Default Re: Ben Osborn Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    He looks like one of them!
    It is so scary that he does Under 10s !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grenville Morris

Gonna say it took me a minute to realise he wasn't the GK.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Grenville Morris

Which one is he?

Benny confirms he ditched the Derby to support the mighty reds, and still watches most of our games if possible. Good listen.......

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Vn...S9-jrYUwoOeZ-w

Thank fuck we sold him to spunk millions on journeymen like Da Costa, who don't give a fuck and can't even cut in in the Champ, never mind the Prem

Last edited by Alf-engelos Mindminackers; 21-11-20 at 18:57.

Massive Member

I'd hazard a guess Ben wasn't sold and sent kicking and screaming up the road...

Ian Storey-Moore

Regardless of people’s personal opinions of Ben, we ain’t upgraded so it was a bad decision, I’d rather of lost him for nowt in summer and got another year from him

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Regardless of people’s personal opinions of Ben, we ain’t upgraded so it was a bad decision, I’d rather of lost him for nowt in summer and got another year from him
    It could be argued that had we done that we would have kept him anyway as he would have been playing in the Premier League for us.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    It could be argued that had we done that we would have kept him anyway as he would have been playing in the Premier League for us.
    I doubt it, any upgrade forest bring in they turn them into shite.

Ian Storey-Moore

When we played him full back people slaughtered him yet he was better than anyone since. He was called a headless chicken yet no-one had given an outlet for a pass like he did. We've sorely missed him

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    When we played him full back people slaughtered him yet he was better than anyone since. He was called a headless chicken yet no-one had given an outlet for a pass like he did. We've sorely missed him
    Yep, some of the exact same people that used to say that are now pining for him. Same with people saying they can't wait for worral to come back were slating him start of last season, who would have thought let a youngster get experience will make them a better player 🤔

Viv Anderson

I am still of the opinion that he was a good squad member and very good player. Every manager who came in, if memory serves me, played him and he let no one down.

Saw his debut at Ipswich after being on the subs bench for several matches. Wondered who he was and why he wasn't playing; still wondered about the second question when he played that game as it was a pretty good debut.

Nigel Clough

Sadly yet another player who wasn't good enough, but guess what, he was actually too good for Nottingham Forest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nigel Clough

Another player who a lot of people didn't see the work he actually did when he played. But if he was going to leave at the end of the contract without signing a new one and go for nothing we had no choice really but to sell him. People forget that...

https://twitter.com/OsbornOn1/status...27348082528262

Ben Osborn
    @OsbornOn1

"I'm hosting a Q & A with Joe Lolley this coming Monday at 7pm on instagram @ elitefootballdevelopmentuk. Click the link and submit your questions Down pointing backhand index
    https://instagram.com/p/CL9vzNPsdgh/...d=omirqwh7i3tt
    "

Youth Team

Amazed no one else mentioned it, but he picked up his first Premier League goal at the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

According to bbc playing behind front 2 tonight. Burke on bench.

Grenville Morris

Would have him back in a heartbeat if he wanted to come back, but we're well stocked for the positions that he can/has played in (CM playmaker, AM, LW, LB).

Grenville Morris

I'd trade the lot of them for Benny

In Te Domine

Nah

Viv Anderson

Without joining in the chorus for a Benny return, I think his form since he left us, gives the lie to the doubters who questioned his continued appearance in our colours.

A whole-hearted player of undoubted quality.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Without joining in the chorus for a Benny return, I think his form since he left us, gives the lie to the doubters who questioned his continued appearance in our colours.

A whole-hearted player of undoubted quality.
    A victim of his own versatility to some extent, not really suited to left back (where he was often played due to our inability to sign a proper left back) but a good player at wing back or in midfield. I've always rated him though, one of the very, very few ex-Forest players (that are currently still playing) that I'd have back in a heartbeat if offered the chance.

Meant to post this last week, but got sidetracked........

One of the biggest and brightest sparks for Sheffield United in their win over Brighton last night, was the performance of Ben Osborn.

Osborn has shown willingness, desire, and adaptability within the squad.

Under Paul Heckingbottom, Osborn has been enjoying a role further forward. The last few games have seen ‘Ozzie’ pushed up almost alongside Rhian Brewster and David McGoldrick. It means that just this season, Osborn has played left wing-back, central midfield (both sides of the three), and in this new advanced role.

Osborn has displayed the energy, desire, and infectious attitude in recent weeks that rubs off on others.

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/opi...tram-ages-ago/

A real shame Hughton hasn't got Benny still here to work with. The ideal player for him IMO, and having Johnson, Benny & possibly Carva as midfield options would do a lot for us IMO. Que sera.

At least we spent that 3m well "good business"

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    At least we spent that 3m well "good business"
    I don't begrudge the club selling, or even the £3m figure. Fact is he wasn't a first choice regular nor had a nailed spot, and his contract was winding down.

The choice was keep him as a backup option for 12 months and then lose him on a free, or cash in on him and bring in someone else.

In that scenario, I too would have sold him if that was the offer and I was the decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I don't begrudge the club selling, or even the £3m figure. Fact is he wasn't a first choice regular nor had a nailed spot, and his contract was winding down.

The choice was keep him as a backup option for 12 months and then lose him on a free, or cash in on him and bring in someone else.

In that scenario, I too would have sold him if that was the offer and I was the decision maker.
    I do. The fact that the club can't recognize a player who has most the key attributes required to get out this league, and thus doesn't tie him down to a long term contract, to me is a prime example of how naïve those running the club are IMO.

EVERY manager here valued him. The club? Nah, they know nothing. Spend big money on players who haven't even kicked a ball in these leagues instead of paying someone a decent, but well earned, amount to stay here.

I've heard rumours of what Benny is supposedly on at Sheff U, and - if true - we want shooting for not doubling them wages to keep him after what we've allegedly paid out for the like of Knockers.