Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1026

Default Re: Gigs you been to this year...so far.

Managed to get a few in in Jan/Feb - lots of them postponed til next April.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wally Ardron

first concert - status Quo in 86
    first "gig" Inspirals at Trent Poly in 89 I think

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by ozthecoz View Post
    first concert - status Quo in 86
    first "gig" Inspirals at Trent Poly in 89 I think
    I was at that Inspirals gig, saw the Happy Mondays there that year as well, amongst others.
    The acoustics were shite unless there was a full crowd in, it was a sports hall with a balcony wasn’t it.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I was at that Inspirals gig, saw the Happy Mondays there that year as well, amongst others.
    The acoustics were shite unless there was a full crowd in, it was a sports hall with a balcony wasnít it.
    Yeah awful sound, saw Dinosaur Jnr there.

First gig Stranglers supported by the Skids 1978 in some club in Portsmouth.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bit quiet this thread.

Just bought tickets to see Groove Armada headline Kaleidoscope at Alexandra Park in July. Might be wishful thinking but wanted something to look forward to.

Viv Anderson

Got a few things booked for the second half of the year. Some of them postponed from last year, some of them new bookings.
    Latest is Seasick Steve at the concert hall in November. Booked them last week. I actually think that venue is larger than I'd like to see him but managed to get stall seats.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Can't Re Member

My diary says Iíve got Baxter Drury this month, donít remember seeing a cancellation email!

Oh FFS.

Warp Speed Chic

I've got Joanne Shaw Taylor next month, and Fontaine's DC the month after. Really hope they both get pushed back

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I've got Joanne Shaw Taylor next month, and Fontaine's DC the month after. Really hope they both get pushed back
    I think they will.

Someone was on about tickets being on sale for Leeds festival, questioning if it’s possible to go from a lockdown in March to 80,000 people in a field in August.
    Seems ambitious at this point.

Warp Speed Chic

I think they will.

Someone was on about tickets being on sale for Leeds festival, questioning if itís possible to go from a lockdown in March to 80,000 people in a field in August.
    Seems ambitious at this point.
    JST's audience are all likely vaccinated by now, judging by the gigs of hers I've been to

I can't see it either. What worries me at the moment is that they may reschedule before we've got our 2nd jab. Meaning some people may miss out n that

The Foam Hand

JST's audience are all likely vaccinated by now, judging by the gigs of hers I've been to

I can't see it either. What worries me at the moment is that they may reschedule before we've got our 2nd jab. Meaning some people may miss out n that
    Aye, I’m not booking nowt Freddie and I’m desperate to watch a decent gig. Even at my ripe age I don’t think I’ll be fully vaccinated until late summer.

Warp Speed Chic

Aye, Iím not booking nowt Freddie and Iím desperate to watch a decent gig. Even at my ripe age I donít think Iíll be fully vaccinated until late summer.
    Same, we got excited in the group chat this week about gigs but according to the calculator I'll have my second vaccine a couple of days before one we nearly booked but it's just too much of a risk.

Can't wait to get amongst again though. It's going to be so cathartic

The Foam Hand

Same, we got excited in the group chat this week about gigs but according to the calculator I'll have my second vaccine a couple of days before one we nearly booked but it's just too much of a risk.

Can't wait to get amongst again though. It's going to be so cathartic
    Crowd surfing by September?

Warp Speed Chic

Crowd surfing by September?
    Awh, I can't wait. The beers before, the queue, getting a 2 Pinter, the support band, another beer, the pre show music, the lights going out.

It's painful that it's nearly been a year since the last one

The Foam Hand

Awh, I can't wait. The beers before, the queue, getting a 2 Pinter, the support band, another beer, the pre show music, the lights going out.

It's painful that it's nearly been a year since the last one
    The lights going out is the butterflies in the stomach moment isn’t it!? What a feeling.

One of the best bands I used to watch regularly for stunts was Pop Will Eat Itself. The lights would go out, then ‘the lunatics have taken over the asylum’ by Fun Boy Three blasted out through the PA, the crowd was a swirling mess. Then the band would come on, gradually, Clint the lead singer would hide under the dry ice fog then just appear at the right moment.
    They knew how to milk an audience.

Warp Speed Chic

The lights going out is the butterflies in the stomach moment isnít it!? What a feeling.

One of the best bands I used to watch regularly for stunts was Pop Will Eat Itself. The lights would go out, then Ďthe lunatics have taken over the asylumí by Fun Boy Three blasted out through the PA, the crowd was a swirling mess. Then the band would come on, gradually, Clint the lead singer would hide under the dry ice fog then just appear at the right moment.
    They knew how to milk an audience.
    It's one of the reasons live music is the best, you never lose those butterflies.

I just went through some vids, can't wait to get back at it. GIMME THAT VACCINE

I canít wait either. New Order in September, itís a big out side thing but I don the care.
    Will see whatís happening I guess in lesdah too , I kiss a small sweaty venue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viv Anderson

Got rollover tickets for Bluedot postponed from last July. There were times when I was very pessimistic about the chances of it happening this year, but much more optimistic now mainly because of the vaccine rollout.
    The last update from them was just after the roadmap was released.
    Currently it is 'on'.

Fingers crossed.

I hope that they manage to get the tours going soon. My great nephew joined the Ferocious Dogs band at the start of 2020. They had to cancel last years tour. Hopefully they can do this years tour.

Warp Speed Chic

It's been a year since my last gig, mental.

Wally Ardron

I've got The utopiates booked for the end of July, Shiiine on at Butlins in November and 1st 1st in December at the Bodega

Hoping I can get plenty more in too

Oh and Doves at rock city was meant to be next month but don't know when it's rescheduled for ( second postponement)

Can't Re Member

I had Foals in Blackpool and Manchester last year supposedly, then moved to this year, now next year. Just taken the refund on the Manchester tickets because I donít like the venue. Castlefield Bowl. Proper atmosphere killer.

Viv Anderson

So last night, I decided it was high time I watched the Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets live at the Roundhouse blu-ray I had for Christmas.

For those that don't know, Nick Mason was Pink Floyd's drummer and he's assembled a band (although it wasn't his idea!) that plays only PF's early pre Dark Side of the Moon material, including Gary Pratt who played bass for Floyd after Roger Waters' departure, and Gary Kemp; who it turns out is a guitar god. Who'd have thought that listening to Spandau Ballet?

It was superb. As was the show when I saw them on their first tour in 2019 at NRCH.
    Massively looking forward to seeing them next May in DeMontford Hall 2 years later and multiple postponements than originally scheduled.

Wally Ardron

I'm tempted to do the Libertines at Rock City in December. Forty quid is probably too much but might still go.

Senior doom Monger

I have:
    Samantha Fish next March.
    Eric Gales T.B.C.