Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 4,076 to 4,088 of 4088
    A. Trialist

Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Always thought Ben was better than popular opinion would have us believe.

Great to see him thriving. Shame it's not at Forest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    To be fair a lot on this forum were glad to see the back of him.
    I wasn't on the forum when Osborn left,but I always felt he was a good player.

Ian Storey-Moore

Part of Osborn's problem at Forest was he kept being passed from pillar to post in terms of starting position

Had he had a sustained period of matches playing the same midfield position I suspect he'd be one of our best players now

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    I wasn't on the forum when Osborn left,but I always felt he was a good player.
    Just like almost everyone on here, there were protests planned when it was clear he was off. Some have never got over his leaving, it was like seeing your child go off to Liverpool uni, if such a place exists.

Oh Ben Osborn? Shit.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Glad he got a good reception when he went off, although I must admit I don't miss him despite rating him when he played for us.

Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Glad he got a good reception when he went off, although I must admit I don't miss him despite rating him when he played for us.
    Sort of where I'm at.

He's a decent player don't get me wrong but I'm still not sure what is best position is. Is it as a #10? Is it in deeper central midfield? Is it wide left?

Good utility player to have but too much James Perch vibe for me. We got a decent deal for him in the end considering he wasn't going to renew here. £3.5m was a very fair price.

Also doesn't help that football in general is getting more physical and Osborn looks like a 12 year old boy still.

30/09/2021: It's only 8 points to the play-offs. Doesn't matter if we're 20th having lost three times as many games as we've won so far. I fancy us now that Hughton's gone.

Ian Storey-Moore

I was surprised how easily Spence was able to knock him off the ball on numerous occasions. Benny doesn't seem to have improved much at all since leaving.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    I was surprised how easily Spence was able to knock him off the ball on numerous occasions. Benny doesn't seem to have improved much at all since leaving.
    He did look very lightweight didn't he. Spence was going past him like he wasn't there all night. It didn't help for them that he offers minimal goal threat either.

Up-Front

Definitely the Osborn I remember. Neat & tidy on the ball, but doesnt effect the game enough.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Definitely the Osborn I remember. Neat & tidy on the ball, but doesnt effect the game enough.
    Same as 95 percent of 2cnd division players mate.

Stagnant league but very competitive.

Viv Anderson

So he didnít become an infinitely better player when he left us and we sold him too cheap then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Ian Storey-Moore

When I saw he was playing against us last night, it did feel a bit weird but I'm glad he got a good reception which he reciprocated as well.
    I'd like to think we'd do the same if Cash comes back to the City Ground with Villa next year if they go down.

Actually do think if Osborn was still in this team, he'd of been perfect for that left wing back role.

Wish him a good career to be fair.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He did look very lightweight didn't he. Spence was going past him like he wasn't there all night. It didn't help for them that he offers minimal goal threat either.
    nothing new there then. Getting outmuscled by the likes of spence and lolley and some fans wanted him back.