Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 2,176 to 2,198 of 2198

Thread: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Viv Anderson

Default Re: Sky Bet League 2 & Non-League Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    Great watch on BBC iplayer that I throughly recommend called Making Macclesfield FC. It's about Savage and his mate buying Macclesfield after they were wound up. Fair play to Savage, he's poured his heart and soul into it.

Sent from my AGS3-W09 using Tapatalk
    Might give that a watch - anything which could take up so much of Savage's time that he doesn't appear as often on the TV sounds a worthwhile project.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ian Storey-Moore

Kings Lynn 2 Wrexham 6

The score somewhat flattered Wrexham. When Wrexham were 2-1 up, it looked to be only a matter of time before a hard working Kings Lynn side would equalise. But the K.L. goalkeeper had a stinker of a game and their defence wasn't much better with mistake following mistake and Wrexham racked up the goals. I think that Kings Lynn are more than capable of avoiding relegation this season, on another day they would have won this match.

Enjoyable day anyway on my first visit to the town since the early Summer of 2001.

Wally Ardron

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    Kings Lynn 2 Wrexham 6

The score somewhat flattered Wrexham. When Wrexham were 2-1 up, it looked to be only a matter of time before a hard working Kings Lynn side would equalise. But the K.L. goalkeeper had a stinker of a game and their defence wasn't much better with mistake following mistake and Wrexham racked up the goals. I think that Kings Lynn are more than capable of avoiding relegation this season, on another day they would have won this match.

Enjoyable day anyway on my first visit to the town since the early Summer of 2001.
    Sky Bet reckon the 3 favourites for automatic promotion are Chesterfield,Wrexham and Notts County.
    As a follower of the National League scene,what do you reckon?

Last edited by Cloughie1975; 13-11-21 at 20:54.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Sky Bet reckon the 3 favourites for automatic promotion are Chesterfield,Wrexham and Notts County.
    As a follower of the National League scene, what do you reckon?
    Those three (along with Grimsby and Stockport) are going to be favourites every season until they regain their league status. A lot of focus on Wrexham due to them having a bit of money these days, though we all know only too well that having a mega rich owner doesn't guarantee success. If it was all down to karma, then surely they would do it as firstly it's only down to the antics of a previous owner fucking them over that they ended up in the National League, and secondly, it was only because of megabucks Fleetwood that they didn't regain their league status when they amassed 98 points in 2012. But there always seems to be a joker in the pack when it comes to promotion from the National League. The last two seasons have seen unfancied Sutton, Barrow and Harrogate toppling the favourites. This season, Solihull, Boreham Wood and Bromley are in play off positions and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them finishes top of the pile.

There are so many clubs with good support in that league now that surely the time has come to introduce four up and four down as in the League 1/2 promotion/relegations each season.

Wally Ardron

Those three (along with Grimsby and Stockport) are going to be favourites every season until they regain their league status. A lot of focus on Wrexham due to them having a bit of money these days, though we all know only too well that having a mega rich owner doesn't guarantee success. If it was all down to karma, then surely they would do it as firstly it's only down to the antics of a previous owner fucking them over that they ended up in the National League, and secondly, it was only because of megabucks Fleetwood that they didn't regain their league status when they amassed 98 points in 2012. But there always seems to be a joker in the pack when it comes to promotion from the National League. The last two seasons have seen unfancied Sutton, Barrow and Harrogate toppling the favourites. This season, Solihull, Boreham Wood and Bromley are in play off positions and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them finishes top of the pile.

There are so many clubs with good support in that league now that surely the time has come to introduce four up and four down as in the League 1/2 promotion/relegations each season.
    Thanks for that-some really interesting thoughts.

Viv Anderson

Kings Lynn 2 Wrexham 6

I just posted in the Notts County thread by mistake! It all seemed to be going so well, then the roof fell in. The match seemed to be end to end at one stage, but then the second half was just downhill.

For us these are dizzy heights and to have another season up here thanks to covid is a bonus.

Glad you enjoyed your trip; bit of a trek, but it was worth it in the end.

Viv Anderson

Do you think the owners at Wrexham know what they are getting into forestjones? Hard to tell how it will go but just watching their interviews they seem a bit niave to the whole thing. No doubt there will be some of that but as we know owning a football club can be a nasty place if you are not doing well. Especially if you are distant as an owner.

The national league is brutal, of all the levels to start at I would pick that one last even below the Championship.

My negative hat on but just looks to me like a recipe for disaster although I am sure they would find a new owner fairly easily.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Do you think the owners at Wrexham know what they are getting into forestjones? Hard to tell how it will go but just watching their interviews they seem a bit niave to the whole thing. No doubt there will be some of that but as we know owning a football club can be a nasty place if you are not doing well. Especially if you are distant as an owner.

The national league is brutal, of all the levels to start at I would pick that one last even below the Championship.

My negative hat on but just looks to me like a recipe for disaster although I am sure they would find a new owner fairly easily.
    I think Rob Mcelhenney has a lot of passion for football and may be in it for the long haul. Ryan Reynolds on the other hand, maybe it's just a rich boys plaything for him and he will get tired of it after a few years, maybe he will sell his share to Will Ferrell who may ne having some involvement soon in any case. I don't for moment believe that this adventure will take them to the Premiership. They may regain Championship status and spend a couple of seasons there, but league one is where they will ultimately end up, that's if they can manage to get out of the national league. As we know from the ownership of the Al-Hasawi brothers and Marinakas, having rich owners doesn't guarantee promotion or any other success. I've told a few of my Wrexham mates this, but told them to just enjoy the ride and the hope.

I don't know whether they would find a new owner fairly easily. They couldn't the last time they needed one and instead became a supporter owned club, I was one of the co-owners for almost 10 years. I imagine the same thing would happen again if they couldn't find an owner. The whole community tends to care about the club, even those that have seasom tickets at Liverpool, Everton and the Manc clubs (£127,000 was raised by the public in one day when Wrexham were facing expulsion from the Conference ten years ago). So I'm fairly confident that when this adventure does end (as it will one day), the club will survive.

Last edited by Forestjones; 14-11-21 at 19:14.

Ian Storey-Moore

Many of the Kings Lynn supporters were joining in with anti-Cleeve chants on Saturday.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/kings-lynn-o...xwLDPfJnVyVnxA

Viv Anderson

Many of the Kings Lynn supporters were joining in with anti-Cleeve chants on Saturday.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/kings-lynn-o...xwLDPfJnVyVnxA
    Oh dear. It looks as if it six of one and half a dozen of the other. He's not exactly Snow White.

Just read that Simon Grayson has " left " Fleetwood. When will people realise the man's a useless manager and total tosser

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmckenzie View Post
    Just read that Simon Grayson has " left " Fleetwood. When will people realise the man's a useless manager and total tosser
    He was a useful manager at league one level once upon a time but he's past his sell by date by a good five years

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

So many managers get onto the merry-go-round after one or two flashes of success and build a career just going round clubs making far more money out of getting sacked than they ever do actually working at the job.

Ian Storey-Moore

I've disliked 'whippet boy' with a passion since the Cohen incident at Elland Road.

Viv Anderson

How can any owner watch that Sunderland doc and say to themselves "That's who I want as manager!"

Ian Storey-Moore

Wrexham scraped a 1-0 v struggling Weymouth in front of the BT sport cameras today to claim a rare home success.

They've now scored 8 goals at home and 27 away. I've seen 14 of those in the 5 matches that I've been to this season.

Ian Storey-Moore

Well, this one will be interesting.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post

Sounds like Ted Lasso's managerial arch enemy

Sent from my God using Tapatalk

First Team

A cryptocurrency group is also trying to buy Bradford City:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...tch+of+the+Day

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post

Fair enough he’s trying to do something but “Real Bedford”? And the skull and cross bones badge - both absolutely tinpot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

NFT's should be binned by football ASAP. They are all using it as a promoting tool, and NFT's in particular are just a pyramid scheme aimed at young people. If they see Man City & Man Utd normalise them then it's not good news for anybody apart from rip off merchants.

That Twitter thread sums up the Crypto "millionaire" mentality. Sell somebody the dream, tell them it can happen quickly and reap the rewards yourself with other people's cash.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 19-12-21 at 10:36.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    NFT's should be binned by football ASAP. They are all using it as a promoting tool, and NFT's in particular are just a pyramid scheme aimed at young people. If they see Man City & Man Utd normalise them then it's not good news for anybody apart from rip off merchants.

That Twitter thread sums up the Crypto "millionaire" mentality. Sell somebody the dream, tell them it can happen quickly and reap the rewards yourself with other people's cash.
    I wondered what was going on, but your post and a quick look at the internet convinced me I shouldn't partake. Plus I have no idea what's going on!