Viv Anderson

Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Which manager flogged him to Sheff U, I can't remember

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Which manager flogged him to Sheff U, I can't remember
    He was sold under Lamouchi, so it would have been the legendary Vrentzos/Modesto combo.

You can't turn down 3m for a player like Osborn when there's corkers like Jenks and Da Costa to snap up instead!

Viv Anderson

[QUOTE=Alf-engelos Mindminackers;3434680]He was sold under Lamouchi, so it would have been the legendary Vrentzos/Modesto combo.

You can't turn down 3m for a player like Osborn when there's corkers like Jenks and Da Costa to snap up instead!

Cheers Alf, I couldn't remember if it was Lamouchi or O'Neil

Sabri dropped a right bollock there

Sabri dropped a right bollock there
    That we did.

Although Sabri wouldn't have had a say in it mate. He played the hand dealt him, and played it stunningly for 6 months.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    That we did.

Although Sabri wouldn't have had a say in it mate. He played the hand dealt him, and played it stunningly for 6 months.
    I don't know the ins & outs of it Alf so I'll take your word for it that managers have no say in buying & selling

You reference De Costa who I believe Sabri was a big fan of although that's just what I've read on here

I don't know the ins & outs of it Alf so I'll take your word for it that managers have no say in buying & selling

You reference De Costa who I believe Sabri was a big fan of although that's just what I've read on here
    Yeah. Personally mate 'll be amazed if Sabri did anything but shut up and do what he was told, with all the players arriving in his time given to him.

Any spin coming from the club stating he had any involvement with these signings I 100% don't believe after all the other spin they've fed us.

As DT says, "why don't they want the fans to know what's going on at the club?" as a reaction to the club's top brass stating we definitely weren't employing Dane Murphy shortly before we did.

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 11-09-21 at 18:29.

Viv Anderson

Yeah. Personally mate 'll be amazed if Sabri did anything but shut up and do what he was told, with all the players arriving in his time given to him.

Any spin coming from the club stating he had any involvement with these signings I 100% don't believe after all the other spin they've fed us.

As DT says, "why don't they want the fans to know what's going on at the club?" as a reaction to the club's top brass stating we definitely weren't employing Dane Murphy shortly before we did.
    Must've been different for CH because I'd be surprised if Glenn Murray was identified by Ventros or whoever

Must've been different for CH because I'd be surprised if Glenn Murray was identified by Ventros or whoever
    Yeah it was. That's the difference in manager and coach right there.

Goals on here......

Matchday Squad

Default Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Goals on here......

Genuinely witnessed more off the ball movement in 1 minute of those highlights than i've seen from us all season, almost forgot what its like to see forward players that move and/or make runs to create space for themselves or others. In most patterns of play the blades almost always had 2 good options to use, most of the time we rarely even have 1

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    Genuinely witnessed more off the ball movement in 1 minute of those highlights than i've seen from us all season, almost forgot what its like to see forward players that move and/or make runs to create space for themselves or others. In most patterns of play the blades almost always had 2 good options to use, most of the time we rarely even have 1
    Aye. Depressing it is.

Used to love watching Billy sides with their movement. Raddy in particular seemed to get everywhere in certain games. Even that side with Cox up front seemed to move fantastically fluid at times.

Good times

Still, at least we've a nice attritional fanny of a manager now who doesn't play good football, and doesn't give CEO's any lip back for not buying good players. That's what football is really about, being losers with a smile rather than contenders with some bite.

Matchday Squad

Aye. Depressing it is.

Used to love watching Billy sides with their movement. Raddy in particular seemed to get everywhere in certain games. Even that side with Cox up front seemed to move fantastically fluid at times.

Good times

Still, at least we've a nice attritional fanny of a manager now who doesn't play good football, and doesn't give CEO's any lip back for not buying good players. That's what football is really about, being losers with a smile rather than contenders with some bite.
    The WBA away game we won 3-1 under BD was one of my favourites, hard to believe it was 11 years ago

Viv Anderson

Yeah it was. That's the difference in manager and coach right there.
    Strange that the club changed its approach from one manager to another

Viv Anderson

Goals on here......

Good player, Sabri dropped a right big bollock by selling him

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    The WBA away game we won 3-1 under BD was one of my favourites, hard to believe it was 11 years ago
    Aye. I'm just grateful for all those who were happy for us to sack Davies for the 11 year of joyous, playoff-making, great-to-watch football and ultimately Prem promotion which we had since.

Much like all the subsequent managers, Davies was the problem, not the club's top brass or it's inept actions in the transfer market.*

*may contain lies

Strange that the club changed its approach from one manager to another
    That's Forest all over. Strange, indecisive, scattergun and an all round mess really.

But with Dane here now we're back there again. Hopefully he has more joy than Vrentzos & Modesto in the market.

Viv Anderson

Aye. I'm just grateful for all those who were happy for us to sack Davies for the 11 year of joyous, playoff-making, great-to-watch football and ultimately Prem promotion which we had since.

Much like all the subsequent managers, Davies was the problem, not the club's top brass or it's inept actions in the transfer market.*

*may contain lies

That's Forest all over. Strange, indecisive, scattergun and an all round mess really.

But with Dane here now we're back there again. Hopefully he has more joy than Vrentzos & Modesto in the market.
    Anyway Alfredo I thought you'd be knocking one out over Jack Marriot scoring today

Anyway Alfredo I thought you'd be knocking one out over Jack Marriot scoring today
    Good goal wasn't it? I'll admit I did think "I wish we had someone with that strength and desire up front".

Impressive member

I seem to remember it was reported that Hughton only agreed to come because he would be given more autonomy when it came to player recruitment. Which does seem to have been the case, at least until the final day of this season. But that might have been the shift to Dane Murphy's role.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Great read and it really isn't a surprise.

https://twitter.com/CoachesVoice/sta...417391618?s=20

First Team

Indeed, Ben seems like a smart lad who understands the game well, not surprising he wants to be a coach, and will probably be a good one.