Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 484 of 484 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484
Results 12,076 to 12,093 of 12093

Thread: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

Nigel Clough

Default Re: SKYBET CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    That's Birmingham pretty much safe then.
    And Derby. If Rotherham can't get anything from home games against Coventry and Birmingham then it's unlikely they'll pick up enough points to overtake Derby, despite their games in hand. Meh.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by forestguy View Post
    To be fair I want to stay away from Rotherham as much as possible, still 10 points clear, and put this season behind us, regardless of D*rby.
    I quite agree.We would be much better served putting our own house in order without concerning ourselves with
    another ailing 2nd division team.

Upper Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    And Derby. If Rotherham can't get anything from home games against Coventry and Birmingham then it's unlikely they'll pick up enough points to overtake Derby, despite their games in hand. Meh.
    They looked like relegation fodder today.

We shall see. A win from one of their two games in hand and suddenly it looks tight.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    They looked like relegation fodder today.

We shall see. A win from one of their two games in hand and suddenly it looks tight.
    True, but I really can't see it myself. I think if they were going to drag themselves out of it, it would have been this week. Hope I'm wrong though.

Viv Anderson

Rotherham's last 6 games.

Middlesbrough (home) - Very winnable. Boro's recent form is awful.
    Barnsley (away) - Barnsley going for the playoffs. Rotherham would do well to get anything out of the game.
    Brentford (away) - Same as above.
    Blackburn (home) - Push Blackburn back, could get a win.
    Luton (away) - Another team in pretty good form. Not an easy game. Suspect a defeat here.
    Cardiff (away) - Mick McCarthy's honeymoon period is over. Cardiff looking terrible of late. Last day of season with nothing to play for, this could be a huge game for Rotherham.

Derby's last 4 games.

Preston (away) - Preston away is never an easy game.
    Birmingham (home) - 3rd in the Championship form table. Lee Bowyer seems to have had a positive impact since he arrived. Won't be an easy game.
    Swansea (away) - Swansea away is never an easy game.
    Sheff Wed (home) - Will be a massive game last day of the season, I reckon.

Brentford have won one in the last six. And if their play-off place looks guaranteed by then too, it might not be the worst fixture for Rotherham.

Didn't Forest relegate Gillingham on the final day after we were already down. Wednesday could be up for a bit of that.

Middlesbrough and Blackburn have been pretty bad of late. Forest seem to have put Cardiff on the virtual beach.

There are potential wins there for Rotherham.

The wins for Huddersfield, Birmingham and Coventry this weekend ensures even if Derby win on Tuesday, they'll still be the team Rotherham are chasing.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    The wins for Huddersfield, Birmingham and Coventry this weekend ensures even if Derby win on Tuesday, they'll still be the team Rotherham are chasing.
    Just need to hope Rotherham can get their shit together and beat Boro. Then hope Derby lose to Preston and it's game on.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Forget egging on Rotherham. The quicker it's mathematically impossible for Forest to go down the better. As fudge ups go, these guys know how to do the almost impossible. CH at the helm or not. He won't know what's hit him if Forest were to do a special.

Quote Originally Posted by Listen 'ere young man View Post
    Forget egging on Rotherham. The quicker it's mathematically impossible for Forest to go down the better. As fudge ups go, these guys know how to do the almost impossible. CH at the helm or not. He won't know what's hit him if Forest were to do a special.
    I agree- never understood the obsession and hatred for a club that has achieved nowt for 45 years.I suppose it
    shows how low the club has sunk in recent times.

Viv Anderson

Mathematical considerations are still too far away. If you look at the table, Rotherham still have 18 points to play for and, if results went right, could send down Stoke in 12th place. Now that's not going to happen, but it could mathematically.

Let's be realistic, if Rotherham get out of this hole, they will deserve the cheer they will get, but looking at past results, it seems very unlikely.

Nigel Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    I agree- never understood the obsession and hatred for a club that has achieved nowt for 45 years.I suppose it
    I’m curious. Are you a previous poster called Forest Grump?

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughie1975 View Post
    Probably because you don't work with any Derby fans.

Viv Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Mathematical considerations are still too far away. If you look at the table, Rotherham still have 18 points to play for and, if results went right, could send down Stoke in 12th place. Now that's not going to happen, but it could mathematically.

Let's be realistic, if Rotherham get out of this hole, they will deserve the cheer they will get, but looking at past results, it seems very unlikely.
    They have to win 4 of their last 6 for us to go down. They already look tired. It's just not gonna happen. I think at best they will win 2 and draw a couple which would mean Derby would need some points which they seem incapable of getting at the minute.

Last edited by Rzarecteh; 18-04-21 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I’m curious. Are you a previous poster called Forest Grump?
    No,why would I want to post under another name.As I said,the obsession with an equally failing 2nd division club
    is rather strange to me.

Nigel Clough

I mean, we’re all obsessed with a failing second division team aren’t we? That’s why we’re here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I mean, we’re all obsessed with a failing second division team aren’t we? That’s why we’re here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent point-being obsessed with one team is fine,but two?!

Grenville Morris

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Mathematical considerations are still too far away. If you look at the table, Rotherham still have 18 points to play for and, if results went right, could send down Stoke in 12th place..
    Not possible, Derby wouldn't be able to catch Stoke (13 points behind, 12 to play for), not even considering the other clubs.

Not done the exercise but suspect Bristol City and Blackburn are mathematically safe as all the clubs below them play each other once or twice and they can't all take full points, so another win would probably be enough to make us mathematically safe too.

.k I m
    I m u mm