Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: SKYBET LEAGUE 1

Default Re: SKYBET LEAGUE 1

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    No sympathy for Bury and football fans in general. I never heard of an organised protest at Bury that they were spending too much on wages when they have oodles of CVAs. Also just imagine the discontent of the fans if they sold all their high wage earners and got relegated which they should of done.
    What did you make of the Forest match on Tuesday? Your boys took one hell of a beating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Little Italy, aka Bakersfield, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    No sympathy for Bury and football fans in general. I never heard of an organised protest at Bury that they were spending too much on wages when they have oodles of CVAs. Also just imagine the discontent of the fans if they sold all their high wage earners and got relegated which they should of done.
    It's 'have' FFS. Should HAVE!!

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    No sorry don't buy it. No-one sticks a gun to owners heads and says "thou shalt spend beyond thy means"

We all want to progress, it's human nature. But I'm sorry no-one forces clubs to spend beyond their means.

Burton were non-league and forced their way into the Championship, but no-one mentions that because surely there's no way a club can sensibly advance whilst regulating their finances.
    That advancement was relegation.

They may have just broken even, but they still went down.

Burton are rather unique, the Chairman has always run a tight ship regardless of which division they are in and the directors take a pitiful amount out for all the hard work they put into the club on a day to day basis, a mere £63k last season and abolutely nothing the year before.

Luckily for them their Chairman isn't a vain, self centred prick, unlike the vast majority of Chairman throughout the leagues. One of my mates has the contract to supply the security staff at the stadium both on matchdays and throughout the rest of the week, alarm call-outs etc. Burton Albion pay their suppliers on 7 days even when the invoice terms are 30 days. They drive a hard bargain, but are excellent payers. You can't ask for better than that.

Now that Notlob have been saved and bearing in mind they called a game off because they were worried about the pressures on the young kids how are they going to get different players now the transfer window is closed. Will they get special dispensation?

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmckenzie View Post
    Now that Notlob have been saved and bearing in mind they called a game off because they were worried about the pressures on the young kids how are they going to get different players now the transfer window is closed. Will they get special dispensation?
    No why should they? That wouldnt be fair to the rest of the league.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That advancement was relegation.

They may have just broken even, but they still went down.

Burton are rather unique, the Chairman has always run a tight ship regardless of which division they are in and the directors take a pitiful amount out for all the hard work they put into the club on a day to day basis, a mere £63k last season and abolutely nothing the year before.

Luckily for them their Chairman isn't a vain, self centred prick, unlike the vast majority of Chairman throughout the leagues. One of my mates has the contract to supply the security staff at the stadium both on matchdays and throughout the rest of the week, alarm call-outs etc. Burton Albion pay their suppliers on 7 days even when the invoice terms are 30 days. They drive a hard bargain, but are excellent payers. You can't ask for better than that.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Those with a brain and real attachment to football and especially their club do it the right way. Those on an ego trip are always one step from disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    No sorry don't buy it. No-one sticks a gun to owners heads and says "thou shalt spend beyond thy means"

We all want to progress, it's human nature. But I'm sorry no-one forces clubs to spend beyond their means.

Burton were non-league and forced their way into the Championship, but no-one mentions that because surely there's no way a club can sensibly advance whilst regulating their finances.
    You don't need to apologise.

Let me put it this way. If I said to you spend £1000 on a product and you'll have the opportunity to make a return of £1,000,000 once you've sold them and you set up a limited company to sell said product you would be failing to live within your means so are you saying you'd turn that business opportunity down? That the risk, would not be worth the reward?

It's a very basic commercial concept. Risk vs reward, cost vs benefit. Sometimes it doesn't work out and with football this is the cost.

You're answer to my question about how many clubs you can think of that live within their means, as far as I can gather is 1.... Even I could think of more than that and you're the one saying these clubs are an exception!

Quote Originally Posted by duncanmckenzie View Post
    The transfer window for League One and Two clubs closes on 2nd September. Bolton's first signing since their change of ownership was announced earlier today, re-signing Jack Hobbs. They can still sign free transfers at any time, like any other league club, which is probably the route they'll go down. Maybe we can give them Zach Clough and Cumdog as a bit of charity?

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Shots fired by Bury owner Steve Dale....

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...ans-statement/

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

If I were a Bury fan reading that, I would be thinking that the very last ember of hope had died. Even if what he says about the EFL is true (and it wouldn’t shock me if it was) the way that he presents himself and the chaotic way way that he lurches from point to point shows a man totally out of his depth.

If he wasn’t such a narcissist I’d feel sorry for him. He’s like Fawaz on steroids.

Where's me hammer?

I have just read the statement and I have absolutely no idea what I have just read

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

Waffle.

Another Hardy, prick.

Ale ape.

Has he ever heard of punctuation?

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    If I were a Bury fan reading that, I would be thinking that the very last ember of hope had died. Even if what he says about the EFL is true (and it wouldn’t shock me if it was) the way that he presents himself and the chaotic way way that he lurches from point to point shows a man totally out of his depth.

If he wasn’t such a narcissist I’d feel sorry for him. He’s like Fawaz on steroids.
    This. They’ve had about 4 or 5 stays of execution. Blaming the EFL for the incompetence and mismanagement of the club is embarrassing for anyone associated with Bury.

I honestly think that a 5 year old child could write a more coherent statement than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    This. They’ve had about 4 or 5 stays of execution. Blaming the EFL for the incompetence and mismanagement of the club is embarrassing for anyone associated with Bury.
    Prevention is better than cure, the EFL have let too many owners come in to the game that have caused catastrophic damage, most have been lucky to have an opportunity to recover and it's as I mentioned before, they pick and choose the length of time or the heaviness of the punishment to suit who it is. Bury got kicked out, Leeds got a 15 point deduction, not hugely dissimilar scenarios, if anything, Leeds was worse!

The problem is the EFL restricting ownership can be very difficult to stamp down partly due to legal elements but also due to the fact that it is essentially asking owners to voluntarily put heavy regulation and scrutiny on them which nobody really wants to do.

Something needs doing better though. If we can prevent these people getting in, or at least reduce it quite heavily, then these conversations happen a lot less.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    Prevention is better than cure, the EFL have let too many owners come in to the game that have caused catastrophic damage, most have been lucky to have an opportunity to recover and it's as I mentioned before, they pick and choose the length of time or the heaviness of the punishment to suit who it is. Bury got kicked out, Leeds got a 15 point deduction, not hugely dissimilar scenarios, if anything, Leeds was worse!

The problem is the EFL restricting ownership can be very difficult to stamp down partly due to legal elements but also due to the fact that it is essentially asking owners to voluntarily put heavy regulation and scrutiny on them which nobody really wants to do.

Something needs doing better though. If we can prevent these people getting in, or at least reduce it quite heavily, then these conversations happen a lot less.
    As I said earlier in the thread, this shows the desperate need for the EFL to bring in a 'fit and proper person test' which is more than mere lip service. Not easy though. Alan Hardy seemed like the ideal owner on paper.

My point in the post you quote was the EFL have been very lenient with Bury, a club who not only prevented other clubs gaining promotion by breaching spending rules, but who have also completely messed every other League 1 club about this season. Whilst I feel sorry for the fans, no one can deny that they have had enough chances and deserve to be expelled from the league.

As I said earlier in the thread, this shows the desperate need for the EFL to bring in a 'fit and proper person test' which is more than mere lip service. Not easy though. Alan Hardy seemed like the ideal owner on paper.

My point in the post you quote was the EFL have been very lenient with Bury, a club who not only prevented other clubs gaining promotion by breaching spending rules, but who have also completely messed every other League 1 club about this season. Whilst I feel sorry for the fans, no one can deny that they have had enough chances and deserve to be expelled from the league.
    A lot of parties claiming they had a perfectly viable bid on the table pre the deadline which was not acknowledged by the EFL, it was in Boltons and Bolton were also given the privilege of a 14 day period to put something together which Bury never got at any point.

I'll refer back to Leeds United in 2007 who basically said "Fuck you" to the League and their creditors and any kind of rules in place to be granted full league status and a hefty points deduction. I think they cited "exceptional circumstances" but we all know the commercial value of losing Leeds United compared to Bury.

I get it to an extent but it's certainly 1 rule for 1 club and another role for another when it comes to these type of things and that falls firmly with the EFL.

More people than that twat of an owner of theirs are voicing complaints and if they do lodge a legal challenge, I'd imagine there would be plenty of information that could come to light and any element of truth (particularly in their alleged ignorance to the formal bid pre-deadline) considering how they handled the Bolton affair, it won't look good on them.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    A lot of parties claiming they had a perfectly viable bid on the table pre the deadline which was not acknowledged by the EFL, it was in Boltons and Bolton were also given the privilege of a 14 day period to put something together which Bury never got at any point.

I'll refer back to Leeds United in 2007 who basically said "Fuck you" to the League and their creditors and any kind of rules in place to be granted full league status and a hefty points deduction. I think they cited "exceptional circumstances" but we all know the commercial value of losing Leeds United compared to Bury.

I get it to an extent but it's certainly 1 rule for 1 club and another role for another when it comes to these type of things and that falls firmly with the EFL.

More people than that twat of an owner of theirs are voicing complaints and if they do lodge a legal challenge, I'd imagine there would be plenty of information that could come to light and any element of truth (particularly in their alleged ignorance to the formal bid pre-deadline) considering how they handled the Bolton affair, it won't look good on them.
    On this occasion I believe the EFL's version of events. It isn't in their interests to expel a club from the league.

There are plenty of 'hedge fund' types who merely want to strip clubs of their assets, and crooks/chancers who tell the press they've made bids which haven't been received or arent viable, as happened with Bolton.

Bury were given several 'last chances'. It isnt fair on the other clubs in the league or on the perfectly viable clubs who could take their place to let it carry on and on.

Last edited by Ravi; 31-08-19 at 13:00.

Took in Blackpool v Portsmouth while in Blackpool for the weekend. Good match and a great atmosphere at Bloomfield Road these days.

On a couple of occasions during the match, both sets of supporters were chanting 'fuck the EFL'.

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    On a couple of occasions during the match, both sets of supporters were chanting 'fuck the EFL'.
    And they'd be right. As custodians of the game they haven't got a clue.

I had to look it up and was surpised to see they are based in Preston.

The way they act, you'd imagine they are in LaLa land, down in London.

Ale ape.

Fit and Proper running tests would, in my opinion be a far better method. Stricter rules about what can and cannot be done with the clubs money and regular independent auditing of their accounts - with personal fines (rather than club penalties) for non-conforming owners.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Fit and Proper running tests would, in my opinion be a far better method. Stricter rules about what can and cannot be done with the clubs money and regular independent auditing of their accounts - with personal fines (rather than club penalties) for non-conforming owners.
    What? You're saying the EFL should put eg Hardy on a track and see if they can sprint 200 meters and not look like a spanner doing so?

Ale ape.

What? You're saying the EFL should put eg Hardy on a track and see if they can sprint 200 meters and not look like a spanner doing so?
    Well it would have done Notts a favour