Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nigel Clough

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ale ape.

Default Re: Michael Mancienne

Can't believe he's 26 already. No idea if he's been any good in Germany or not, but he certainly looked the part back in that England Under 21 team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Can't believe he's 26 already. No idea if he's been any good in Germany or not, but he certainly looked the part back in that England Under 21 team.
    Was a permanent starter for Wolves as well in the prem when they stayed up for a few seasons. So has got lots of Prem experience. Would be a good bit of business if we can pull it off and would be an almost certain starter.

Viv Anderson

Pearce just keeps delivering the goods.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Would be a class signing especially with our injured centre backs. Would prob mean Jmaal would be out the door though wouldn't it?

Ian Storey-Moore

Quote Originally Posted by forestmad80 View Post
    Would be a class signing especially with our injured centre backs. Would prob mean Jmaal would be out the door though wouldn't it?
    Not necessarily, perhaps this is the Wilson replacement, with Lascelles as the other centre back, if Hobbs isn't 100%. Of course, they could be sending Lascelles out for a season loan or something.

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Not necessarily, perhaps this is the Wilson replacement, with Lascelles as the other centre back, if Hobbs isn't 100%. Of course, they could be sending Lascelles out for a season loan or something.
    Huh? Sending Lascelles on loan, the only way he is leaving will surely be by getting top dollar for him.

Ale ape.

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    I don;t think the 'plan' is that detailed at this stage, let's just get bodies in so there's some competition for places and we don't end up having to ask Midfielders, full-backs and even strikers to play centre-back as in previous seasons.

Swedish Meatball

Bloody hell. Haven't seen him for a few years but he was good before leaving for Germany.

Where has this signing even come from? Very efficient.

If they could stay fit then our centre backs would be the best in the league. Hobbs, Wilson, Lascelles and now Mancienne, with Collins, Halford and the Spanish kid as back ups.

Impressive member

Very happy with this. Surely Lascelles will be going? But if we get a decent fee from him and replace with quality, so be it.

Viv Anderson

Lascelles out for £6m or so
    Mancienne, Laing and Riera in for £1.5m

I know that Jamaal is outstanding, but that's damn good business

Matchday Squad

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post

Yep, agreed.

Matchday Squad

I'm not so sure. Could be fantastic business. But I haven't seen Mancienne play for about 5 years, I've never seen either Laing or Riera play. "Pedigree" is one thing, but I only like to judge on what I see.

What I do know is that Jamaal Lascelles was fantastic alongside Jack Hobbs last season and was getting better by the game. He is highly rated by top clubs, he is on a long-term contract, I really want us to keep hold of him for at least or year or 2 and see where we stand then. Could Southampton have sold Lallana for £25 million 3 years ago? No chance.

Nigel Clough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v75dZGNicPQ

Video of him last year in the Bundesliga, the title of the video is "The Machine" which can't be a bad thing!

Matchday Squad

Video of him last year in the Bundesliga, the title of the video is "The Machine" which can't be a bad thing!
    not one to pull out of a tackle then !

Viv Anderson

Looks class!

Wally Ardron

Looks class!
    I think we shall be saying good bye to Lascelles, Wilson and Collins at some point this season with these recent positive defensive signings. Injuries aside it is very clear Pearce is planning something along these lines.

First Team

Wearing No3 & tackling like that - it's written in the stars that he'll be a Forest player

Your palms are holding her neck and thumbs are at her ears regulating the speed of her head as she swallows and then sucks up your machinery. She is topping up your engine oil for the cross-country coming up. Your RPM is hitting a new high. To wait any longer would be to lose prime time... She picks up a Bugatti's momentum. You want her more at a Volkswagen's steady trot. Squeeze the maximum mileage out of your gallon of gas. But she's eating up the road with all cylinders blazing.

Aniruddha Bahal (Bunker 13

Not a fan of mr Mancienne I'm afraid.

Hamburg have been crap defensively for the entirety of his time there and he could not force himself into the side regularly.

When I've seen him (5 or 6 times over the past couple of years) he looks shaky, indecisive and prone to errors as well as appearing to lack the aggression a centre back needs.

Hopefully Pearce has seen enough in him during his time with the under 21's to know if coached right he could be a decent player.

As far as the standard of the Bundesliga - Bayern and BvB are ahead of the top teams in the prem. Unforuntately the rest of the Bundesliga is made up of a lot of dross. I'd rank it somewhere between Italy and France.

Matchday Squad

He is absolute class. This is a fantastic signing. I want Jamaal to stay, but what a way to cushion the blow

First Team

Pearce played him as a DM quite often for the U21's.

Nigel Clough

Why do people think this means Lascelles will go? We're not in a position to sell a centre back... We have two biscuits in Hobbs and Wilson, Laing who although has potential has never played at this level, Riera who looks to be going into the under 21s and Danny Collins who's awful... That leaves us with Lascelles who is also injured!

Ale ape.

Riera who looks to be going into the under 21s
    Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from Riera this season, 19 is awfully young for a footballer to move abroad and he'll probably need a full year adjusting to the culture, the difference of the game and potential homesickness.

Last one standing

Top class signing, but I am worried about Forest fans potential inability to correctly spell his last name.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Top class signing, but I am worried about Forest fans potential inability to correctly spell his last name.
    Mansemen