Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 3,801 to 3,816 of 3816
    A. Trialist

Default Re: Michail Gregory Antonio

Michail Antonio became West Ham's outright top scorer in the Premier League in a dominant victory for the Hammers over 10-man Leicester City at London Stadium.

Antonio celebrated by lifting a cardboard cut-out of himself after scoring his 48th top-flight goal to break Paolo di Canio's club record.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

First Team

That name rings a bell.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58312266

Take note Dane. This is what you can pickup in the lower leagues if you've got the right contacts and know your stuff

Matchday Squad

Default Michail Gregory Antonio

What a journey he's had, West Ham picked him up off us as a goal scoring winger.. Bilic tried using him as a right back, left back, wing back, winger and secondary striker before Haller got injured and ultimately they gave him the nod as a #9, now look at him

Think it says a lot about not only his traits as a player but also his positive character that he could be utilized in so many different positions. Not once did he really complain about being used out of his preferred position despite being uncomfortable at times, he just got on with it and worked to improve. A perfect example of how much further a good work ethic and positive attitude can push you as a player

Still remember some of the comments from Wednesday fans when he first joined, a lot of them seemed pretty content to see him leave and claimed he was a 'donkey with pace and no end product'. Our fans were quite critical of the signing initially too. Safe to say the lads came a long way in 7 years

He'll be a name that won't be forgotten in the east end for a while, and I couldn't be happier for him

Quote Originally Posted by Any Time Now View Post
    What a journey he's had, West Ham picked him up off us as a goal scoring winger.. Bilic tried using him as a right back, left back, wing back, winger and secondary striker before Haller got injured and ultimately they gave him the nod as a #9, now look at him

Think it says a lot about not only his traits as a player but also his positive character that he could be utilized in so many different positions. Not once did he really complain about being used out of his preferred position despite being uncomfortable at times, he just got on with it and worked to improve. A perfect example of how much further a good work ethic and positive attitude can push you as a player

Still remember some of the comments from Wednesday fans when he first joined, a lot of them seemed pretty content to see him leave and claimed he was a 'donkey with pace and no end product'. Our fans were quite critical of the signing initially too. Safe to say the lads came a long way in 7 years

He'll be a name that won't be forgotten in the east end for a while, and I couldn't be happier for him
    Well said.

Exactly the type of philosophy the likes of Pearce, MON, and Wilder adhere too - attitude first. Perfect for a club like us, as the only way we're ever gonna get top quality talent here now is either through the academy, or buying in lesser knowns who have the right attitude.

Quick! get Mendez on the blower and grab some talentless flakes looking for a years paid holiday instead!

Ian Storey-Moore

Such a shame Pearce nearly relegated us even with all that talent.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Haych View Post
    Such a shame Pearce nearly relegated us even with all that talent.
    By almost relegated us I assume you mean "we were never in danger of relegation, but our fans are overly dramatic that 12th was a relegation battle"

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-engelos Mindminackers View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58312266

Take note Dane. This is what you can pickup in the lower leagues if you've got the right contacts and know your stuff
    How to you manage to turn absolutely every thread in a dig at the club.

Good on Antonio, he gave us a great service and he has shown for years now he is a top quality player and bloke too.

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    By almost relegated us I assume you mean "we were never in danger of relegation, but our fans are overly dramatic that 12th was a relegation battle"

Yes, 12th is clearly relegation. I’m still trying to work out what 24th means though.

oopsy daisy!

Yes, 12th is clearly relegation. I’m still trying to work out what 24th means though.
    24th means we have an experienced Championship manager with a great record who knows what is needed to get us out of this division if we give him enough time to do so.

Viv Anderson

Ah the good old days of 12 teams relegated

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    24th means we have an experienced Championship manager with a great record who knows what is needed to get us out of this division if we give him enough time to do so.
    Via league 1 you mean?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    How to you manage to turn absolutely every thread in a dig at the club.

Good on Antonio, he gave us a great service and he has shown for years now he is a top quality player and bloke too.
    I'm happy for him too-he also seems to have learned to speak-I met him a few times and although he was a really, really nice bloke he was the thickest footballer I've ever spoken to-he talked in a series of joined up footballing cliches (massive club, giving it 110% etc) but that seems to have changed so maybe the water in East London has had some sort of affect on him....

Theres a couple of things however to remember in amongst the general stampede to wank ourselves stupid about him (not aimed at you Rzar by the way!) and that's that a) hindsight is always a wonderful thing.... b) I don't think anyone could have predicted he would turn out this way, lets be absolutely honest he was a huge headless chicken at Wednesday and the world is full of players like that, with about 1 in 100 going from ugly duckling to swan....

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    I'm happy for him too-he also seems to have learned to speak-I met him a few times and although he was a really, really nice bloke he was the thickest footballer I've ever spoken to-he talked in a series of joined up footballing cliches (massive club, giving it 110% etc) but that seems to have changed so maybe the water in East London has had some sort of affect on him....

Theres a couple of things however to remember in amongst the general stampede to wank ourselves stupid about him (not aimed at you Rzar by the way!) and that's that a) hindsight is always a wonderful thing.... b) I don't think anyone could have predicted he would turn out this way, lets be absolutely honest he was a huge headless chicken at Wednesday and the world is full of players like that, with about 1 in 100 going from ugly duckling to swan....
    Ultimately though Pearce spotted the Swan in the duckling, and signed one of our best signings in the last 20 years, both in terms of ability and value. Hindsight? For me definitely. I thought we'd overpaid! For Pearce? No.

It can be done, and EM wants us to be a Prem club again, esp in the 6-12 month time frame he gives most managers to make that happen, then that's the level of signing we need to be making. Not every player will be that level, but even 1 or 2 would help.

Pearce did brilliant with Antonio, and deserves credit. Dane should be looking to replicate that level of signing, and hopefully he will.

A. Trialist

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...l/58393998.amp

Decided to make his debut for Jamaica at 31 instead of having an outside chance of getting capped for England.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ilson View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...l/58393998.amp

Decided to make his debut for Jamaica at 31 instead of having an outside chance of getting capped for England.
    Do you think he's that bothered?