Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 570
  1. #1

    Default The Jack Hobbs Depreciation Thread

    So good to have him back. Absolute class, and rate effort to have played so many minutes so soon after a lengthy lay off.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,662

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Haven't seen him this season, but before his injury he was a top player for us and we will only benefit by having him back. He just looks the part, a leader and a tough guy, too.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,755

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Sounded beast on the radio! Best CB in the league on his day


  5. #4
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    31,770

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Still can't believe he's not playing in the Premier League. If I built a centre-back from scratch it would be just like Jack, on the one hand he's kind of a throw-back to the tough, old gritty central defenders that I remember from my youth...but at the same time he has enough nouse and skill to fit the modern game. He's quality, his only fault is being made of particularly dry biscuits.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,754

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Great performance last night, but his lack of pace got shown up a couple of times - albeit he broke his neck to make up for it. that, i'm afriad, is why he struggles to get on in the PL.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Still can't believe he's not playing in the Premier League. If I built a centre-back from scratch it would be just like Jack, on the one hand he's kind of a throw-back to the tough, old gritty central defenders that I remember from my youth...but at the same time he has enough nouse and skill to fit the modern game. He's quality, his only fault is being made of particularly dry biscuits.
    If he was faster he could be a starter for quite a few teams in the Prem.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Art beat me to it, grrrrr...


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,754

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    no no, after you, I insist.


  10. #9

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Reading seem to still appreciate him too -

    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...der-jack-hobbs

    Hands off our Hobnob


  11. #10
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    31,770

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest2002 View Post
    If he was faster he could be a starter for quite a few teams in the Prem.
    Good point. I guess he needs to learn to read the game to make up for lack of pace. He's still relatively young for a centre-back though.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Great defender at this level, pairing him with a pacey ball player is perfect too.


  13. #12
    Bad Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Clifton, Nottingham
    Posts
    449

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    He's still relatively young for a centre-back though.
    He's what, 25, 26? Easily 6-7 years of good form left in him.


  14. #13
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    31,770

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Winno View Post
    He's what, 25, 26? Easily 6-7 years of good form left in him.
    26. In fact he turned 26 two days ago. I've always thought that centre backs don't peak unti 30-32 ish though.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,540

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Great performance last night, but his lack of pace got shown up a couple of times - albeit he broke his neck to make up for it. that, i'm afriad, is why he struggles to get on in the PL.
    He was up against Callum Wilson , who reportedly by some coventry fans standard , was their fastest player ever. Hobbs doesn't need to be fast if he can read the game well.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    16,303

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Hobbs actually is fast for his size. Wilson has an engine like Walcott and can make most look slow.

    We actually have a really quick bunch of central defenders... Lascelles, Hobbs, Mancienne and especially Wilson have all got bags of pace.


  17. #16
    Ale ape.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    31,770

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Hobbs actually is fast for his size. Wilson has an engine like Walcott and can make most look slow.

    We actually have a really quick bunch of central defenders... Lascelles, Hobbs, Mancienne and especially Wilson have all got bags of pace.
    Which csn't be a bad thing, as managers are fast cottoning on to the fact that the way modern formations work...pace kills.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,540

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    I would never class Hobbs as fast , wilson , Lascelles & Mancienne have pace though.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,754

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    He was up against Callum Wilson , who reportedly by some coventry fans standard , was their fastest player ever. Hobbs doesn't need to be fast if he can read the game well.
    exactly right - hobbs needs up his reading of the game to substitute for his lack of pace. if he can do that to the required degree then we really will have a player on our hands!


  20. #19
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    41,806

    Default

    I'd appreciate him more if he was made of better biscuits.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  21. #20
    Swedish Meatball
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,113

    Default

    Out for three months, according to our head physio.

    Given the affect these injuries are having on his value we could have a 'Jack Hobbs Depreciation Thread'.

    Last edited by Brolin; 09-10-14 at 12:08.

  22. #21
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    25,273

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I'd appreciate him more if he was made of better biscuits.
    The ankles of a rich tea

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  23. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,322

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Let's hope, pray, we can keep Wilson and MM fit until then at least. And in Lascelles we have good backup. Probably a good idea to have a recall on Laing's next loan deal because Wilson could die at any moment


  24. #23
    Upper Decker
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In acres of space
    Posts
    40,927

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    MM and Wilson are our best pair so it's only going to present a problem if either gets injured for a while. Poor Jack.

    Stand Firm And Strike Hard

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    10,010

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Why is it always three months with our injuries?


  26. #25

    Default Re: The Jack Hobbs Appriciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Why is it always three months with our injuries?
    Kelvin Wilson is three weeks away.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •