd be expected to finish around 16th every season.

    So yeah, maybe not favourites for relegation but certainly bottom half and battling relegation every season.


  13. #3162
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Financially we're in the same group as Sheff W, Boro, Birmingham, QPR, Reading, Bristol C & Derby. The latter pair bring in slightly more revenue than the rest, but are still in the same echelon.


  14. #3163
    Viv Anderson
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    18,896

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    It'd be nice if EM had the meeting with himself to stop empowering incompetent people tho.




    Shows how badly we've been run under EM so far.

    Most of that loss is due to the wage bill.
    I think that includes the £20m we had to settle with Fawaz.

    The Cash money will be in the next year's acounts.

    EXACT SAME BENEFITS

  15. #3164
    Wally Ardron
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    york
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Financially we're in the same group as Sheff W, Boro, Birmingham, QPR, Reading, Bristol C & Derby. The latter pair bring in slightly more revenue than the rest, but are still in the same echelon.
    Jesus how the mighty fall (well actually fell a long time ago)


  16. #3165
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    42,373

    Default Re: Matty Cash Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    Jesus how the mighty fall (well actually fell a long time ago)
    Yes, it's been a gradual process of relative decline since 1998 but accelerated in the past 10 years.

    There are many contributory factors such as the huge increase in EPL tv revenue, parachute payments, being stuck in tier 2, the train wreck of the Fawaz years, little opportunity to expand commercial use of the CG etc etc


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •